View Poll Results: Which rookie do you want to see used more in Week 2?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Isiah Pead

2 4.17%
  • Chris Givens

10 20.83%
  • Brian Quick

19 39.58%
  • Daryl Richardson

17 35.42%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Which rookie would you like to see more of in Week 2?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Which rookie would you like to see more of in Week 2?

Whichever one is ready to step up.
    Rambos and Agrajag like this.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    I guess Austin Davis is not an acceptable alternative. He's a rookie but he's not on the list. However, I'll write him in just for the heck of it. I'm not saying that he should start, but perhaps he's kind of like Tebow to Sanchez, insofar as he could be a compliment in certatain situations. In some ways, I think that NFL teams get married to a single player (especially QBs) even though like the NBA they could substitue freely in certain situations if for no other reason just to give the opposition a different look and to give the starter a rest etc. The NFL does it with WRs and with RBs so why not do it with QBs. 'Discuss among yourselves,' as they said on SNL.
    I am curious as to your rationale as well. You questioned the Quick selection because he didn't play week one, and suggested that it was a bad choice based purely on that, and now you seem to be suggesting that Sam Bradford needs to be replaced after a game where he posted a 100+ passer rating with 2/5 of his offensive line leaving the game and the running game doing nothing to help.

Do you think the team needs to be blown up again? I am confused by your posts and what you are getting at.

Edit: I shouldn't say replaced, but that he needs help at the QB position, and I don't see why at this point.

I voted Quick simply because we didn't see him game 1. Givens will get his time when the Rams want to stretch the field, and Pead and Richardson both saw some carries, although I am of the opinion that you don't hand Richardson 50% of Jackson's duties because he had two good runs (Jackson had some fine runs as well).

Quick however didn't play at all. I think sitting him the first game was the right choice, but soon it will be time to start mixing him in to the fold and getting him up to speed on how to play in a real NFL game.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    I voted Quick simply because we didn't see him game 1. Givens will get his time when the Rams want to stretch the field, and Pead and Richardson both saw some carries, although I am of the opinion that you don't hand Richardson 50% of Jackson's duties because he had two good runs (Jackson had some fine runs as well).

Quick however didn't play at all. I think sitting him the first game was the right choice, but soon it will be time to start mixing him in to the fold and getting him up to speed on how to play in a real NFL game.
    Pead had no carries, he did have one KR for 25 yards though. Quick did play one play, he was on the field for last play of the game. I agree with 50% is too much, SJ is the bell cow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Pead had no carries, he did have one KR for 25 yards though. Quick did play one play, he was on the field for last play of the game. I agree with 50% is too much, SJ is the bell cow.

Well Pead got some returns, although he was usually stopped from coming out, which was a smart decision. Rookies will want to run no matter what, show what they can do, but if the coverage and blocking isn't there, it's a bad decision to run it out. Like that Lions rookie who did and didn't get to the 20. Pead will keep getting chances to return kicks, and hopefully he'll learn that when you catch it at the back of the endzone, you don't run it out.

macrammer is offline Registered User

I am super intrigued by richardson and what he may be able to bring to the table ....

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I went with Richardson as he has shown up when given his touches. While we all hope Quick develops into an impact player for us, as of late he has been inconsistent when given his game reps (preseason). I don't know how well Brian has played in practice, but Jeff isn't going to put him on the field in real games unless he earns his opportunities on the practice field. Possibly he has some nagging injury, but if so I haven't read about it yet.

Is he playing fast in practice? Is he running the right routes? Does he have the playbook down yet? If the answer is "yes" to the aforementioned questions - we'll see him very soon - possibly against the Skins. If no,t it might be a while ..

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I think it turned out that Quick played 3 snaps and Givens played 18

Not sure on the RB carries, but we know that Pead and Richardson aren't trusted to pass block, so presume Pead got no snaps on O

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

On the one hand becaus he's more mobile than Sam; has a pretty good arm just as Sam has; seems to have perhaps more than a bit of Brett Favre's gunslinger mentality; and if you noticed in the pre-seasons doesn't have happy feet when a d-back or DE heading towards him. You may recall the pass he completed a second or so before he was crushed by a d-back. Having said that all I'm saying is that he could give the Rams a change of piece in certain situations; and may not have a chance to prove the aforementioned unless he plays. The name Kurt Warner keeps rattling around in my head. Now, if your sold on Bradford as the next Johnny U. then anything that I've said will not ring true for you.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

No qb controversy here. But let Davis get a sense of real game speed. Heck, when Bradford gets killed the kid will be tuned up.
    The break, don't bend offense.

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    On the one hand becaus he's more mobile than Sam; has a pretty good arm just as Sam has; seems to have perhaps more than a bit of Brett Favre's gunslinger mentality; and if you noticed in the pre-seasons doesn't have happy feet when a d-back or DE heading towards him. You may recall the pass he completed a second or so before he was crushed by a d-back. Having said that all I'm saying is that he could give the Rams a change of piece in certain situations; and may not have a chance to prove the aforementioned unless he plays. The name Kurt Warner keeps rattling around in my head. Now, if your sold on Bradford as the next Johnny U. then anything that I've said will not ring true for you.
    You seem more impatient than anything to me, and maybe sort of an "underdog" kind of person.

The simple truth is, you don't wrestle the reins away from Bradford and hand them over to an UDFA. It's a great way to tell Bradford, and the rest of the team, that Bradford isn't leading the offense. That will NOT work wonders. Right now Bradford needs to build his confidence and his rapport with his receivers and offensive line, not share snaps with a rookie who showed some promise against backups in the pre-season.

Also, Warner is an exception, not a rule, and only played because Green was down the entire season, not to "change the pace." The Rams need to get offensive consistency and chemistry, not controversy. Davis is going to be raw. RGIII was the only one of the five rookie starters to do anything noteworthy in his first game besides turn the ball over and look lost, including the exciting Russell Wilson. Davis wouldn't be any different. Playing him in anything but garbage time at this point would do nothing to help the team, and would only serve to create controversy and undermine Bradford's confidence and ability to lead the team.

Rambos is offline Registered User

These Poll Results are say what exactly? Even though I voted for Richardson, what does this really mean?

Does Richardson look that good or does SJ look that bad? Does Quick get a pass until week four or so before we really say whats up with him? Pead looked really bad in three preseason games but played really good in the last one. Givens can change a game with his speed, which we have not see here in a long time.

I really don't know what to make of these results: I guess the shocker for me is a 7th Rd draft pick won this poll.

what do you guys think?

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I voted for Quick. I understand that the gameplan must work for him and practice must be good before he's put into games. I just would like to see some quick release (no pun intended) crossing patterns. I Think we'll need those against Washington because they will probably throw a lot of QB pressure at Sam and that will keep the LB's honest. Lastly, he was the first pick of the 2nd round, I would like to see what he's got. Bottom line I want a win more than any rookie getting gold stars.

Go Rams!

I'm changing my vote to this:

Greg Zuerline, so he can kick more XPs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12