View Poll Results: Does the projected list of WR look realistic for 2011?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 77.78%
  • No

4 22.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Roster WR's 2011....help

I've been thinking this all day yesterday and today of something that I think is a very key part to our offseason for 2011. Who the heck is our starting WR's and our roster WR's on the Rams next year? It's driving me nuts so would appreciate your insights on this. Here's my thinking:

#1 WR- Two choices here, a good FA #1 or a 1st round draft pick (Julio Jones more than likely). I'll go out on a limb and say I want someone who is ready now with experience and is a good product not someone who will be a couple of years from now so leaning on a FA pick up for our #1.

My favorite would be to get Sidney Rice but would think I think these other FA deserve considerable mention:
    Vincent Jackson
    Braylon Edwards
    Randy Moss (meh)
    James Jones
    Malcom Floyd
    Santonio Holmes (meh)

#2/#3-This is were we will be really good after our #1 WR. Clayton (resigned) and Avery would probably be in these two slots. I have Clayton as a #2 and a Avery #3. other possibles:
    Steve Breaston
    Mike Williams
    Steve Smith
    TJ Houshmandzadeh

#4/#5-We have a list of quite a bit of players than can fill these roster spots out.
    Laurent Robinson
    Danny Amendola
    Brandon Gibson
    Danario Alexzander

if i was pressed to guess and being realistic this is what I would think it would be:
    #1- New Aqquisition (Draft/FA)
    #2- Mark Clayton
    #3- Donnie Avery
    #4- Danny Amendola
    #5- Danario Alexzander
    #6- Brandon Gibson (on practice sqaud)
    That, if you ask me is not a bad WR corps especially if someone does get hurt we can just bring TO in. LOL JK!!!

Please am I just stupid and should just keep playing Madden GM or does anyone else see this as being thesable?
    Last edited by ZiaRam; -01-05-2011 at 06:35 PM.

thickandthin is offline Registered User

Re: Roster WR's 2011....help

I don't like Julio Jones in the 1st round, I want Blackmon. I also don't think we should sign Avery back, the only reason I could see signing him back is for speed..
    I would like our roster to look something like this:
    1. Blackmon/DX/Clayton
    2. Clayton/Blackmon/DX
    3. Amendola
    4. Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by thickandthin View Post
    I don't like Julio Jones in the 1st round, I want Blackmon. I also don't think we should sign Avery back, the only reason I could see signing him back is for speed..
    1. Blackmon/DX/Clayton
    2. Clayton/Blackmon/DX
    3. Amendola
    4. Gibson
    ya after doing some research on Blackmon I woulnd't be opposed to drafting him....
    Question is- Will he be there at #14?

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

I think Gilyard will make the team next year with a full offseason behind him. But your WR depth looks pretty much how I'd expect it to look. Btw, Gibson wouldn't be practice squad eligible.

GameTime is offline Registered User

I like V jax and Sidney rice as free agents. I say sign one and draft one in the 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I like V jax and Sidney rice as free agents. I say sign one and draft one in the 2nd round.
    does this mean you want both Vjax and Rice? if so I don't think we would get both. and if we did why would we take a WR in the 2nd round?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBritishRam View Post
    I think Gilyard will make the team next year with a full offseason behind him. But your WR depth looks pretty much how I'd expect it to look. Btw, Gibson wouldn't be practice squad eligible.
    LoL oh ya duh! I forgot Gilyard!! I have serious doubts tho if he still doenst know where to line up? That just seems pathetic to me, its not that hard if thats what you get paid to do.

does this mean you want both Vjax and Rice? if so I don't think we would get both. and if we did why would we take a WR in the 2nd round?
    Haha I think we'd be in trouble money wise but that would be a crazy arse tandem wouldnt it? I like Sidney just for the fact that he has a couple of DWI's before he gets suspended lol

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    Haha I think we'd be in trouble money wise but that would be a crazy arse tandem wouldnt it? I like Sidney just for the fact that he has a couple of DWI's before he gets suspended lol
    hahaha I like Sidney more than VJax mainly because for some reason my gut tells me he's a better WR than VJax, I mean Rice had Favre/Jackson/Webb throwing to him while Jackson has Rivers throwing to him.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Devaney's stratergy has always been to build through the draft and develop young talent. I think we will continue to do that

Number 1- Julio Jones or Justin Blackmon. Its in our best interest to draft dynamic number 1 reciever to develop alongside Bradford and be fixtures for years

Number 2- DX. I believe Clayton Will be resigned so there will be plenty of competition mainly between Clayton, DX, and Avery. The Rams 3 different big play guys through last year hopefully all will be healthy and will play at their highest level.

Slot- Amendola. Amedola, Avery, and Gillyard main options here. Amendola is the current favorite with his good hands and route running. However Avery and Gillyard are more explosive and could take his job

4th, 5th, 6th- whoever doesn't win the first 3 spots will fall down here. If Gillyard cant beat out Gibson for the 6th spot he pracitce squad eligible.

hahaha I like Sidney more than VJax mainly because for some reason my gut tells me he's a better WR than VJax, I mean Rice had Favre/Jackson/Webb throwing to him while Jackson has Rivers throwing to him.
    That is a good point altho Favre last year was a beast as a QB
    Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Devaney's stratergy has always been to build through the draft and develop young talent. I think we will continue to do that

Number 1- Julio Jones or Justin Blackmon. Its in our best interest to draft dynamic number 1 reciever to develop alongside Bradford and be fixtures for years

Number 2- DX. I believe Clayton Will be resigned so there will be plenty of competition mainly between Clayton, DX, and Avery. The Rams 3 different big play guys through last year hopefully all will be healthy and will play at their highest level.

Slot- Amendola. Amedola, Avery, and Gillyard main options here. Amendola is the current favorite with his good hands and route running. However Avery and Gillyard are more explosive and could take his job

4th, 5th, 6th- whoever doesn't win the first 3 spots will fall down here. If Gillyard cant beat out Gibson for the 6th spot he pracitce squad eligible.
    Ya haven't thought of this that way 39 but I do see your vision and idea here as valid. Altho this up coming offseason is going to be huge for FA with so many quality people going to be available and we'll have some cash to throw around.
    Im not as sold on DX right now on staying healthy and being in the mix more than he has been. Let's all pray and hope that knee is nothing more than a bad memory after this offseason! haha

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post

agree with 1 and 2. don't agree with the slot at all. Amendola has that spot LOCKED UP Avery is explosive, but he's more of a #2 like you stated. Gilyard... no he's not explosive until I see something from him... heck until I see anything from this kid I'm not going to even say he can catch.

ManofGod is online now Registered User

1. Blackmon/DX/Clayton
    2. Clayton/Blackmon/DX
    3. Amendola
    4. Gibson
    With Julio's combination of size/strength/speed/blocking ability, how do you believe that we should draft Blackmon over Jones?

Aussie Dave is offline Registered User

if we can sign a top WR in free agency, i dont think we need to draft one this year.
    i think we should line up with..
    new #1, Clayton, Avery, DX, Amendola, Gibson.

its hard to fit Gilyard in there but is one season enough to give up on him?

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    With Julio's combination of size/strength/speed/blocking ability, how do you believe that we should draft Blackmon over Jones?
    I have a post over in the Draft/FA section.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast