Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: RockinRam's Post-Game Thoughts

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Re: RockinRam's Post-Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    -I never told you what you need to do, just giving my opinion on what we should do. Your taking all of this rather personal(it must be that thick skin of yours).
    You quote my post and then proceed to give me a condescending definition of preseason and tell me how to take things? I hate to tell you dude, but that is you making it personal. So yeah, if you make something personal then I'm going to take it as personal. Thick skinned does not mean I let people step on me unchecked. Tell you what, I'll post your quotes and you can check yourself. But I'll tell you right now, I don't see any should's in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram
    Take it with a grain of salt or don't take it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram
    WE need to take it with a grain of salt

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Wow guys, take a moment to relax and take a deep breath. We're all in it for the long haul. Nobody said being a Rams fan was easy. If it was, eveyone would be a fan of this team. But let's chill a bit and remember that this was just a preseason game and we have three more to settle into things. If they continue to play like they did on Sunday, by all means.

Have at it.
    HUbison, Rambos, lostsoul and 2 others like this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Wow guys, take a moment to relax and take a deep breath. We're all in it for the long haul. Nobody said being a Rams fan was easy. If it was, eveyone would be a fan of this team. But let's chill a bit and remember that this was just a preseason game and we have three more to settle into things. If they continue to play like they did on Sunday, by all means.

Have at it.
    We ran a DRAW on a 3rd and 13...... I'm having Shurmur nightmares. I mean its preseason, let Bradford take some chances and get comfortable while it doesn't matter.

THE DREAM TEAM

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    We ran a DRAW on a 3rd and 13...... I'm having Shurmur nightmares. I mean its preseason, let Bradford take some chances and get comfortable while it doesn't matter.
    I see your point, and would have liked to see some more downfield throws as well.

But if Bradford was getting pressured and hit even on short drops for high percentage routes, then I can see why the coaching staff would want to play it safe on a 3rd and 13 rather than let him take a deep drop and wait for longer routes behind a shaky line.

If Sam got nailed by a defender and hurt, preseason or not, that outcome certainly would matter. Hopefully the staff can coach up the line and give them some more help in pass pro so we can see some of those intermediate and deep routes more regularly. But until then, it's probably going to look like Shurmur's offense a decent amount of the time.
    Rambos likes this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Wow. There's enough chips on shoulders around here to stock a Frito's warehouse.

Yea, they got beat in a scrimmage. One in which Fisher did not want anything more than vanilla schemes. One in which Pagano treated as a regular season opener. And oh yea, by the way.......we're not a good team. That's not really a shock to anyone, is it? A new coach and 1 offseason does not turn around a 15-65 team in 1 preseason game.

Guys, we may only win 2,3,4, maybe 5 games. That means we're going to lose 11,12,13, maybe 14 games. There's going to be a whole lot of freaking out to do. We've got to pace ourselves. We can't blow our entire freak-out stash on one pre-season game.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Another positive: Fisher didn't assume the fetal position as the game progressed, unlike Spags.

Spoiler alert: (negitive) I think we saw him realize it's going to be a really long season.
    I'm the guy that walks up after the argument's started.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post

As far as letting Bradford get comfortable, not sure in practice, scrimmage and or a real game Bradford or any QB could get comfortable behind this line. As you stated last week Richardson is a scrub. Not sure I to see Sam take more the a three step drop behind these guys ever! Heck I wish on third down we could bring in Tebow to run the wild cat.. JK. Until I see some talent up front Bradford and the Rams will have to play it safe IMO.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123