RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Robinson WAS NOT open on that last play ...

It may have looked that way on the replay, but you have to understand what happened on that play. I just watched it twice more to understand ...

Avery is lined up far right. His DB is playing zone, he drops and then stops as Avery runs past him ....

Robinson is lined up left, running a deep skinny post ...

Horton is playing center field, deep, and is lined up between Robinson and Avery. He is the centerfielder. Only hope on this play is to somehow get him to bite and throw the opposite way ...

Bulger stepped up in the pocket, he was looking centerfield, likely in hopes of getting Horton to commit or bite to the center ...

Horton didn't commit either way, and Bulger was out of time and unloaded to Avery. Horton rolled over and forced the incompletion, despite committing some illegal contact ...

If this is an option route, and Avery stops and comes back, there is probably enough cushion for a completion. Likely this was a called 9 route ...

Had Bulger thrown the ball to Robinson, Horton would have rolled his way and likely broken up the play. Robinson did have a step on both defenders, but it was likely designed that way to bait the QB. Same with the defensive back bailing on Avery and letting him run free. Bad throw by QB results in INT ...

So while it looked nice on replay, there was nothing there in actuality. Do you realize how difficult it is to complete a big pass play like that against that type of deep coverage defense?

The WR would have had to make a play for anything to come of this. Last year Avery did, this year he didn't ...

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

Re: Robinson WAS NOT open on that last play ...

heart breaking losss Avery needs to regain his confidence and not let these fumbles become frequent . . . he will be fine concentration is key and knowing how to go down on certain plays is even more inportant
    Torry Holt Dont play that

Mooselini is offline Registered User

It's just something we want to point out. we want to figure out what was wrong. i didnt think anyone was open for that last play. =/ it was just a tough spot to be in that late in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    It may have looked that way on the replay, but you have to understand what happened on that play. I just watched it twice more to understand ...

Avery is lined up far right. His DB is playing zone, he drops and then stops as Avery runs past him ....

Robinson is lined up left, running a deep skinny post ...

Horton is playing center field, deep, and is lined up between Robinson and Avery. He is the centerfielder. Only hope on this play is to somehow get him to bite and throw the opposite way ...

Bulger stepped up in the pocket, he was looking centerfield, likely in hopes of getting Horton to commit or bite to the center ...

Horton didn't commit either way, and Bulger was out of time and unloaded to Avery. Horton rolled over and forced the incompletion, despite committing some illegal contact ...

If this is an option route, and Avery stops and comes back, there is probably enough cushion for a completion. Likely this was a called 9 route ...

Had Bulger thrown the ball to Robinson, Horton would have rolled his way and likely broken up the play. Robinson did have a step on both defenders, but it was likely designed that way to bait the QB. Same with the defensive back bailing on Avery and letting him run free. Bad throw by QB results in INT ...

So while it looked nice on replay, there was nothing there in actuality. Do you realize how difficult it is to complete a big pass play like that against that type of deep coverage defense?

The WR would have had to make a play for anything to come of this. Last year Avery did, this year he didn't ...
    Don't burst the Bulger haters bubble. These armchair qb's see everything on the field even though they are sitting at home with pork rinds in one hand and keystone light in the other. Don't take the wind out of their sails, without being able to blame Bulger what would they do with their lives.
    Just Fix It

Warner4prez is offline Registered User

Jackson was wide open with plenty of running room had he dumped it off to him. Just figured I'd throw that out there.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Warner4prez View Post
    Jackson was wide open with plenty of running room had he dumped it off to him. Just figured I'd throw that out there.
    50 yards of running room?

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

It would have given them a first down with time left.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

I am guessing that after being heavily pressured on the first three downs, that Bulger knew he had to get the ball out of the end zone, and quickly.

Bulger did the best he could of trying to get Horton to bite centerfield and give Avery a shot. He fired when he thought he had to, and Avery didn't make a great effort on the play. Horton also bumped Avery could have been called for interference ...

Jackson leaked out at the last second, as Bulger was stepping into his throwing motion. There was a Washington defender standing at the 15 yard line. No guarantee a first down comes of it.
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -09-21-2009 at 02:06 PM.

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Warner4prez View Post
    I thought I was the only one that noticed that. I think he would have picked up the first no doubt.

RamFan876 is offline Registered User

Avery is just returning from injury and had a bad day all around. If you had the choice to throw a jump ball in that situation, who are you choosing? Robinson is the better playmaker right now and should have had the chance to make a play. I'm always curious as to whether it was a play call or a Bulger decision.