throwback week

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: RockinRam's Post-Game Thoughts

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: RockinRam's Post-Game Thoughts

Take it with a grain of salt or don't take it at all.

This is the smartest thing I heard all day.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Take it with a grain of salt or don't take it at all.

This is the smartest thing I heard all day.
    BIG grain of salt.
    Rambos and Tampa_Ram like this.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    The preseason is a glorified practice with another team. Small playbook, basic schemes, etc. I t's a learning and evaluation experience only, used to grade and show the players what they need to do better. Take it with a grain of salt or don't take it at all. When the games count and they play like this then condemn them.
    Oh boy! I'll really try and do better. Thanks for cluing me in on what preseason is. I'm surprised that you are still an unemployed NFL head coach. I'm sure fisher was looking for better execution than what he witnessed out there. He definately did not look too happy and I seriously doubt he takes this all with a grain of salt when the team gets back to work. If he does, then he will join the unemployed ranks with you!

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Oh boy! I'll really try and do better. Thanks for cluing me in on what preseason is. I'm surprised that you are still an unemployed NFL head coach. I'm sure fisher was looking for better execution than what he witnessed out there. He definately did not look too happy and I seriously doubt he takes this all with a grain of salt when the team gets back to work. If he does, then he will join the unemployed ranks with you!
    lololol. WE need to take it with a grain of salt, not the HC. Like i said, its an evaluation. for who? the coaches!!!!
    You didnt seem to know what a preseason game was, you made it seem as if it was the end all of end all. Not my fault you're overly sensitive.
    Last edited by Tampa_Ram; -08-12-2012 at 07:20 PM.

josh3135 is offline Registered User

I'm happy we sucked today. It gives our veteran coaching staff a chance to sit down and evaluate what went wrong, and gives them time to work with players to FIX the issues that they had this game. If we see a marked improvement by the time the regular season starts, I don't care if the Rams never win another pre-season game again.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    lololol. WE need to take it with a grain of salt, not the HC. Like i said, its an evaluation. for who? the coaches!!!!
    You didnt seem to know what a preseason game was, you made it seem as if it was the end all of end all. Not my fault you're overly sensitive.
    Rather than apologize for the poor performance you could argue against what I took away from the game. I mean tell me I'm negative or blind or off base because you saw something different. But no, you'd rather ignore the sloppy play and poor execution and instead tell me what I need to do. Do you suppose most people post here just for your advice on what they need to do? I hate to disappoint, but after this, you are probably the last person posting here that I'd ever take advice from.

Funny that you call me overly sensitive. I work in an environment where thick skin is an absolute must and at the same time it's an absolute HR nightmare. Besides that, you are the one that reacted to what I posted in a sensitive manner. Certainly the NFL is not the be all of anything important in life, preseason or regular season. So in my mind it could not possibly be the end all of end all. Those thoughts only exist in your mind, since you inferred that I was on the verge of an end of the world meltdown.

macrammer is offline Registered User

I know it is a preseason game. I get what they are for. BUT....on the heels of the worst record on NFL history for past 5 years combined I for one would have liked to see a better effort today to help me believe we are no longer laughing stock of NFL. I did not need a win. I did not need dominance. I did not need to see TD after TD by our opponent though. Just something to hang my hat on and give me hope. I look forward to seeing next weeks version of resurrection RAMS 2012. This weeks was not so special.....

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Basically the consensus here is that no one cares about the overall score of the game. That is the last thing on everyone's minds.

The problem that some of us here have is how we LOOKED while playing in the game.

I could care less if we lost or won, but I was not happy to see our football team look sluggish, unprepared, and unimproved, especially playing a team that had the same record as us last year.

How well each individual player performs in the pre-season usually DOES transfer over to how well they play in the regular season.

For example: Jason Smith won't magically become the next Orlando Pace once the pre-season is over.

The fact of the matter is: we need to see improvement from the players. And if they play like this again next week, something is wrong.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Somewhat Off-topic, I think.

I turn on the TV not looking for anything in particular (my bad in that I should have checked the time, it was the ending of the newscast, the time for the Sports segment). 1st image: Highlight of the very first pass by Luck (as luck would have it of course), it goes all the way for a nice TD.

Rams once again make highlight material ... for the opponent.

Ha! Enjoy it while you can opponents! Here we come!!! We're coming to get you!

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Rather than apologize for the poor performance you could argue against what I took away from the game. I mean tell me I'm negative or blind or off base because you saw something different. But no, you'd rather ignore the sloppy play and poor execution and instead tell me what I need to do. Do you suppose most people post here just for your advice on what they need to do? I hate to disappoint, but after this, you are probably the last person posting here that I'd ever take advice from.

Funny that you call me overly sensitive. I work in an environment where thick skin is an absolute must and at the same time it's an absolute HR nightmare. Besides that, you are the one that reacted to what I posted in a sensitive manner. Certainly the NFL is not the be all of anything important in life, preseason or regular season. So in my mind it could not possibly be the end all of end all. Those thoughts only exist in your mind, since you inferred that I was on the verge of an end of the world meltdown.
    -We both know the rams played like complete trash, i never said you were wrong on that, your first post just made you look like your already thought the sky was falling. If you want to read into the first preseason game with such angst then thats your choice. I will take that game with a grain of salt though. Come regular season it will be much different.
    -I never told you what you need to do, just giving my opinion on what we should do. I could care less if you agree or take my advice. Thought this was a place to post opinions. You posted yours and i posted mine. Your taking all of this rather personal(it must be that thick skin of yours).
    Last edited by Tampa_Ram; -08-13-2012 at 10:28 AM.

richtree is offline Registered User

Just a side note....

If Jason Smith is gonna suck this year, I rather him suck right away. This wouldn't give us false hope and the coaching staff can decide who will fill the need.

I hope our scouting department is watching O-lineman around the league to see who we can grab for depth once pre-season is coming to an end.

Ill actually be concerned when Wells is back -- preseason game 1 and 2 are just practices
    HUbison likes this.

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

I see now why we have 4 preseason games.

Iron Lion4 Guest

I know you guys are heavy on listing negatives but I'm surprised no one is listing Austin Davis as one of the positives. I said it on another thread but it's worth saying again--the guy is good. Every play I saw from the guy looked good to great. He was hitting guys right on target. The last throw, the INT, it looked bad but if you look at the receiver it's clear that he was clueless. Never looked back for the ball even once. It literally looked like he thought he was covering a punt.

mh-i is offline Registered User

The worst team last year looked light years ahead ofthe 2nd worst. It is only pre season however those looking for the one year turn around into the post season got a sobering wake up call. Other than no injuries, which is huge, the game couldn't have gone worse.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lion4 View Post
    I know you guys are heavy on listing negatives but I'm surprised no one is listing Austin Davis as one of the positives. I said it on another thread but it's worth saying again--the guy is good. Every play I saw from the guy looked good to great. He was hitting guys right on target. The last throw, the INT, it looked bad but if you look at the receiver it's clear that he was clueless. Never looked back for the ball even once. It literally looked like he thought he was covering a punt.
    When 80 players on your team have a bad game, you tend to not focus on your #3 QB..

THE DREAM TEAM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast