Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    39thebeast is offline Registered User

Round of Aplause

Bill D, Spags, Demoff and the rest of the crew have done a hell of a job. Its early, but they deserve a standing ovation for what they have done so far. Rams have addressed some major needs and most importantly completely flipped the direction of the franchise. We have already added Brown, Butler, and Kerney. We also have held on to Vic, OJ, Bartell, and Cogs.

I think there are ton of moves we still can make. We could add Gus Ferotte soon and we are reportedly interested in Angelo Crowell. We also still have vet FA corners like Craft and Manning we have yet to make a decision on. Also Ken Lucas has come on the market and he was a solid player for DC Ken Flajole when he was LB coach in Carolina and may be a good option across from Bartell. We also could use some depth at WR and on the o-line. We are heading in the right direction, but there are still plenty of move to make.
    Last edited by 39thebeast; -03-11-2009 at 05:35 PM.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Round of Aplause

Well, I do "like" what they have "attempted" to do this offseason but before I crown them I'll let the results on the field dictate my assumptions.

Every team out there thinks they have had a good offseason. After the draft, every team will say that got talent and depth. Every team out there will say they are practicing hard and are having a great training camp.

Only a few can say they made the playoffs. I will wait to see if the Rams have made the playoffs.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I am ovating in an upright position right now.

TheTalkOfTheArch is offline Registered User

they've done a pretty good job. I really like how active they've been, hopefully they get holt out the door within the next couple of days for a draft pick. Now if they could just move ram's park from earth city they'd be in business.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

We are going in the right direction to say the least.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    I am ovating in an upright position right now.

Ditto here too. STANDING O!

Rookie is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

I already know I will regret this. But alas what does "I am ovating in an upright position right now." actually mean? I am a simple person please no details.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Ovating isn't really a word... I was just making up a funny phrase to say I was giving a Standing Ovation. Kinda like the way a famous person did that just held a really important position who I will not mention because it is against the rules to discuss politics here.

HornIt is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Well, I do "like" what they have "attempted" to do this offseason but before I crown them I'll let the results on the field dictate my assumptions.

Every team out there thinks they have had a good offseason. After the draft, every team will say that got talent and depth. Every team out there will say they are practicing hard and are having a great training camp.

Only a few can say they made the playoffs. I will wait to see if the Rams have made the playoffs.
    Agree completely.

I remember prior to the 2005 season when the Rams signed both Claiborne and Coakley and then got Hawthorne and Tucker. Then they got a "steal" with Barron falling to them in the draft and it was a great off season.

Or maybe not.

I like most of what they've done so far. I like the overall direction they're headed. But they haven't added any Pro Bowl players. We hope that will change, but as of now, they haven't. And you have to keep free agency in perspective. There is a reason the players your team gets were made available to begin with. They were deemed expendable by the teams that let them get away.

The draft will really be the key to their ultimate success or failure, as it's always been. We'll just have to wait and see if or how the pieces they're assembling all come together. I like the new philosophy better now though. I can see what they're attempting to do and I like that direction. Will it yield results? Time will tell. I've felt this way before and time didn't tell the story I hoped it would.

Tony Banks is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheTalkOfTheArch View Post
    they've done a pretty good job. I really like how active they've been, hopefully they get holt out the door within the next couple of days for a draft pick. Now if they could just move ram's park from earth city they'd be in business.
    I hear that. Being right near the landfill probably makes for some great aromas during those warm days. I guess that's why ownership meets coaches in California. That's about as far as you need to go to get away from the stench.

I also think things are moving in the right direction. Though, I think that direction is taking a wrong turn if the "Gus Bus" comes back.
    :1:

MarshallMarshall Guest

I'd personally like to thank chip rosenbloom he has totally went against the grain from how his mommy ran the business. It all starts at the top and for us there was no hope as long as she was the owner.

Chip,
    thank you, thank you, thank you....... Keep doing the exact opposite of what your mom would have done and we can get this thing turned around. Thank you.

Ramer is offline Registered User

I really like the direction we are headed.
    Last edited by Ramer; -03-11-2009 at 09:00 PM.

tmbkb8 is offline Registered User

I see 16-0 on the horizon...

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I like the way the Rams are heading also.
    The freeagent pick ups were at some of the weakest spots on the team.
    I still hope the Rams address the Middle of the defence.
    The DT and MLB positions is another really weak spot on team. If the F.O. does not address those two positions it could be a really long year with few wins.
    I do know it won't get done in one year, A total rebuild.
    I think you start at the lines and work out.
    You could have Hall of fame CB's and Safties and still get beat with NO pass rush. The QB will stand there until someone gets open.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Shan the Ram Man View Post
    You could have Hall of fame CB's and Safties and still get beat with NO pass rush. The QB will stand there until someone gets open.

I disagree somewhat, Shan. I think with no pass rush you can stil manage to contain the offense a bit with good secondary, even though it might still not be what you're looking for in a defense. However, if the offense plays well, you can manage to put up points to make it a high scoring game with the game determined by who makes the last stop ( example 31-28 or 34-31).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast