tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Ron Bartell fractured his neck in two places?

That's what TurfShowTimes have posted on Twitter during Spags' current press conference. Can anyone confirm?

Also looks like Bradford will be ok but that Jackson will miss the Giants game

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Ron Bartell fractured his neck in two places?

This is horrible news. Bartell was the key cog to this defense. I really feel bad and hope he in recover quickly.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

I horrible day yesterday, just got a whole lot worse. This is football and these things happen. I thought it was going too well. Now our secondary could be even worse than it was yesterday. I have know idea what the Rams are going to do, maybe Al Harris.?

Craig Dahl needs to be kept out of the starting line up in the secondary, I know that! He wouldnt be a back up on most teams, so why is he starting on defense.? Is it because he is a hard worker and an all around great guy.? Spags and his obsession with overachievers just isnt getting it done.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    I horrible day yesterday, just got a whole lot worse. This is football and these things happen. I thought it was going too well. Now our secondary could be even worse than it was yesterday. I have know idea what the Rams are going to do, maybe Al Harris.?

Craig Dahl needs to be kept out of the starting line up in the secondary, I know that! He wouldnt be a back up on most teams, so why is he starting on defense.? Is it because he is a hard worker and an all around great guy.? Spags and his obsession with overachievers just isnt getting it done.
    Actually the DB's weren't that bad yesterday in pass defense, it was in run support that was more of an issue. I hate to say this since I've known thus guy for a while, but it is possibly time for him to hang it up due to injury. Time to check the waiver wife and put him on IR.

eldfan is offline Registered User

. .Home / Sports / Football / Rams / Rams Report

Neck fractures could end Bartell's season
    Share | .StoryDiscussionNeck fractures could end Bartell's season
    By BILL COATS STLtoday.com | Posted: Monday, September 12, 2011 2:42 pm

In the good news department, the injury to quarterback Sam Bradford's right index finger has been diagnosed as a bruise. Coach Steve Spagnuolo called it a day-to-day situation and indicated that it was possible that Bradford could practice Wednesday. "We are talking about his throwing hand," Spagnuolo said. "We'll just see as we go."

The bad news concerned cornerback Ron Bartell. His injury initially was thought to be a stinger, but a CT scan and an MRI on Sunday night revealed two fractures high in Bartell's neck. The severity still is being determined, but it could be a season-ending injury.

Running back Steven Jackson has a strained thigh muscle and probably will miss next Monday night's game against the Giants. After that, Spagnuolo said, it'll be a week-to-week evaluation.

Wide receiver Danny Amendola was getting an MRI on his dislocated left elbow this afternoon. The results are not in yet. Spagnuolo said trainer Reggie Scott doesn't believe that Amendola will need surgery, although the MRI could change that. "They're trying to do a little bit more research on it," Spagnuolo said.

Other injuries:

*Cornerback Bradley Fletcher has a sprained toe and is day-to-day.

*Defensive end C.J. Ah You has a wrist injury that might be able to be braced to allow him to play.

*Tackle Jason Smith's ankle injury, at first feared to be a high-ankle sprain, is "more of a normal" sprain, Spagnuolo said. Smith is day-to-day.

*Tackle Rodger Saffold was kicked in the lower leg and also is day-to-day.

*Tight end Michael Hoomanawanui, who has been out with a calf injury, is expected to return to practice this week at least on a limited basis.
    :ramlogo:

ramsfan1957 is offline Registered User

What do you mean hang it up due to injuries? This is the first serious injury in his career. This type of injury is not career ending, it's simply season ending. He'll be back next year and hopefully better than ever. If you're really a friend of his I'd hate to meet his enemies!!

Fastcat is offline Registered User

Bartell isnt a game changer he's just serviceable. I wish him the best but i wouldnt loss any sleep over him. I wouldnt be suprised if he isnt here next season unless we do address the cb position in the off season

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

gutting about Bartell..hopefully it`s not as bad as it sounds. if Fletch misses the Giants game too we gonna have to Blitz almost every play and hope for the best.
    i hope to see Quinn suit up against the Giants to help with that,even if Ah You ends up being capable of playing.

fingers crossed for Danny.

good news on the OT front..seeing as those are the only two OT`s we`ve got really.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsfan1957 View Post
    What do you mean hang it up due to injuries? This is the first serious injury in his career. This type of injury is not career ending, it's simply season ending. He'll be back next year and hopefully better than ever. If you're really a friend of his I'd hate to meet his enemies!!
    LOL, its actually because I care that I said this. He's had several injuries in the past few years, they are mounting and intensifying and I don't want to see him broken up like many players after they retire. He's a smart guy and has other opportunities he can explore outside of football.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    Bartell isnt a game changer he's just serviceable. I wish him the best but i wouldnt loss any sleep over him. I wouldnt be suprised if he isnt here next season unless we do address the cb position in the off season
    Even if that's your opinion, we currently don't have anyone else on the roster "serviceable" enough to come in and start

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

It's confirmed Batell is lost for the season, let's give a call to Primetime! haha
    but for reals though King looked pretty decent Sunday. We need like a guy or two off the waiver wire and bring up that one CB that we have on PS. He looked very good in pre-season against #2,3,4 WR's. Can't remember his name and where he really impressed me was run support putting some hits on peeps.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

By Howard Balzer
    Rams cornerback Ron Bartell will miss the remainder of the season, the result of the fractured neck he suffered Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles. Bartell told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch the C7 bone in his lower neck has two fractures.
    Bartell told the paper, "There's absolutely no way I could come back and play this year. It takes time just for the bone to heal."
    But there is some good news. While there was the potential of the injury being a career-ender, Bartell said he fully plans to play again.
    "The good news is, it's not displaced," he said. "Because usually when you have displacement, you're talking about surgery; you're talking about spinal cord issues and everything. So it's stable. It's an injury that can heal over time. And everything I'm hearing; it doesn't prevent me from playing in the future. I'm fully prepared to play again. I'm approaching it as such that I will play again."
    According to cornerback, Justin King, the injury occurred in the fourth quarter when Bartell was trying to tackle Eagles running back Ronnie Brown. A Philadelphia offensive lineman went into a dive in an attempt to block Bartell and hit him on the top of the head.
    Said King, "It didn't look right. It's very unfortunate; it's one of the cruel realities of the game. One play and your season can be over."

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    gutting about Bartell..hopefully it`s not as bad as it sounds. if Fletch misses the Giants game too we gonna have to Blitz almost every play and hope for the best.
    Can you imagine being Fletcher sitting out the game next to Bartell:
    "Hey, man, sorry to hear about your broken neck and all. My sprained toe is killing me, too."