RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Ron Bartell v. Randy Moss - Ding Ding Ding!

This could very well be a defining moment for Ron. He is simply going to elevate his game to a new level this week, or he will take a step or two back. I really don't see an in-between on this ...

I love Bartell, and I think he is coming through here. We might finally have that special corner on the edge that we need ...

I think we'll know this Sunday ...

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Ron Bartell v. Randy Moss - Ding Ding Ding!

It's going to be fun to watch. Keep an eye out. He shut down Owens. I hope he does the same thing to Moss.

THoltDaBest81 is offline Registered User

Yea and plus, Moss isn't as good with Cassell at QB. He had a good game Monday, but I doubt he does any damage to us Sunday.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

LeVoir @ RT instead of Kaczur helps Bartell's chances.

Storm the Cassel & the big guns like Moss will be reduced to noisemakers.

Patsy cakes; it's what's for brunch.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Dr. Z from SI remembers saying when Moss was a rookie that he would be bumped "out of the league", meaning that in college it was evident that if you bumped Moss at the line of scrimmage, his play would be over. Now, he was much bigger than the corners he faced in college, so it didn't happen much, but in the NFL, especially against a corner/safety hybrid like Bartell, there's a good chance that he can get stuffed at the line and be shut down.

Make Belichick adjust and make Moss get open, don't ever let him get a free release and we might be able to shut him down like we did Owens last week.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Although Randy Moss is a big time threat which the Pats take advantage of because of Randy's height (6' 4") especially in the redzone. I'm more concerned about the underneath stuff to Welker and Kevin Faulk. We need to make our tackles, period.

Our secondary has been playing much better recently which is a product of our front seven getting alot of pressure on the opposing QB. Pressure on Matt Cassel is the key in my mind. He doesn't handle pressure well and it forces him to take his eyes off of Moss. We'll probably see alot of dump passes in this game.

Our secondary:
    Bartell 6' 1"
    Atogwe 5' 11"
    Chavous 6' 1"
    Brown 5' 11"

I LIKE OUR CHANCES!

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    This could very well be a defining moment for Ron. He is simply going to elevate his game to a new level this week, or he will take a step or two back. I really don't see an in-between on this ...

I love Bartell, and I think he is coming through here. We might finally have that special corner on the edge that we need ...

I think we'll know this Sunday ...
    Come on buddy, if Bartell gets owned by Moss, it's not because he "took a step back". This is Ron Bartell, it's not Champ Bailey. Bartell would be one of the hundreds(?) of cornerbacks who have been on the wrong end of a battle against this guy. I'm not ready to call this guy a bust if he gives up 100+ and 2 tds.

I love this guy but he is still very young. I don't buy into this defining moment crap. Next week, another game, another receiver. I think you've seen too many sports movies.
    Last edited by RAM-BO; -10-24-2008 at 12:08 PM.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAM-BO View Post
    Come on buddy, if Bartell gets owned by Moss, it's not because he "took a step back". This is Ron Bartell, it's not Champ Bailey. Bartell would be one of the hundreds(?) of cornerbacks who have been on the wrong end of a battle against this guy. I'm not ready to call this guy a bust if he gives up 100+ and 2 tds.

I love this guy but he is still very young. I don't buy into this defining moment crap. Next week, another game, another receiver. I think you've seen too many sports movies.
    Having a bad day, because you seem a tad angry. Or is this actually Ron Bartell? If so, I'm sorry dude ...

Nobody said Bartell would be a "bust" if he doesn't perform against Moss. All I was indicating was this could be a crucial time in his development. Every single player in this league has a stretch of games that helps him take it to the next level, and this could very well be that stretch for Ron. He has performed well against a good group of receivers in the past few weeks, and it has done wonders for his confidence. Performing just as well against Moss, could boost his confidence to unseen levels. You should very well know, that this team is playing with great confidence right now ...

Look at Tye Hill. His confidence took a beating and he cannot cover anyone ...

"Seen too many sports movies?" I don't even know what this is supposed to mean. It's really not relevant to anything. Anybody who has played sports can probably point to a few key moments in his/her career that really defined the player they became ...

Moss is the only really dominant weapon that Pats have. If Bartell can take him out of this game, it will be much, much easier to win ...

Fact is, for the Rams, this is a PRIMETIME game, and it is extremely important to get a win here. Sitting at 3-4, especially if the Cards lose, puts us right back in the race. A loss to the Pats, coupled with a Cards win, would make it quite difficult to get back into the race ...

Think what you want, but a good performance by Bartell is critical to a victory here, and whether he can step up to the plate in games like these, against HOF caliber wideouts, will go a long way to determining whether is going to be a solid corner, or a very good to great corner, for the rest of his career ...
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -10-24-2008 at 12:26 PM.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Last week, didn't Craft roll over to assist Bartell with Owens frequently?

I see it this way. Bartell gets up on Moss early and starts banging on him hard. Moss gets po'd and digs a second effort. Bartell bangs on him even more and the defense pressures AND gets to Cassell. Moss gives up. But Bartell & company have to keep him quite through say 1 1/2 quarters for this to happen.

I have a feeling about Moss' head. Bartell can do this.
    Semper Fi!

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Having a bad day, because you seem a tad angry. Or is this actually Ron Bartell? If so, I'm sorry dude ...

Nobody said Bartell would be a "bust" if he doesn't perform against Moss. All I was indicating was this could be a crucial time in his development. Every single player in this league has a stretch of games that helps him take it to the next level, and this could very well be that stretch for Ron. He has performed well against a good group of receivers in the past few weeks, and it has done wonders for his confidence. Performing just as well against Moss, could boost his confidence to unseen levels. You should very well know, that this team is playing with great confidence right now ...

Look at Tye Hill. His confidence took a beating and he cannot cover anyone ...

"Seen too many sports movies?" I don't even know what this is supposed to mean. It's really not relevant to anything. Anybody who has played sports can probably point to a few key moments in his/her career that really defined the player they became ...

Moss is the only really dominant weapon that Pats have. If Bartell can take him out of this game, it will be much, much easier to win ...

Fact is, for the Rams, this is a PRIMETIME game, and it is extremely important to get a win here. Sitting at 3-4, especially if the Cards lose, puts us right back in the race. A loss to the Pats, coupled with a Cards win, would make it quite difficult to get back into the race ...

Think what you want, but a good performance by Bartell is critical to a victory here, and whether he can step up to the plate in games like these, against HOF caliber wideouts, will go a long way to determining whether is going to be a solid corner, or a very good to great corner, for the rest of his career ...
    I agree that for us to win Bartell needs to shut down Moss. Is not shutting down Moss going to make me think any less of Bartell, or him thinking any less of himself? Of course not. If he gets schooled by Moss he still can be (and my opinion is) on his way to being a great corner in this league. I'm probably nitpicking and arguing semantics, but I got nothing better to do right now

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

if Ron chucks him hard at the line, and gets into Moss's head then maybe he's got a chance. But Randy's probably seen everything from every corner in the league and its gonna be hard to take him off of his game. We're definitely gonna have to do something different like force him to go inside. Easier said then done but Randy hates going inside under coverage. This is where we can rough him up and lay the big licks on his ass. But if we don't pressure up front and take away the deep threat, Randy will be roaming free for the deep ball all day long. Even if we take care of Moss we still have to deal with Welker who's got a knack of keeping broken drives alive.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

i think doubting Randy Moss will do any damage on Sunday would be a very big mistake...