Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Re: Rumor Mill - Rams apparently one of the teams bidding on rights to new L.A. stadi

Quote Originally Posted by Yodude View Post
    Chip Rosenbloom's manicurist, Rosa Lee Maydup, passed away last week is a bizarre grouse hunting accident. Apparently she was squatting to relieve herself in the scrub brush when her partner's pointer locked up on her and she was accidently shot. Get your facts straight.

Rumour mill indeed.

If we were to discount hearsay and rumour from discussion on the boards this off-season there'd likely be little to talk about.

Its a hobby-horse for some I guess.

Interesting first post IronRam, its good to see people participating in the riot.

supachump is offline Registered User

Re: Rumor Mill - Rams apparently one of the teams bidding on rights to new L.A. stadi

omg.. will this ever end?

Why in the world would a landscape company even know what teams were being discussed? This holds as much water as my crystal ball. Where did I leave that thing anyway?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Yodude View Post
    Chip Rosenbloom's manicurist, Rosa Lee Maydup, passed away last week is a bizarre grouse hunting accident. Apparently she was squatting to relieve herself in the scrub brush when her partner's pointer locked up on her and she was accidently shot.
    She will be missed.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

OK, folks, let's get this sorted out. I have two sources.

First, I spoke with the mother of a friend of Chip's proctologist's nurse who assures me that the Rams would only move back to LA if we draft a QB that looks like Warren Beatty that is then hit by a truck in a tunnel while riding his bike, subsequently almost killed, but his soul is mistakenly taken, and is then reincarnated into a millionaire that purchases the Rams, thereby, exacting the move process.

Second, I spoke with the third cousin of the uncle of Lucinda's dog walker that vows that the Rams would move to a city with a name that starts with a "C". The name of the team would then be compressed with the letter "C" and the name Rams. Additionally, the team colors would be changed to eggshell and beige.

You heard it here first, folks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tony Banks is offline Registered User

Being in the St. Louis area, of course I want the Rams to stay, so there's that. I think it makes our team look like a bunch of vagabonds. Cleveland, LA, St. Louis, back to LA....then where? Clearly if they go back they won't be there for good. I can't imagine them going back to a place that they left. It's not like Al Davis is the owner. Also, I think this is all a bunch of heresay anyway. When the team packs up and moves, then I'll believe it. No matter what happens, I'm with the Rams for life. Why not move them to Texas or Europe so our fellow clan members there can take care of them for a while?
    Last edited by Tony Banks; -02-05-2009 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Bad puncutation, I am ashamed.
    :1:

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

There is speculation that there is a rumor going around that some landscaper is saying that the stadium in LA is going to be used for a new sport: extreme petunia gardening.

Mark me down as one of those who is waiting for my sister-in-law, er, the fat lady to sing.

(Disclaimer - my sister-in-law is NOT a fat lady. In fact, she's about as far from being a lady as she can be...)

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    OK, folks, let's get this sorted out. I have two sources.

First, I spoke with the mother of a friend of Chip's proctologist's nurse who assures me that the Rams would only move back to LA if we draft a QB that looks like Warren Beatty that is then hit by a truck in a tunnel while riding his bike, subsequently almost killed, but his soul is mistakenly taken, and is then reincarnated into a millionaire that purchases the Rams, thereby, exacting the move process.

Second, I spoke with the third cousin of the uncle of Lucinda's dog walker that vows that the Rams would move to a city with a name that starts with a "C". The name of the team would then be compressed with the letter "C" and the name Rams. Additionally, the team colors would be changed to eggshell and beige.

You heard it here first, folks!

This doesn't sound any less credible that the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by supachump View Post
    omg.. will this ever end?

Why in the world would a landscape company even know what teams were being discussed? This holds as much water as my crystal ball. Where did I leave that thing anyway?
    Wasn't it a landscaper that blew the lid off of Watergate? Who says landscapers aren't in the know?

Ghost of Jim Everett is offline Registered User

Yea move them back and change the gold color back to the original gold!

gap
    gap is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMarshall View Post
    Why do you suppose they want out of St. louis? Below average attendance? Bigger market in L.A.?

I would be all for them coming back to Ca
    Yeah, and then the stadium can be filled with 9er, Faider, and Bolt fans, or whichever visiting team it is that week, all over again.

While there are a fair amount of very loyal RAMS fans in LA, as this site proves witness, the vast majority of football fans in LA are fans of another team. This is partly because of transplants and bandwagoners, but mostly because they grew up without a team to become attached to.

If the RAMS really are interested in moving to LA, the league had better fight it as hard as they did the move to STL. Put an expansion team there, or move a francise that has had a harder time selling tickets than STL has. Like maybe the expansion team that should have gone to STL in the first place?

gap

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

My guess is there will be no stadium. There is no money to build it. All across the country proposed construction projects along with many others underway have been put on hold indefinately.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Why do you suppose they want out of St. louis? Below average attendance? Bigger market in L.A.?
    Hmm, that's a good question.....except for the fact that the Rams have had better attendance in each year in St. Louis than they did in the previous decade and a half in SoCal, of course.

The ol' "Rams moving west" thread again. Let me see here.....---checking calendar---...yep, today ends in "y". Better have ourselves a "Rams moving west" thread.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

[QUOTE=Ferter;273227]My guess is there will be no stadium. There is no money to build it. All across the country proposed construction projects along with many others underway have been put on hold indefinately.

LA is in line for bailout money and instead of creating manufacturing jobs, were going for landscaping jobs! One football field is a lot of grass to mow!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

RealRam is online now Registered User

IronRam amigo ... Welcome to the Club / Clan!

As you can see from the posts here, this stadium rumor is quite dubious. But it's the offseason and there WILL be plenty of chit-chat in many places, including new arenas!

blood85 is offline Registered User

The Rams are NOT moving back to LA. They are Moving to Rio De Janeiro....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast