Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Rock Bottom?

mh-i is offline Registered User

Rock Bottom?

Today. To let a team the caliber of the Seahawks stroll into St. Louis and roll over is pathetic. The Rams offense is stagnent. All fingers point to Bradford as far as I'm concerned. The more I watch him the more I'm convinced that he's as one dimensional as Tim Tebow. The only pass Bradford can throw is for 5 yards or less. He can't make even intermediate throws. He also can't read defenses so that eliminates him checking off and so he throws to the same guy over and over. If Bradford can't lead this team maybe Feeley can. He deserves a shot as far as I'm concerned.
    RockinRam likes this.

Sammy Ocho Bradford is offline Registered User

Re: Rock Bottom?

We might be seeing the downside of "protecting" Bradford a season ago.

He's getting thrown into the fire in year 2, instead of year 1.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    Today. To let a team the caliber of the Seahawks stroll into St. Louis and roll over is pathetic. The Rams offense is stagnent. All fingers point to Bradford as far as I'm concerned. The more I watch him the more I'm convinced that he's as one dimensional as Tim Tebow. The only pass Bradford can throw is for 5 yards or less. He can't make even intermediate throws. He also can't read defenses so that eliminates him checking off and so he throws to the same guy over and over. If Bradford can't lead this team maybe Feeley can. He deserves a shot as far as I'm concerned.
    He's done so many things wrong today.

And please people, don't give me the BS excuses of a faulty o-line. Yes, he's been pressure today, but when he hasn't, he still makes bad decisions, bad throws, and executes bad awareness all around.
    RAMarkable likes this.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

To much of this is out of Sams control you guys throwing Sam under the bus really dont understand it.Ill keep this short,No offseason/new complex offense/no real playmakers except BL/Sam is getting no consistent pocket so its making him shell shocked.If all those get fixed which isnt his fault or responsibility then if he still plays bad ill consider it his fault.Until then get serious and stop putting it all on him learn how football works its a team sport 1 player doesnt win or lose anything.

Quote Originally Posted by 39WillRunYaOva View Post
    To much of this is out of Sams control you guys throwing Sam under the bus really dont understand it.Ill keep this short,No offseason/new complex offense/no real playmakers except BL/Sam is getting no consistent pocket so its making him shell shocked.If all those get fixed which isnt his fault or responsibility then if he still plays bad ill consider it his fault.Until then get serious and stop putting it all on him learn how football works its a team sport 1 player doesnt win or lose anything.
    Oh give me a break. The mistakes Bradford makes is mostly on him. There are other QBs around the league that have a below average o-line too and what do they do? They have good awareness, they step up or move around, and throw a receiver, without STARING anyone down.
    macrammer likes this.

swatter555 is offline Registered User

I really don't know what to think at this point. The defense is probably playing as well it can considering the injuries. I DVRed the game and have watched it through 2 1/2 quarters- the offense just sucks. Its no surprise that Jackson was shut down, but Bradford minus one throw played bad with pretty good pass protection thus far. Seattle had spark on both sides of the ball and by the second quarter it was pretty clear they would likely win.

I expected the Seahawks to win, so Im not surprised. Ive learned to set my expectations low and the Rams almost always live down to them. Bradford needs to show more progress or I can foresee lots of fan grumbling during the off season.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

B-ford has looked like crap all year plain and simple.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Sam did make some bad decisions and terrible throws today. Then again, the leaky offensive line sure didn't help. Until we have an offensive line that can protect worth a damn, the offense is screwed. Actually, the defense is screwed, too, as they end up on the field way more than they should be. The O-line has been an ongoing problem since the 2006 season. I bet Jackson would have probably 2000 yards more in his career if he had a decent line the past 5 seasons, plus this season.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

So its taken you guys 11 weeks to finally agree with me? Its about time somebody else realizes hes been playing horrible football.

Last year its "We dont got any weapons, give him time". We get Lloyd, Kendricks and 2 WR's. Now its "The offensive line this and that". Right..... Everytime he actually has time to throw, it turns out just as bad as when he has 2 defenders right in his face.

Tebow > Bradford

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    Sam did make some bad decisions and terrible throws today. Then again, the leaky offensive line sure didn't help. Until we have an offensive line that can protect worth a damn, the offense is screwed. Actually, the defense is screwed, too, as they end up on the field way more than they should be. The O-line has been an ongoing problem since the 2006 season. I bet Jackson would have probably 2000 yards more in his career if he had a decent line the past 5 seasons, plus this season.
    The offensive line was not that bad besides the Kevin Hughes vs. Chris Clemons match-up. Bradford did get pressured, but every NFL QB has to deal with pressures. If you're a great QB, you deal with them. And Bradford just can't do that.

bradwill is offline Registered User

Bradford looks like a rookie this year. He just locks-on and stares down one receiver every passing play and doesn't show much awareness of pocket pressure. I don't think the Rams drafted him 1st overall to throw 4 yarders and he's got to step up his game, regardless of "new system," "the OL" whatever.

The key is that when Bradford has time and a receiver open, he's not showing that he's the most accurate passer out there and he also can't seem to understand that the DL will stick their hands up in the air to block/deflect passes.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Yes, the O-line was bad today - just as they were last week - what game were you watching? The only game this year that the O-line played anywhere near decent was against the Saints. Maybe some of you are so accustomed to the terrible O-line play that you think what you saw today was good.

I am not saying that Bradford didn't play bad today, but it wasn't just Bradford that stalled the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    The offensive line was not that bad besides the Kevin Hughes vs. Chris Clemons match-up. Bradford did get pressured, but every NFL QB has to deal with pressures. If you're a great QB, you deal with them. And Bradford just can't do that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm a Bradford supporter, but he is not getting it done. The protection today was good enough, but Bradford did not take advantage. He locked onto receivers, missed throws, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn when rolling out, and looked generally lethargic. There were no excuses today.

I still think he can get his act together, but it's extremely frustrating to watch the offense bog down drive after drive, game after game. I'm officially worried.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

Dear Browns,

Can we have Thad back?
    live4ramin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    Yes, the O-line was bad today - just as they were last week - what game were you watching? The only game this year that the O-line played anywhere near decent was against the Saints. Maybe some of you are so accustomed to the terrible O-line play that you think what you saw today was good.

I am not saying that Bradford didn't play bad today, but it wasn't just Bradford that stalled the offense.
    Oh sorry, I guess I was watching the Bengals game, where the young QB actually does something, even with pressure. Cut that crap, of course I watched this game.

For the most part, Bradford had a reasonable pocket to work with. Most of the o-line failure was when Clemons blew by Hughes.

Now run blocking...that's a different argument.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast