Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

Ron Bartell or Will allen of the Dolphins?

First of all, what would you guys rate Ron Bartell in Madden? I am in a little argument with my bro, who is a phins fan, and he also thinks that will allen is better than Ron Bartell. With all bias put aside, who is better Bartell or Allen?

AtlantaRamFan is online now Registered User

Re: Ron Bartell or Will allen of the Dolphins?

I'm not sure where it is, but at one point when they were talking about Bartell's breakout year, there were the rankings of QB rating against each CB, and I believe Bartell was #7 out of everyone (but I could be wrong). I do know it was very good though. I'd take Bartell over Allen hands down until I see something that suggests Allen has played better.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

I remember Will Allen when he was on the Giants. I never thought he was good in New York and a big reason for the Giant's improvement over the last few seasons has been because their cornerback play has been greatly improved. Will Allen is terrible at making plays on the ball. He doesn't get interceptions and will get pass interference calls against him because he won't look back for the ball in coverage. He also gets burned on deep passes often.

Bartell is an up and coming player and can beat Larry Fitzgerald in a jump ball which not many corners in the league can do and Will Allen certainly can't do. The stats don't lie either with Bartell and he'll probably keep on improving. Bartell is the easy choice.

Keenum is offline Registered User

I would have to see a lot more on Will Allen before I could begin to choose. However, I also remember him playing for the Giants at one point, and can't remember him ever really standing out.
    Bartell has been on the verge of breaking out for the past few years, and has been getting better and better.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Yeah, I got the impression that the Giants were not overly impressed with Allen, as they let him go in favor of signing the older Sam Madison who had been released by the Dolphins. I gather that the fans had the same criticism of Allen that we had of Travis Fisher--usually in the right position but couldn't play the ball. But personally I haven't seen him play much.