Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Bartell

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Ron Bartell

Give me 10 more like him on defense and can the rest.

This guy has heart and he is very, very, FAST !!

Nice find Armey, don't care what Martz says about you....

:up:

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Ron Bartell

Why in the name of all that is holy were our corners playing 10 yards off the ball ALL day? We were begging the short slants, and they were obliging. I wanted to throw my TV out the window watching Bartell/Ivy/Groce/whoever was healthy enough to suit up...playing so far off the line. I swear it's like this defense schemes to lose.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel is online now Registered User

I dont like the scheme either, but we couldnt get any pressure at all with the front four against a lousy offensive line and didnt shut down the run against the worst running team in the nfl. that is execution and lousy play. I think the scheme explains some of it, but not the missed tackles, the dropped ints and the failure of the defensive line to get pressure on warner. Little didnt do squat pass rush wise yesterday.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RamWraith is offline Registered User

The reason the corners are playing 10 yards off the ball is the same reason we drop back out best passer rusher (Little) into coverage. Pure and utter incompetence by Marmie.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

This is all about Marmie's schemes. Doesn't it remind you of when we used to play the "tards" a few years ago???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Ya I agree. We could have easly let that guy take the kick back all the way but did you see Bartell! HE is a fast man! He came all the way across the field and was in full sprint while the KR was also. Just amazing!
    RamsFan16

rampete is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Why in the name of all that is holy were our corners playing 10 yards off the ball ALL day? ...
    the way i see it, when the front four can't put any semblance of a pass pressure on the opposing qb, DCs are reluctant to play DBs in tight coverage because the fade and fly posts will be open without fail when the qb has time...

which brings up another issue, where o where arts thou dear pass rush...? our DTs couldn't even pressure warner, a classic pocket zombie...

Quote Originally Posted by rampete
    the way i see it, when the front four can't put any semblance of a pass pressure on the opposing qb, DCs are reluctant to play DBs in tight coverage because the fade and fly posts will be open without fail when the qb has time...

which brings up another issue, where o where arts thou dear pass rush...? our DTs couldn't even pressure warner, a classic pocket zombie...
    We have a "chicken & the egg" scenario then........because when the coverage gives the opposing QB short slants, he doesn't need time. Our D-line would have had to line-up next to Warner to get to him before he hit the slant route. No pass rush in the world could have got to him.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by rampete
    I'll tell you what... Ron Bartell and Chris Johnson are both fast enough to make up ground on almost any WR in the league - particularly the Cards WRs who are big and talented, but not the fastest around. I'd rather see them in more press coverage and allow them to make up ground on the occasional long ball than constantly allow 10 yard slants to go unchallenged.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    I'd rather see them in more press coverage and allow them to make up ground on the occasional long ball than constantly allow 10 yard slants to go unchallenged.
    Plus, if your corners are playing man, you leave a safety or two back there playing zone, and the corners should have some help even if they get beaten badly. Even if you blitz a safety or a LB, you could still have one of them playing center field should someone get burned.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Three
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

They need to get Atogwe and Carter in more and more!.....You need to see what these kids will bring so that the club will know what and who they need to draft!

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Plus, if your corners are playing man, you leave a safety or two back there playing zone, and the corners should have some help even if they get beaten badly. Even if you blitz a safety or a LB, you could still have one of them playing center field should someone get burned.
    I don't see why we're not doing this anyway. I mean, this is cover-2 in its purest form.......corners in press man, and safeties in deep zone. Why have we gotten away from this?

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Apparently, Marmie believes in the "Cover Nobody" scheme.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Ya I agree. We could have easly let that guy take the kick back all the way but did you see Bartell! HE is a fast man! He came all the way across the field and was in full sprint while the KR was also. Just amazing!
    I agree, it was amazing. The kid has heart. A lot of players would have given up or made a half-hearted attempt at catching the kick return man. Bartell kicked it into another gear. Damn he is blazing fast.

corners in press man, and safeties in deep zone. Why have we gotten away from this?
    I don't recall the Rams using a lot of press coverage in the recent past. I would like to see more of it, if we had the corners to execute it properly. I think with Bartell and Butler it would be feasible. Martz talked about doing it before the season started, but he indicated he would also like to have some pressure with the front four to go along with it. And of course Butler went down before the season and the front four has not been getting the needed pressure.

I don't recall the Rams using a lot of press coverage in the recent past.
    Exactly! That is a key component of the cover-2. Why haven't we used it? Is this what was meant by Marmie's "pretty much like cover-2" description.......cause if so, it sucks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast