Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PARamfan is offline Registered User

Re: Rosenbloom pledges change if Rams dont turn it around.

Quote Originally Posted by mdram View Post
    Just get zagnut out of there, that would be the first step to improving this team
    And pack Shaw's bags with him.

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    True, but from the owner? I think the very act of ownership being vocal is a huge step in the right direction. Georgia never made comments like this.
    Your point is well taken (However, I remember a very vocal Carroll Rosenbloom). True, Goergia never said anything. Now I don't mean any disrespect for the deceased owner, but she always seemed more a figurehead to me. She loved the spotlight and left any real decision making to her football guys.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    Exactly what kind of threat is it to be sent away from a sinking ship? If you don't shape up, we're going to trade you or cut you so that teams that are winning can pick you up. So, watch out!
    Mok, there's not really a bull market for players cut from the last place team to be picked up on a first place team.

If I change the oil on my Pinto, you're not going to use it in your Porsche. Know what I mean?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Your point is well taken (However, I remember a very vocal Carroll Rosenbloom). True, Goergia never said anything. Now I don't mean any disrespect for the deceased owner, but she always seemed more a figurehead to me. She loved the spotlight and left any real decision making to her football guys.
    Bingo, truth! That's my point exactly. As I questioned last week......might Chip be his father's son?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

rams2061 Guest

Besides getting rid of the coaches and the defense, Bulger needs to go to. He's finished.

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Bingo, truth! That's my point exactly. As I questioned last week......might Chip be his father's son?
    I suppose hope springs eternal. We should know, in pretty short order, if Chip is his father's son, or just trying to put his finger in an ever widening hole in the dam. I'd love him to be the former rather than the latter.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

moklerman is offline Registered User

If I change the oil on my Pinto, you're not going to use it in your Porsche. Know what I mean?
    True, but if you've got a *****in' sound system, high dollar wheels and tires, etc. I might part it out. I'd be curious to see who among the players would be cut in this scenario. If some backup gunner on the special teams is cut, it's a b.s. threat. If Bulger is cut, the threat is real but I'd be willing to be that New England would give him a look.

The players who are actually worthy of starting won't be threatened by this edict because Holt, Bulger, Jackson, Pace, etc. will quickly find a new home. Players who aren't worthy of starting, won't matter if they're cut because they're already not worth starting. Firing Linehan will solve 100% of nothing. If Schottenheimer or Cowher come in, they might make a change but only if they're allowed to do things their way. If they're given that autonomy, then it's unfair to previous coaches who've had to deal with the craptastic front office that's caused all of these problems in the first place. If Chip really thinks the players and coaches are the problem, then he's a part of the problem.

The players who are actually worthy of starting won't be threatened by this edict because Holt, Bulger, Jackson, Pace, etc. will quickly find a new home.
    Of course not! We're talking about players in leadership and/or starter roles who have no business being there..........Corey Chavous, Dante Hall, Tye Hill, Nick Leckey, etc.
    Firing Linehan will solve 100% of nothing.
    Firing Linehan alone will do nothing.....I agree.
    If Schottenheimer or Cowher come in, they might make a change but only if they're allowed to do things their way.
    If Marty Schottenheimer or Bill Cowher is the next coach, I'll kiss your big white Kurt Warner lovin' Bakersfield butt!
    If they're given that autonomy, then it's unfair to previous coaches who've had to deal with the craptastic front office that's caused all of these problems in the first place.
    Who gives a rat's sphincter about fair? Surely we're both all for whatever change brings about success, yea?
    If Chip really thinks the players and coaches are the problem, then he's a part of the problem.
    And there Mok, is the big question. Does Chip see Shaw (and as a by-product, Zygmunt) the same way his mother did OR like his dad probably would have at this point?

The answer to that one may dictate the direction of this team until the sale goes through.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12