Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    IronRam is offline Registered User

Exclamation Rumor Mill - Rams apparently one of the teams bidding on rights to new L.A. stadium

Hello everyone. Long time reader, first time poster. I felt compelled to finally post because of this "hot" topic.

This is just something that I've heard from a friend of mine who works for the landscaping company that does all of the work for Ed Roski's company, Majestic Realty Co., in the City of Industry (which I'm sure everyone knows is where the proposed new stadium is going to be built.) Oh, forgot to mention I'm also local as well. I live about 5 minutes from the proposed stadium site.

Basically, this friend is in a position to be privy to all landscaping proposals for the City of Industry, and recently they saw proposals for the stadium project that were dead giveaways to A) that there are in fact franchises currently in talks with Majestic for the stadium rights and B) who those franchises are.

The three franchises they say that they know are in the running are San Diego, Arizona, and St. Louis. But, he did mention that with the recent success of Arizona, they have eased off and it is now (as far as they know) between the Chargers and the Rams.

This person is trustworthy and I've known them for a long time, so I'm inclined to take them seriously. But, I am skeptical without a doubt and won't be jumping the gun anytime soon. Interesting, nonetheless.

Just felt like I should share this with the boards.

Edit: This thing says I've posted 5 times before? I don't remember doing that but if I did, please forgive the inaccuracy.
    Last edited by IronRam; -02-05-2009 at 01:18 PM.

:ramlogo:

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Rumor Mill - Rams apparently one of the teams bidding on rights to new L.A. stadi

Great first post! That's very interesting. I wonder if chip is going to sell the team or is he involved in this. I can't say I'd be upset if we moved, it would kind of be cool to be the LA Rams again. Either which way I'm always a Rams fan. Thanks for posting man!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

MarshallMarshall Guest

Re: Rumor Mill - Rams apparently one of the teams bidding on rights to new L.A. stadi

Why do you suppose they want out of St. louis? Below average attendance? Bigger market in L.A.?

I would be all for them coming back to Ca

MarshallMarshall Guest

Come on Home RAMS !!!!!!

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Sounds like a rumor.

"Im not listening, I'm not listening, I'm not listening. (hands over ears)"

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Great post....Welcome to the party.

Very interesting indeed. Of course we've all heard or read about the possibilty of an established franchise moving to L.A.. If it be the RAMS that's fine with me. It will just take a little longer to get to the BASH!

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Chargers seem the most likely due to their relic of a stadium and the fact they local and wouldnt have to worry about winning over the local football fans.

would be nice to have the Rams back "home" but im fine with them staying in St.louis if the powers that be decide that is where they wanna stay..

Cardinals...i dont think so.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I called Chip Rosenbloom's manicurist, Rosa Lee Maydup, and she told me that this rumor is unfounded.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

As I posted in the NFL thread last week, Roski's right-hand man was on the radio recently and stated that the Rams were indeed one of the teams that were "in the running" for the new stadium. It was also stated in that interview that the Rams and Jaquars were the two most likely teams to move to LA because they were both currently "up for sale". (Not my words, his)

As much as I'd like the Rams here, I'm betting it's going to be the Los Angeles Chargers.

However, you heard it here first.

In the next few years, California may have two new franchised teams. The Los Angeles Chargers and the San Diego Rams.
    Last edited by RAMFANRAIDERHATER; -02-05-2009 at 03:48 PM.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    As I posted in the NFL thread last week, Roski's right-hand man was on the radio recently and stated that the Rams were indeed one of the teams that were "in the running" for the new stadium. It was also stated in that interview that the Rams and Jaquars were the two most likely teams to move to LA because they were both currently "up for sale". (Not my words, his)

As much as I'd like the Rams here, I'm betting it's going to be the Los Angeles Chargers.

However, you heard it here first.

In the next few years, California may have two new franchised teams. The Los Angeles Chargers and the San Diego Rams.

I'm all for the san diego Rams baby!!!!! Since I live 2 mins from Qualcomm stadium

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I called Chip Rosenbloom's manicurist, Rosa Lee Maydup, and she told me that this rumor is unfounded.
    Yeah I was going to mention source reliability, but AR got to it first. I have to wait until the fat lady sings on these things. Rumors, while still a good communication tool, are simply still rumors. And the fact the Cardinals were mentioned kind of puts a hole in it, like it is old info or something. Their stadium is pretty damn nice and they have actually gotten local support finally. I am surprised the Raiders weren't listed.

Also while I have always said I would never wish a town lose its team after what I have gone through, I would still welcome them back with open arms.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

I'm am NOT for this. You can't keep moving a team around and hope to keep attendance. We've been in LA before, bigger market, yeah. But if there not winning, the fans wont' be coming. St. Louis is a nice city for the Rams, keep them here for 4 - 5 more seasons before moving them again.
    RamsFan16

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    And the fact the Cardinals were mentioned kind of puts a hole in it, like it is old info or something. Their stadium is pretty damn nice and they have actually gotten local support finally.
    Ya'll beat me to it MJ. The Cardinals have maybe one of the best if not the best stadium in the NFL now, and therefore any rumors of them moving anytime soon are totally off the wall at this point. This report might have a bit more credibility if the part about the Arizona Cardinals wasn't included.

WHAT SAY YE?

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

I hope the team does make the move, I would just prefer them to be in LA, but NOTHiNG AGAiNST St.Louis, I just feel there would be more of a demand for the team out there, WiN OR LOSE!!!.....Does anyone know by when the supposed said date is for the stadium to be finished??..

Yodude is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post

Chip Rosenbloom's manicurist, Rosa Lee Maydup, passed away last week is a bizarre grouse hunting accident. Apparently she was squatting to relieve herself in the scrub brush when her partner's pointer locked up on her and she was accidently shot. Get your facts straight.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast