Country is offline Registered User

*RUMOR* NFL Network: Jenkins To Stay in Carolina

I just thought I heard Adam Schefter say that Carolina is going to retain Kris Jenkins as they haven't gotten the offer that they want.

What do the Rams do?

"Of the many veterans on the trade block, do not expect to see Carolina defensive tackle Kris Jenkins dealt this weekend."
    Last edited by Country; -04-27-2007 at 09:31 PM.

Ram-Genious Guest

Re: NFL Network: Jenkins To Stay in Carolina

he will be traded.. they have already messed things up putting him on the trading block. he will want out now.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

You thought you heard? So you aren't even sure?
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Ram-Genious Guest

don't play with me like this.. did you hear it or not??

Rambos is offline Registered User

[QUOTEYour on the clock at 13 and this is all thats left who do you pick?
    Patrick Willis
    Darrelle Revis
    Adam Carriker
    Leon Hall
    Alan Branch
    ][/QUOTE]

No way Willis is there at 13. I still will take Branch even though he is dropping faster then some of my .com stocks of the 90's.

Late in the hour I can see Adam Carriker or Darrelle Revis taken by us at 13.

I just thought I heard Adam Schefter say that Carolina is going to retain Kris Jenkins as they haven't gotten the offer that they want.
    Not dead yet, on Jenkins, on draft day the Rams might give them what they want.

It would be ridiculous for Carolina to say they are done shopping Jenkins right now. They don't even know what they might get for him tomorrow, but they are giving up? I highly doubt this is accurate.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Country is offline Registered User

I heard it and now it has appeared on the Carolina message boards. It is also on NFL.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    I heard it and now it has appeared on the Carolina message boards. It is also on NFL.com.
    How about a link from NFL.com because I don't see it, I just looked. (Maybe I missed it)

I still don't believe this, Carolina is either really stupid, or they are lying.

I'm going with, they are lying.

There is no chance Carolina doesn't trade him tomorrow if they get a good deal.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Ram-Genious Guest

crazy things have happend before. i am counting on it again!!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    It would be ridiculous for Carolina to say they are done shopping Jenkins right now. They don't even know what they might get for him tomorrow, but they are giving up? I highly doubt this is accurate.
    Agreed. It would make no sense for the Panthers to work this thing up to the day before the draft and then all of a sudden make an announcement that Jenkins if off the market? Draft rhetoric and misdirection are obviously reaching critical mass, which doesn't surprise me at all.

I'd be shocked if there was any amonut of truth to this and have yet to see it reported on NFL.com.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

They are looking for a 2nd an I bet the Skins or Broncos will give it to them.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68 View Post
    They are looking for a 2nd an I bet the Skins or Broncos will give it to them.
    Broncos are apparently sending a second to Houston in exchange for a swap of first round picks.

The Redskins have pick 6 overall, and then don't have another selcetion until round five.

Look for the Rams to emerge as the frontrunners-still...

KC is another noteworthy team.

LoyalRam is offline Registered User

Re: *RUMOR* NFL Network: Jenkins To Stay in Carolina

I am sure some of you may have already found it, but if not, here's the link that some of you were talking about from NFL.com.

I cannot post a link, but it's under the link "Moss Trade Coming?" on the right hand side of the front page.

I'll copy and paste the section on Jenkins.

Friday, April 27
    Trade talks involving Randy Moss have picked up so much steam that it now is likely that the Pro Bowl wide receiver willl be traded before or during the NFL draft. Raiders head coach Lane Kiffin has been spearheading the talks and the belief around the league now is that is only a matter of time.

First, Raiders owner Al Davis must sign off on the near deal, and then the team trading for Moss must attempt to restructure his contract. Moss has two years and $20 million remaining on his contract.

Earlier this week, the Green Bay Packers held a meeting to debate the merits of trading for Moss. There were pros and cons, and any team willing to deal for Moss will face similar questions. But it now looks like a trade could come as early as Friday night and before Saturday's draft wraps up.

Of the many veterans on the trade block, do not expect to see Carolina defensive tackle Kris Jenkins dealt this weekend. A source close to the situation said it's "highly unlikely" that Carolina will trade Jenkins, even though it has shopped him recently. St. Louis and Kansas City, amongst others, have expressed some interest in Jenkins, but the problem is similar to the one the Chiefs are facing with running back Larry Johnson. Any team that trades for the player has to satisfy the team's asking price and the player's, because he wants a new contract. Thus, despite the rumblings, Jenkins is expected to remain in Carolina.

LoyalRam

thoey is offline Registered User

Re: *RUMOR* NFL Network: Jenkins To Stay in Carolina

Smoke screens gentleman. Carolina has most likely burnt that bridge. But now is the time for them to make this statement as it will make those that are interested panic a bit.

I will be traveling this weekend and don't know if my vehicle or location will allow me to hear the draft. I would bet $20 that we get Jenkins for a second. As far as the draft goes, I can't say, but I am leaning towards us getting Branch.
    This space for rent...