Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Round Two: Tackling Rams' Needs

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post

Amen.
    Sometimes...just sometimes, if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, well .. just maybe....
    Unless it means something's not right in Ramsville, in which case, it's obviously not a duck.
    You're mischaracterizing my point. You can certainly infer that he's not happy about the move. There is no basis to conclude, though, that he intends to act upon those feelings.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Re: Round Two: Tackling Rams' Needs

This whole matter is like a "tempest in a teapot" that has been a media issue after an initial comment by the agent. Is the agent entitled to make a remark, of course. He's paid to advocate for his client. But at the end of the day, Jeff Fisher will decide who plays where on this team based on what is in the TEAM'S best interest. If this were in-season, I highly suspect we wouldn't be having this lengthy discussion. Saffold has done nothing to inflame the matter by holding out or making inflammatory comments. as in all sports, its about competition and if Rodger thinks he deserves to be playing LT, then let him prove he's deserving in practice and on the field.

Go Rams!

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post

You're mischaracterizing my point. You can certainly infer that he's not happy about the move. There is no basis to conclude, though, that he intends to act upon those feelings.
    Never said he did. Just said that I believe he has these feelings because, (as you rightly said), while he has not been quoted substantiating his dissatisfaction, he has also done nothing to refute them.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

I'm sure it's about money. LTs generally command more than RTs, so for Saffold (in a contract year) it could mean a loss of millions of dollars.

I'm sure he'll give his all once he's on the field, but he's got to be thinking "If I play well at RT, teams may want to sign me as a RT instead of a LT."

Rammed is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I'm sure it's about money. LTs generally command more than RTs, so for Saffold (in a contract year) it could mean a loss of millions of dollars.

I'm sure he'll give his all once he's on the field, but he's got to be thinking "If I play well at RT, teams may want to sign me as a RT instead of a LT."
    Or for the versatile athlete you created yourself into and the work you put into making the position switch your own. What player command good money when they are (as Saffold has been up to this point) solid thats versatility be it T/G/C. Just a quick example Rob Turner comes to mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12