MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Round Two: What will Bradford show Saturday night?

ROGER HENSLEY | Posted: Thursday, August 5, 2010 1:30 pm

QUESTION: What will you be looking to see out of rookie QB Sam Bradford at the Rams’ Saturday night scrimmage game at Lindenwood University?

JIM THOMAS

Accuracy, timing, grasp of the offense, and command of the huddle. Then again, isn’t that what we’re looking for out of Bradford, period?

BILL COATS

I want to see how he reacts in “live” situations to blitzes, defensive shifts, etc., and whether he’s able to effectively check down. Also, how he handles the pass-rush pressure. I’m not that concerned with the quality of his throws at this point. That will be fine, given time and more experience.

JEFF GORDON

We all know the kid has a great arm – and that the Rams aren’t going to put him at risk to show that off. So fans ought to settle for seeing him command the huddle and demonstrate composure. Will he handle the mechanics of it all without any yips? Last year Keith Null had a rocky start making his adjustment from the spread offense of college to the pro passing game. But he settled in nicely. If Bradford does the same, folks should be happy with that.

ROGER HENSLEY

I want to see Bradford running this Rams offense as quickly as possible in the regular season. For that reason, whether it’s a team scrimmage, exhibition games or just high-speed practices, I want to see a “presence.” Composure, adaptability, defensive recognition and the ability to find receivers. Whether they are quick screens or slants, short passes over the middle or airing out one or two, I want to see Bradford have enough success this preseason that he builds confidence – and perhaps more importantly – that he gains the confidence of coach Steve Spagnuolo and his teammates. No offense to A.J. Feeley or any of the other Rams’ QBs, but after watching some pretty bland football the past few seasons, it will be exciting when young Sam trots out into the huddle in the regular season. Part of that, albeit a very small part, starts with how he performs Saturday night.

atcchris is offline Registered User

Re: Round Two: What will Bradford show Saturday night?

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    ROGER HENSLEY | Posted: Thursday, August 5, 2010 1:30 pm

QUESTION: What will you be looking to see out of rookie QB Sam Bradford at the Rams’ Saturday night scrimmage game at Lindenwood University?

JEFF GORDON

We all know the kid has a great arm – and that the Rams aren’t going to put him at risk to show that off. So fans ought to settle for seeing him command the huddle and demonstrate composure. Will he handle the mechanics of it all without any yips? Last year Keith Null had a rocky start making his adjustment from the spread offense of college to the pro passing game. But he settled in nicely. If Bradford does the same, folks should be happy with that.
    Someone tell Mr. Gordon that Sam can't do "the same". He didn't run "the spread" in college, and point him to this page:

So he can see all the snaps Bradford took from the single back and I formations under center (among other sets)
    Last edited by Nick; -08-07-2010 at 10:51 AM. Reason: No links!