eldfan is offline Registered User

Robert Quinn continuing to impress Rams

Robert Quinn continuing to impress Rams
    FOX SPORT News .Jun 16
    Robert Quinn was a 1st round pick of the St. Louis Rams in the 2011 NFL Draft and he was viewed as such a steal at 14 that the Rams took him even though they didn’t have an immediate need at the position. Quinn played in a situational role last season as a rookie, with 6 sacks, 9 quarterback hits, and 21 quarterback pressures, though he graded out negatively against the run on ProFootballFocus. With starter James Hall gone, Quinn is expected to have a much bigger role in 2012 as the starting defensive end opposite Chris Long, another former 1st round pick.

ESPN Draft Guru Mel Kiper stated earlier this offseason that Quinn was a potential breakout star for the Rams with the potential to have double digit sacks in 2012. Quinn has reportedly been impressing throughout the offseason in practice and the Rams have “sky high” expectations for Quinn in 2012, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Defensive line coach Mike Waufle calls Quinn “God-gifted” and praises Quinn’s ability to play the run. Quinn definitely has the natural ability to get double digit sacks this season and flashed his talent last year. He’ll need to improve against the run from last season, but between him and Chris Long, the Rams might have league’s best 4-3 defensive end pass rushing duo.

:ramlogo:

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Re: Robert Quinn continuing to impress Rams

In order for your football team to make noise, your strengths have to materialize. Our defensive ends qualify as a potential strength for this ballclub. Obviously Long had a great year, but Quinn must also build upon a promising year to draw double teams away from Long and complete the package. 10 sacks and marked improvement against the run are benchmarks I'd like to see for Quinn this season.

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Re: Robert Quinn continuing to impress Rams

Robert Quinn was one of my favorite 1st round picks in a long time. Even more than Bradford, because when we drafted Bradford, I was fine with it and wanted to see how he would play. After the preaseason and a bit into the season, I was sold on Bradford. For me I was excited about Quinn from Day 1. This is so good to hear. He was a beast at UNC and I knew he would do good in the NFL. Glad he is on our team. And I keep saying this but guys. Get ready for the Rams version of Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney for yearsssss to come