Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    WestSideRamsFan Guest

*RUMOR* Briggs to Rams....?

NFL Radio on Sirius Radio reported that an offer has been made to Lance Briggs by the St Louis Rams......the reported offer is that the rams offered a 3rd round pick this draft and their first rounder in the next draft. The bears are yet to respond to the offer. this offer seems to be better than the redskins offer because chicago will get two first round picks next year.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Briggs to Rams....?

I didn't hear this, I think its a late April Fools because we don't have two first round picks next year.
    RamsFan16

WestSideRamsFan Guest

its not an april's fools.. and i meant with our pick and their pick, they would have two picks....
    Last edited by WestSideRamsFan; -04-02-2007 at 10:43 PM.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Editing the title to reflect this as a rumor, per this announcement.

When did you hear this, and on what Sirius NFL Radio program?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: *RUMOR* Briggs to Rams....?

I'd close this, its not being confirmed on the Bears website, on ESPN and there is usually someone on those boards that posts something anonymous like that.

April Fools was yesterday not today.
    RamsFan16

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

if this is for real i think it's about time we make top headline moves like this on defence, but I'm not going to get over excited yet. but keep updating on this story WestSideRamsFan.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

anything can happen but since it is kind off stagnant right now in nfl talks due to the opening of baseball season and the draft almost here, its probably someone at sirius just trying to make a headline... anyways why would you sign draft, and then trade for briggs??? makes no sense

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

If we are trading next years first and a third this year i would rather do it for an established run stuffing DT/NT, or for another first rounder this year so we can grab both Alan Branch and either more DL help (Carriker?) or another LB (Willis/Timmons/Poz)

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I'll believe it when its on ESPN's rumor central. Although I haven't seen the Briggs situation change for awhile. But anyways, I really doubt with all my heart that we'll get Briggs. Like others have said (and it would be cool to get him, but imo not worth it) let's trade for a proven AND younger run stuffing DT. Then it is totally worth our picks, but for Briggs...It is way too much of a gamble for us.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

IMO Briggs would be a luxury for us,and we can't really afford to spend those picks on a player who isn't a necessity.Having said that he would certainly add something extra to our defense and we can do with all the help we can get.Can't see it happening especially given the dollars he will be looking and at the money already tied up at LB with Witherspoon and Tinoisamoa..

itsguud is offline Registered User

You know I could actually see Linehan doing something crazy like this!! I love it. Maybe we can fool some other team into picking up Witherspoons or Tino's, much to large for what they're actually worth, contracts!!

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Varg6

lets trade for a proven AND younger run stuffing DT.

Who would fit that criteria and best of all what would we have to give up for a proven young DT? As far as I know teams that have them do not give them up.....

Something tells me this is not an option.

Briggs is a good LB but without the main attention on Urlacher in the middle what kind of Linebacker is he? Far to expensive.

IMO if your in a bidding war against the redskins you need to step way back from the crack pipe.

general counsel is offline Registered User

why do you think that pisa and spoons contracts are too large? Pisa just signed his, there is nothing wrong with it. Spoons contract is fine as well. The rams have many many problems on defense, neither spoon nor pisa is one of them. Briggs is a good player, hes no better than spoon and not much better than pisa. I would rather have him than pisa, but he is going to cost about double the money.

furthermore, if you put briggs on the rams defense without defensive tackle support and no uhrlacher, i dont think he would look so great to you.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Country is offline Registered User

Briggs is a luxury pick up now and is not worth the money that he would have been paid.

If the Rams want to use next years 1st round pick to upgrade right now they should trade back up in the 1st this year and grab a player of need like Merriweather, Nelson or Spencer.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I think Briggs is one of the few stud LB's in the NFL. I think it's the other way around, without Briggs, Urlacher is average.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast