Judaxi is offline Registered User

Robinson and Null

Hey everyone, I don't post much but I'm constantly on here reading everyone else thoughts so I decided to share mine after watching the first two preseason games. First is WR Laurent Robinson. I thought he played well in the first game and last night he was great. He has great hands and did a great job showing the coaches what he can do. I'm really excited to see him step up this season on the other side of Avery, especially since we pretty much got him for free. Secondly I was very impressed with rookie QB Keith Null. His td pass in the first game had great touch on it and he continued to show us that touch last night. He seemed extremley comfortible in the gun and put the ball in perfect spots for his recievers. I know it was against the second and third string defenses but I was still very impressed with him. What does everyone else think of these two?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Robinson and Null

I agree with you on both counts.

Robinson looks rock solid to me. He's running great routes, getting separation and making impressive catches. He's a lock for the #2 slot IMO.

Null looks extremely poised out there, accurate too, although the INT at the end was not a good decision. It's probably going to be a tough decision between he and Berlin, who also looked very solid, for the third spot.

One guy who didn't look solid to me was Boller. His MO hasn't changed. Great arm, but not a lot of consistency with accuracy or decision making. I'd almost be tempted to put him on the practice squad and give the roster spots to Berlin and Null.

LifeLongRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I agree with you on both counts.

Robinson looks rock solid to me. He's running great routes, getting separation and making impressive catches. He's a lock for the #2 slot IMO.

Null looks extremely poised out there, accurate too, although the INT at the end was not a good decision. It's probably going to be a tough decision between he and Berlin, who also looked very solid, for the third spot.

One guy who didn't look solid to me was Boller. His MO hasn't changed. Great arm, but not a lot of consistency with accuracy or decision making. I'd almost be tempted to put him on the practice squad and give the roster spots to Berlin and Null.
    couldn't agree more, especially with Boller being put on practice squad, I was embarassed watching him play.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

All Boller can do is pretty much scramble. I say let Berlin and Null battle it out for the second string qb spot, and the loser is the third string. These guys both have more upside than Boller.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Agreed. Robinson is going to do good things for us. I'm really excited!

Null looks good. I think we should make Boller the back up and have Null or Berlin start the next two games. It's only fair...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

diehard99 is offline Registered User

I'm ready to see what the two of them can do out there at the same time! Warner wouldn't of been the same without Holt and Bruce.