Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

*RUMOR* Byrd arrested for DUI Sunday?

http://www.insidesocal.com/usc/archi...e_blotter.html

Former tight end Dominqiue Byrd was reportedly arrested for driving under the influence Sunday.
    Suspend him for 5 games, sign McMichael and we're good!

RamsFan16

rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: Byrd arrested for DUI Sunday?

Forget suspending him, release him and sign McMichal and then we're good. If this is true it will be the second time he's been in trouble already. We dont need another Lawrence Phillips. There shold be no reason we shouldnt make a run at McMichael now that he's been released, and having a TE like him will make our offense extremely dangerous. Linehan's offense does like to use the TE, we just havnt had a good enough one yet to see how it clicks with a threat at that position. Linehan has to be licking his chops right now for McMichael.
    Just Fix It

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Reportedly?? is this factual?

If so, he could be next on the chopping block.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

All I've got to say is this......

He without sin cast for the first stone.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Can't find any confirmation for this, so I'm adding "*RUMOR*" to the thread title.

Drew is offline Registered User

Re: *RUMOR* Byrd arrested for DUI Sunday?

lets get a solid confirmation before we rig up the hanging tree!

general counsel is offline Registered User

I agree that we should get solid confirmation, but more to the point, why does anyone think that signing mchmichael, who has domestic violence issues, makes sense? Klopf is a fine young tight end. Walker is a reasonable blocker. Why do you want to spend the money on another tight end. This isnt fantasy football where you get an all star at every position. Some of the same people that scream "sign him" every time another free agent is available on offense are the same ones that tell you we need major help on defense.

we dont need any more weapons on offense to win the superbowl. Solid line play? Of course, that is the key to our offense, NOT another weapon, let alone one with off the field issues.

If we want to win the superbowl, we need a dramatically improved defense and solid offensive line play. That is what this team is missing. THe difference between mcmichael and klopf isnt going to amount to anything for this team. If mcmichael wanted to sign for the minimum, that might be one thing, but "sign him" doesnt make sense until you see how much cap it costs, given all the needs we have on defense.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Great point, GC. This issue has revealed one of the ugly truths about sports fans...

Player who has not produced arrested for DUI - cut him!

Productive player with domestic violence arrests becomes available - sign him!

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Great point, GC. This issue has revealed one of the ugly truths about sports fans...

Player who has not produced arrested for DUI - cut him!

Productive player with domestic violence arrests becomes available - sign him!

I think you two are way out of line with this. For one I didnt know of McMichael's off the field problem and two we have a guy that killed a woman on our team that we all root for. So therfore if we are playing saints and sinners that should not be a factor. My point is Byrd has been here for one year and if this is true its two offenses already. I would rather sign a dynamic TE with a lot of skill to help our offense than keep a young te with no experience. If our defensive needs were so huge then why didnt our coaching staff try to get any big names? Apparently they know something we dont and I still think having a threat at te in the red zone would be a great addition. If I'm playing defense I'd rather see Klop then McMichael and that is the bottom line. Let's not all play the goodguy here because if it were a perfect world Little wouldnt be playing football right now. I root for Little just like everyone else but lets not forget he killed someone. So don't condemn others for wanting a player with a few off the field problems when we all root for a guy that killed another human being.
    Just Fix It

Let's also not be overdramatic on anything. These are football players; not anyone studying the effects of global warming on the ecosystem, or researchers looking for a cure for diseases.

For me, as long as someone doesn't pull a Rae Carruth.....I don't care what they do off the field

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I think you two are way out of line with this. For one I didnt know of McMichael's off the field problem and two we have a guy that killed a woman on our team that we all root for. So therfore if we are playing saints and sinners that should not be a factor. My point is Byrd has been here for one year and if this is true its two offenses already. I would rather sign a dynamic TE with a lot of skill to help our offense than keep a young te with no experience. If our defensive needs were so huge then why didnt our coaching staff try to get any big names? Apparently they know something we dont and I still think having a threat at te in the red zone would be a great addition. If I'm playing defense I'd rather see Klop then McMichael and that is the bottom line. Let's not all play the goodguy here because if it were a perfect world Little wouldnt be playing football right now. I root for Little just like everyone else but lets not forget he killed someone. So don't condemn others for wanting a player with a few off the field problems when we all root for a guy that killed another human being.
    I think you're missing my point.

My problem is when the "bad acts" are used as a justification for cutting one player, but are overlooked when seeking another player.

To avoid hypocrisy, there are really only two options:

1. Ignore off-the-field issues, and judge solely on base of skill and productivity; or

2. Consider off-the-field issues, regardless of skill and productivity.

So, if you want McMichael, fine... but don't, at the same time, say we should cut Byrd because of his arrest(s). Rather, simply say - cut him because he's not very good.

I would have no problem with the Rams cutting Byrd and signing McMichael because Randy is a huge upgrade from anyone we have. Klop,Walker and McMichael sounds great to me. So off the field problems aside Byrd isnt worth keeping if we sign McMichael.
    Just Fix It

miser, I understand your position on McMichael as a much better talent than Byrd....it just didn't come off very clear. It sounded more like because of Byrd's off the field problems you would rather have McMichael who has even bigger off the field problems.

The internet sometimes doesn't totally express how we actually feel sometimes.

Look if we are gonna have a guy with problems i.e. Byrd, I would rather have one with problems that can play i.e McMichael. I'll be honest I didnt know of McMichaels problems off the field, my mistake. So at first it was lets get rid of Byrd and his problems and bring in a guy who can play. But still seeing that they both have problems at least bring in a guy that I consider a weapon, I dont know about you but I bet not too many defenses fear our te's right now.
    Just Fix It

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    This isnt fantasy football where you get an all star at every position. Some of the same people that scream "sign him" every time another free agent is available on offense are the same ones that tell you we need major help on defense.
    Exactly. The money that Randy will command is a waste of money for us. We need defense and O Line help, so WHY would we want to waste money on the TE position? That makes no sense. We have enough weapons to throw the ball to already, and there are only so many balls to go around.

People need to step out of the Fantasy and Madden worlds when it comes to what the Rams really need.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast