Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Re: Rumor Mill - Rams apparently one of the teams bidding on rights to new L.A. stadi

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    Yeah, and then the stadium can be filled with 9er, Faider, and Bolt fans, or whichever visiting team it is that week, all over again.

While there are a fair amount of very loyal RAMS fans in LA, as this site proves witness, the vast majority of football fans in LA are fans of another team. This is partly because of transplants and bandwagoners, but mostly because they grew up without a team to become attached to.

If the RAMS really are interested in moving to LA, the league had better fight it as hard as they did the move to STL. Put an expansion team there, or move a francise that has had a harder time selling tickets than STL has. Like maybe the expansion team that should have gone to STL in the first place?

gap
    Well, according to the 'new stadium site' they better find a team that has lower ticket sales than the Rams cause an expansion team is out of the question...this is a reply to a FAQ....

Donít take my Raiders or Chargers.

It is our understanding that the National Football League has no intention of expanding, but they do want to be in Los Angeles. State-of-the-art stadiums are required for teams to stay competitive in todayís NFL. We do not control what team will play in the new Los Angeles Stadium, but we do know it will be an existing team that needs to move because they cannot build a new stadium or financially they are not successful in their current market. We can not disclose which teams we are talking with.

Re: Rumor Mill - Rams apparently one of the teams bidding on rights to new L.A. stadi

what the ...................................................

that's It, I'm firing that bloody gardener ........... I told him when he was in the board room doing the bonsai garden, not to repeat anything said here .................. mutter. His arse is outa here

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    And the fact the Cardinals were mentioned kind of puts a hole in it, like it is old info or something. Their stadium is pretty damn nice and they have actually gotten local support finally.
    Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Ya'll beat me to it MJ. The Cardinals have maybe one of the best if not the best stadium in the NFL now, and therefore any rumors of them moving anytime soon are totally off the wall at this point. This report might have a bit more credibility if the part about the Arizona Cardinals wasn't included.
    Agreed completely. The rumor lost all credibility when the Cardinals were mentioned. They just paid $143.2 million a few years ago to help build their new stadium in Glendale. No way would they be looking to relocate to another area so quickly.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by unorthodox1999 View Post
    Well, according to the 'new stadium site' they better find a team that has lower ticket sales than the Rams cause an expansion team is out of the question...this is a reply to a FAQ....

Donít take my Raiders or Chargers.

It is our understanding that the National Football League has no intention of expanding, but they do want to be in Los Angeles. State-of-the-art stadiums are required for teams to stay competitive in todayís NFL. We do not control what team will play in the new Los Angeles Stadium, but we do know it will be an existing team that needs to move because they cannot build a new stadium or financially they are not successful in their current market. We can not disclose which teams we are talking with.
    Ortho, I think you cut that answer off to soon. I believe there was more to it. Don't worry about re-posting, I'll fix it for you....
    It is our understanding that the National Football League has no intention of expanding, but they do want to be in Los Angeles. State-of-the-art stadiums are required for teams to stay competitive in todayís NFL. We do not control what team will play in the new Los Angeles Stadium, but we do know it will be an existing team that needs to move because they cannot build a new stadium or financially they are not successful in their current market. We can not disclose which teams we are talking with......except to the gardeners, of course. We got to tell those dudes so they know what logo to put on all the weed-whackers. You can't just slap a decal on a weed-whacker; it takes a while to get those ready.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

clarasDK is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Banks View Post
    Being in the St. Louis area, of course I want the Rams to stay, so there's that. I think it makes our team look like a bunch of vagabonds. Cleveland, LA, St. Louis, back to LA....then where? Clearly if they go back they won't be there for good. I can't imagine them going back to a place that they left. It's not like Al Davis is the owner. Also, I think this is all a bunch of heresay anyway. When the team packs up and moves, then I'll believe it. No matter what happens, I'm with the Rams for life. Why not move them to Texas or Europe so our fellow clan members there can take care of them for a while?

I am all for the Europe idea

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by clarasDK View Post
    I am all for the Europe idea
    This is totally off topic, but I come from farm stock and like to plant seeds. IF the Rams were ever invited to play in London, it would be our duty and responsibility to sponsor a "Bash" over there and meet up with our founder of this site.
    Present economy not withstanding, just thought we may want to all start saving our pennies for just an occasion...

Joe
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

SJacks039 is offline Registered User

When things are good in st.louis fans know how to react. Remember this team hasn't even been competitive for 2 years. I mean i'm not talking trash on LA but do you think they get sold out every game in LA after the linehan debacle. doubt it. I don't want to see them leave it would suck, but if they do I guess I'm goin goin back back to cali cali

larams1980 is offline Registered User

I don't think there would be a problem selling out games in LA. The area is prime for nfl football and there are alot of die hard rams fans still around here. I think alot of people will dump their current team and rally around the rams.. And with Roski as the owner I think he will keep building on the current young talent and put a good team for us LA fans to watch.

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Once Spags begiins coaching the Rams to win after win, the EJD will be sold out, week after week. Once that happens, the talk of moving back to LA will be in a gardner's conversation, except they'll call it fertilizer.

SJacks039 is offline Registered User

Once Spags begiins coaching the Rams to win after win, the EJD will be sold out, week after week. Once that happens, the talk of moving back to LA will be in a gardner's conversation, except they'll call it fertilizer.
    exactly, Fertilizer

rampower is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    This is totally off topic, but I come from farm stock and like to plant seeds. IF the Rams were ever invited to play in London, it would be our duty and responsibility to sponsor a "Bash" over there and meet up with our founder of this site.
    Present economy not withstanding, just thought we may want to all start saving our pennies for just an occasion...

Joe
    In the mean time you can come to an STL bash and meet the boss and many others.

Come one, come all!!
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

Here is a link for stadium talk. Just so everybody knows why la fans are hoping for a move. Doesn't say rams are the team but they are in the hunt.

710 ESPN - Los Angeles - ESPN Radio: Mason & Ireland

Mason & Ireland 1/21/09
    John Semcken Interview. The interview about 7 minutes in.

LA Rams - keep hope alive.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

As much as I would love the team to come back to it's roots; being in San Diego County, I can tell you that most likely it will be the Chargers who move in. The Chargers owners are adamant about getting a new stadium and the city is bankrupt.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

As much as I would love the team to come back to it's roots; being in San Diego County, I can tell you that most likely it will be the Chargers who move in. The Chargers owners are adamant about getting a new stadium and the city is bankrupt.

I also believe that the chargers will move into the stadium. But as a tentant, I think there is going to be 2 teams in that stadium. The NFL wants 2 teams in the LA market. I think it will be the chargers and hopefully the rams. One afc west and one NFC west. Just as it should be. I know the RAMS have alot of lease obligations but that is what lawyers are for.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by larams1980 View Post
    I don't think there would be a problem selling out games in LA. The area is prime for nfl football and there are alot of die hard rams fans still around here. I think alot of people will dump their current team and rally around the rams.. And with Roski as the owner I think he will keep building on the current young talent and put a good team for us LA fans to watch.
    Why would the team leave a place that has attracted more ticket holders in every year than the place they came from?

And who are these "fans" of other teams that will suddenly jump ship and get on the Rams bandwagon just because they slide back to LA?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast