Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Rodger Saffold

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Rodger Saffold

With the news of Jake Long signing with us I'm pretty worried Saffold might throw a temper tantrum which I'm not to thrilled about if that's the case? Do you think we would actually trade him like a Titus Young type of thing? Ya I know this might be a bit pre-mature but anyone else thinking along the same lines? And if so what is he worth a 2nd? a third?

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Jeff Fisher already said that he spoke with Saffold and he confirmed is okay with the move.

That said, if Joekel, Fisher or Fluker is there at #16, trading Saffold could be an option.
    ZiaRam likes this.

Re: Rodger Saffold

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Jeff Fisher already said that he spoke with Saffold and he confirmed is okay with the move.

That said, if Joekel, Fisher or Fluker is there at #16, trading Saffold could be an option.
    Ohh wow Ok I hadn't read or heard that. Wow, let me tell you Jeff Fisher is a more than just a Coach and I'm getting more and more impressed with him as days go by. Think I'm going to start growing out a Stashe to! lol

SportsDude is offline Registered User

Fluker will be there at #22...

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    Also, craig dahl still sucks.

FestusRam is online now Registered User

In my opinion, I think Saffold moving to right tackle wont hurt his chances of making left tackle money if he hits free agency at the end of the season.

Hes already proven that, if healthy, he can be a solid left tackle. If he performs at right tackle, that just improves his versatility. If he is healthy and underperforms at right tackle, teams will still understand his past performance on the left side. For his sake, he just needs to stay healthy these year no matter what side he plays on if he wants to cash in.
    Last edited by FestusRam; -03-18-2013 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsDude

Fluker will be there at #22...
    Really? That's great! Now can you tell me what next week's lottery numbers will be?

MrLegend28 is offline Registered User

if this guy is complaining cause he wants LT money, hes obviously not thinking of the Rams in his future and more himself.. Dont want a dude like that on my team especially since he cant even stay healthy to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLegend28
    if this guy is complaining cause he wants LT money, hes obviously not thinking of the Rams in his future and more himself.. Dont want a dude like that on my team especially since he cant even stay healthy to begin with.
    Why go there? Saffold has not said a word.

Really? That's great! Now can you tell me what next week's lottery numbers will be?
    When you talk about your projections its because you know everything but I tell you that you're wrong and I need to go buy a lottery ticket.

Fluker is going to be there at #22 because he isn't that good. The only thing that will change that is if the Bengals dont resign Andre Brown. They are the only team between #16 and #22 that need a RT (Steelers, Cowboys, Giants, Bears). So If he's available at #16 he will be available at #22.

When you talk about your projections its because you know everything but I tell you that you're wrong and I need to go buy a lottery ticket.

Fluker is going to be there at #22 because he isn't that good. The only thing that will change that is if the Bengals dont resign Andre Brown. They are the only team between #16 and #22 that need a RT (Steelers, Cowboys, Giants, Bears). So If he's available at #16 he will be available at #22.
    I don't know when Fluker will be taken, but guess what... neither do you. He is, however, the best pure RT in the draft, in my opinion, so I think he's worth considering at #16. The Rams are apparently intrigued as well, as they have scheduled a visit with Fluker.

If we draft Fluker at all we should draft him at #22. Why draft a 3rd tackle at #16 when we can improve a position of need at WR or S?

Fastcat is offline Registered User
    Saffold isnt going anywhere. What leverage does he have? He has 1 yr left on a 900k contract. If he goes next year it wont be becuase the rams dont want him, unless he stays hurt throughout the season. What is he gonna do, hold out? Lol, besides the point his agent is the one that but it out there he would want to be traded if Long is signed, some of you need to take a business class or 2.

Oh btw, Long just got paid probably his last big contract, so do you think he cares if he plays LT or RT? I doubt it
    Last edited by Fastcat; -03-18-2013 at 02:14 AM.

If we draft Fluker at all we should draft him at #22. Why draft a 3rd tackle at #16 when we can improve a position of need at WR or S?
    If Fluker is regarded as the BPA at 16, the Rams should take him. I'll be posting my updated draft board tomorrow. That will give you a better idea of where I see Fluker ranked among the other prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    besides the point his agent is the one that but it out there he would want to be traded if Long is signed, some of you need to take a business class or 2.
    *gasp* a business class or two? Zomg is that like with books and stuff? Your right agents just act on their own without ever checking in with their client beforehand.

Ram Dragoon is online now Registered User

Am sure Fisher and Ram's FO know more then we all do...if this all errupts into a public relations fight with dirty laundry entering into the public spotlight, no one wins. However I don't see any sorta thing like that happening. Saffold hasn't made a name for himself to get that much interest else where, and this years crop of players in the draft make it ill-advised for Saffold to wanta go anywhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast