Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MauiRam

Thread: Rodger Saffold Interview: Wants To Do Best For the Team –Video

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Rodger Saffold Interview: Wants To Do Best For the Team –Video

Rodger believes the O-line will be great this year ..

Rodger Saffold Interview: Wants To Do Best For the Team --Video-
    Last edited by HUbison; -05-11-2013 at 03:41 PM.
    r8rh8rmike likes this.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Rodger Saffold Interview: Wants To Do Best For the Team –Video

I'm not sure what Saffold wants for his future, but when he said he'll play wherever he's needed and that he wants what's best for the team, I believe him. Who knows, maybe after playing RT and having everything on the line click, he'll accept that role and choose to stay with the Rams.

Nice post Maui.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Rodger Saffold Interview: Wants To Do Best For the Team –Video

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I'm not sure what Saffold wants for his future, but when he said he'll play wherever he's needed and that he wants what's best for the team, I believe him. Who knows, maybe after playing RT and having everything on the line click, he'll accept that role and choose to stay with the Rams.
    You know Mike, I believe him too. Right now he probably couldn't accurately predict what his feelings will be at the end of this season regarding where he'll be playing in 2014. That said -what if the Rams make a monumental jump in 2013? What player doesn't hope to play in a Superbowl?

In view of the disappointments the Rams have meted out over the last decade, I've been drinking less and less koolaid the last couple of years. This year however, I am thinking about pouring myself a nice tall glass. There is a chance that our draft this year could even be better than last year's. Throw in Jake Long, and Jared Cook and we possibly have the makings of a perfect storm - not just for NFC West opponents, but everyone we play.

To be an integral part of a huge turnaround from a perennial loser to a winner, a playoff contender is not something to sniff at. If Rodger plays really well and locks down the RT spot, I don't doubt the Rams would attempt to reward him. The camaraderie engendered during the ascension of this young team may be the tipping point for Rodger. Whatever happens, I am glad he is ready and willing to give his all this year at RT. Winning is a great cure-all, and I am beginning to feel there might be a lot of "curing" happening all the way around.

I wonder what the final tally will be for opposing Ds throwing 8 in the box against us this year as opposed to last year's total, and the year before? We are really going to be an improved team this year - we just need to stay reasonably healthy. Who can forget 1999? I like our chances in 2013 ..