Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Roger Goodell speaks at a news conference about Rams owner Stan Kroenke & Dodgers

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Roger Goodell speaks at a news conference about Rams owner Stan Kroenke & Dodgers

I posted this not to piss anyone off or say here's another reason they are moving back to LA. My concern is if Kroenke gets the Dodgers he]s forced choose the Dodgers over the Rams.

We finally have an owner that has come in and taken swift actions that are putting the Rams organization first, he clearly wants to win, IMO past owner would have paid a head coach salary like Fisher.

I would be pissed if he had a flunky come in and run the Rams so he could owner the Dodgers. That's my concern. I'm a Dodger fan but it's not close to where my passion is, that will always be with the Rams. I think it's strange that he did not get this approved with the NFL before he made the offer to buy the Dodgers...

Truth is offline Registered User

Re: Roger Goodell speaks at a news conference about Rams owner Stan Kroenke & Dodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I posted this not to piss anyone off or say here's another reason they are moving back to LA. My concern is if Kroenke gets the Dodgers he]s forced choose the Dodgers over the Rams.

We finally have an owner that has come in and taken swift actions that are putting the Rams organization first, he clearly wants to win, IMO past owner would have paid a head coach salary like Fisher.

I would be pissed if he had a flunky come in and run the Rams so he could owner the Dodgers. That's my concern. I'm a Dodger fan but it's not close to where my passion is, that will always be with the Rams. I think it's strange that he did not get this approved with the NFL before he made the offer to buy the Dodgers...
    I agree with everything here. However, at this time, the NFL can't really say anything. There is no team headed to LA, so it's not an NFL city. I think it's probably a long shot for Stan's hopes of owning the Dodgers. If he does win the bid, I think something will be worked out. If Stan had to transfer ownership of a team, it would be to his son Josh. Josh makes all the ownership calls on the Denver teams now (wink wink). So, I wouldn't be too concerned.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    I could be wrong, but I believe that the vote is on whether or not the three remaining bidders are acceptable to the owners. They could vote out 1, 2, or pass all of them. Then there is a last round of bidding, and McCourt will pick the winner.

On a side note. Having been born and raised in LA, I am a Dodgers fan. The thing that appeals to me about Stan being the owner of the Dodgers, is that he is building/has built a sports empire. He wants good teams, and he'll do what he needs to make his empire the best. This is as important to him as his real estate, maybe more so. It seems to me (again, I could be off target) that the other bidders are buying a "toy", something to amuse them. Something to show off to their buddies. Even if Magic's group wins, he'll only own a small portion of the team. The rest will be investors. I want a real owner for my favorite team. Whether the Rams stay in STL or move to LA isn't the point for me. But, like the Rams, I want the Dodgers to return to the glory days. I want them to be the proud organization they once were. For that reason, and that reason alone, I hope Stan gets the team. All the other stuff will work itself out.
    Here, here, brother- on all counts. The Rams and the Dodgers were both EXCELLENT when I was a kid. Hard to believe the Dodgers haven't been back to a World Series since 1988- a disgrace. And the Rams- aside from 4 wonderful years at the end of the 90's-early 00's- have been a pathetic shell of what they once were. It's high time these two proud franchises return to glory and prominence. And Stan is as good a bet an anyone to get this thing going again.
    Truth likes this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post

I fully understand your concern, Rambos, and I too like the Dodgers but have a PASSION for the Rams. I'm confident, however, that Stan is in this thing for the long haul and would not have entertained this venture if he knew for one minute he'd have to give up controlling interest of the Rams. I'm sure he's vetted the process- just as he did when he took controlling interest of the Rams, despite owning franchises in Denver.

Truth is offline Registered User

Not to worry Rambos, Stan didn't win the bid. Magic Johnson's group bought the team for $2 Billion.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Not to worry Rambos, Stan didn't win the bid. Magic Johnson's group bought the team for $2 Billion.
    That puts that to bed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12