Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Robert Quinn arrested July 10th

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: Robert Quinn arrested July 10th

Instead of being "self righteous" it makes more sense to come in and proclaim what an individual "isn't." So what if he isn't a pedophile, rapist, or murderer...he also hasn't been accused of that. Sure, he hasn't had his day in court, and IF this is his first alcohol related driving offense, and he WERE to be found or plead guilty, his consequences will be minimal. He may even be not guilty (I didn't say innocent, but that's a possibility as well). This has simply turned into a discussion, and maybe I missed where it has gotten to be "a bit much" about what may or may not have happened and what the consequences will be. I deal with this stuff on a daily basis and never do I use "rocks" in doing so, just facts. As a side note, if this did have anything to do with a tumor then that could be a different, but serious issue in and of itself.
    RealRam likes this.

Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Silly silly silly.

prof22693 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    I'll probably get crucified for this, but the self righteousness on this board is getting to be a bit much.

He' s not a pedophile, rapist or murderer people. He's a 21 year old that made a bad decision, (which obviously no one else on this board has ever done).

Lighten up, and put the rocks down. He hasn't had his day in court yet either. May even have something to do with his tumor.

(I gotta' admit though, AV's post was kinda' funny).
    Slightly off topic, but I actually had no idea RQuinn had a tumor until I read this post and the thread. I just watched the 2 part series on Youtube on it. Wow, crazy stuff. And yeah Vegas, I wonder if the tumor is remotely related.

All aside, hopefully Quinn can put this behind him.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I'll probably get crucified for this, but the self righteousness on this board is getting to be a bit much.

He' s not a pedophile, rapist or murderer people. He's a 21 year old that made a bad decision, (which obviously no one else on this board has ever done).
    Murderer, no, but serious none the less. Many thousands of innocent people are killed every year because of drunk driving. It was a stupid thing for Quinn to do.

This isn't just about a wreckless act, it's about behavior and judgement. Quinn is already taking advantage of a second chance after being suspended by the NCAA for bad behavior. Now this. If he has another alcohol related incident, he'll face discipline by the NFL, which hurts the Rams. He needs to wise up because he's out of chances.

As far as being self righteous, I don't think admonishing one of our players for repeating stupid behavior is out of line.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I heard on WFAN in New York this morning that since 2005, the Minnesota Vikings have the most arrests in the NFL with 37. Second (to no one's surprise) is the Cincinnati Bengals with 33. Third is the Denver Broncos.

The LEAST??? The St. Louis Rams with 7. Let's hope this isn't the start of a reverse trend.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    Does the first DUI warrant a suspension from Goodell??
    Doubt it. How is the league going to man 32 teams on opening day if they suspend every little DWI.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Let's not forget how young Quinn is.
    He's a 21 year old that made a bad decision
    Gosh, that IS a relief. Turns out as long as you're young while you drive drunk, you won't kill or injure anyone. Whew! Good thing he's only 21, or this could have been really bad.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I don't make millions of dollars a year, but I can still afford to get a cab after i've been drinking.

No excuse for this at all

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Gosh, that IS a relief. Turns out as long as you're young while you drive drunk, you won't kill or injure anyone. Whew! Good thing he's only 21, or this could have been really bad.
    Funny, Hub - but the point, (which IMO many responders conveniently sidestep, or ignore completely), is were he older, he would probably have better judgement.

Instead we get the usual "drunk driving is bad, there's no excuse for it, it can kill innocent people"...response.

Really? Gosh - I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the info.

So, if he's guilty, punish him, but I'm not going to hate him for it.
    And why not see what happens before convicting him?
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I heard on WFAN in New York this morning that since 2005, the Minnesota Vikings have the most arrests in the NFL with 37. Second (to no one's surprise) is the Cincinnati Bengals with 33. Third is the Denver Broncos.

The LEAST??? The St. Louis Rams with 7. Let's hope this isn't the start of a reverse trend.
    That conflicts with a few members mantra of throwing caution to the wind with guys who have character problems, and just stock pile them. Frankly that stat makes me glad we have the team that we do, I would have trouble cheering for a team that I had to see who was eligible to play that week.

Personally, I highly condemn this behavior. Quinn needs to shape up, drunk driving is dangerous, not just to you, but more importantly to others, who didn't make the choice to put their lives in danger, but have to suffer the consequences of the poor choices of others. To me, this isn't something to be dismissed with a wave of the hand and quip to not try to do it again. I'd hate to see Quinn get suspended as we need him, but I'd prefer it, as I am strongly opposed to drunk driving.

Perhaps the people claiming the board is too righteous have never lost a friend or family member to a drunk driver. It's a terrible ordeal to go through, I don't recommend it. And yes, I hated the fact Little was on the team, he should have been in prison, not rolling in millions of dollars.

End Rant

P.S. I'd like to know the arrest rate of NFL players compared with the population at large.

Funny, Hub - but the point, (which IMO many responders conveniently sidestep, or ignore completely), is were he older, he would probably have better judgement.

Instead we get the usual "drunk driving is bad, there's no excuse for it, it can kill innocent people"...response.

Really? Gosh - I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the info.

So just because it's well established that drunk driving is dangerous means we should care less when people do it? I'm not sure of your point with the whole usual response of drunk driving is dangerous and that you already know that.

Most likely Quinn will hire a lawyer who will get the charge dismissed or reduced. It's pretty standard for a first time offender, but it doesn't mean he didn't do it. Doesn't mean he did either, I'll admit. I won't hate him for it, but I can't say I'd want him on the team if he did it again.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas
    And were there another vehicle in his way, someone might have died. I can't imagine he could stand in front of someone's family and say, "I know I killed your loved one, but when I get older I will not make such bad decisions." I'm sure the family will be cool with that.

Make no mistake, the point is NOT what he or anyone else will do in the future; but rather what he did this time.
    Which is the response one should expect when multiple excuses are being made for him.
    Nobody hates the guy, Vegas. But nobody should be making excuses for this kid either. Whether it's "everybody has done it" (no, there's plenty of people who have not driven drunk) or "it's okay, he's young", there is no excuse for his action, and he needs to be put on notice. This is not acceptable.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

It's now extremely obvious that this guy has a problem in making logical decisions regarding his personal affairs.

Perhaps Fisher can get a "Butler" clause written into Quinn's contract?

Hey, even Batman had a darn good Butler to go to for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    It's now extremely obvious that this guy has a problem in making logical decisions regarding his personal affairs.

Perhaps Fisher can get a "Butler" clause written into Quinn's contract?

Hey, even Batman had a darn good Butler to go to for advice.
    Quinn...is...batman...?

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    Quinn...is...batman...?
    He....is.....???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast