Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

RUMOR: rams want Lance Moore?

this is from another message board, i know stories like this are skeptical, but this is a slow offseason and any information is good for talk...so heres the quote

"A Rams Insider Tells me...
    Sun Mar-15-09 06:20 PM

The Rams want to make a deal for Saints WR Lance Moore. The Rams want to work out a contract with Moore then offer the Saints a 3rd round pick before signing him.

Take it for what it's worth, but this guy, who's name i can't indulge, has worked for the Rams since they were in LA. He told me about many signings before they were announced and has never passed along false information. Just thought i'd pass it along. "

what do you guys think? ive heard this moore kid is a monster and i wouldent mind giving up a draft pick for him. even a 3rd rounder

Built RAM tough

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: RUMOR: rams want Lance Moore?

He's certainly a player who could be an asset, but I don't know that I'd give up a third round pick for a 5'9 WR who's #s may be inflated by the Drew Brees/Saints offense.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    He's certainly a player who could be an asset, but I don't know that I'd give up a third round pick for a 5'9 WR who's #s may be inflated by the Drew Brees/Saints offense.

Couldnt agree more a 3rd rounder for him is rediculous. I'd rather draft a wr and take my chances thanks but no thanks.
    Just Fix It

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I hope not. I don't think he brings anything to the table we don't already have. I'm less worried about age and experience and more worried about getting some height on the team at wr.

Now instead of a round three pick I would be willing to trade him for a day three pick.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    I hope not. I don't think he brings anything to the table we don't already have. I'm less worried about age and experience and more worried about getting some height on the team at wr.

Now instead of a round three pick I would be willing to trade him for a day three pick.
    I adamantly disagree here. Lance Moore is a prototypical slot receiver, and if this regime wants to develop Avery and Burton as the #1 and #2 guys, then Moore can be a great fit here in the slot. I see alot of New Orleans games, as they are in region, and this guy has real talent - definitely has the ability to a Wes Welker type. Taking a third round chance on finding a wide receiver like this is a gamble at best, and Moore proved he can make big plays last year, finding the end zone 10 times. He also has value as a punt returner ...

I don't know if I'd be willing to give up our third rounder solely as compensation because it is essentially the same as a late second round pick. But I might be willing to give up our third if the Saints were willing to give up a 4th or 5th in return ...
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -03-16-2009 at 01:07 PM.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Is the difference between this guy and derek stanley worth a #3 pick?

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    The Derek Stanley that is coming off of a major knee injury and has 6 career receptions? Moore had more TD's last year (10) than Stanley has total catches in his career ...
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -03-16-2009 at 01:14 PM.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    I adamantly disagree here. Lance Moore is a prototypical slot receiver, and if this regime wants to develop Avery and Burton as the #1 and #2 guys, then Moore can be a great fit here in the slot. I see alot of New Orleans games, as they are in region, and this guy has real talent - definitely has the ability to a Wes Welker type. Taking a third round chance on finding a wide receiver like this is a gamble at best, and Moore proved he can make big plays last year, finding the end zone 10 times. He also has value as a punt returner ...

I don't know if I'd be willing to give up our third rounder solely as compensation because it is essentially the same as a late second round pick. But I might be willing to give up our third if the Saints were willing to give up a 4th or 5th in return ...

I respect your opinion enough to keep an open mind about Lance. If he is great at the slot than maybe he does have value for the Rams. Since we pick so high I wonder if we can convince them to take our 4th round pick. I just looked it up and saw the Saints don't have any 2nd or 3rd round picks this year.

shower beers is offline Registered User

No one has questioned the validity of this so far? Where's Billy Devaney on here when you need him?

This all seems fishy to me.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    The Derek Stanley that is coming off of a major knee injury and has 6 career receptions? Moore had more TD's last year (10) than Stanley has total catches in his career ...
    Great points. IF this is true, it sounds pretty good to me. Any guy that scores a TD every 7.9 catches is worth taking a hard look at.

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Good question! Problem is no one here knows how good or bad this guy is. To heck with stats, there are too many extenuatiing factors to judge off stats alone. If Billy D and Spags think he is worth a #3 then I'm good with it. After all they are being paid very well to sift through a mountain of information to keep abreast of player talent. I could care less how tall Moore is if he can really play, he'll find a way to get it done.

Another thing is: This could be a fall back scenario that would occur on draft day if we can't get a guy we want at #2 or #3. Is Lance still under contract by the way??

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Good question! Problem is no one here knows how good or bad this guy is. To heck with stats, there are too many extenuatiing factors to judge off stats alone. If Billy D and Spags think he is worth a #3 then I'm good with it. After all they are being paid very well to sift through a mountain of information to keep abreast of player talent. I could care less how tall Moore is if he can really play, he'll find a way to get it done.

Another thing is: This could be a fall back scenario that would occur on draft day if we can't get a guy we want at #2 or #3. Is Lance still under contract by the way??
    One play that stands out for Lance Moore is a short slant I saw him catch, then splilt the entire defense and outrun them all on his way to a TD. It looked alot like the Fitzgerald catch and run in the Super Bowl, not that I am comparing him to Fitz, as they are not even remotely the same player ...

If we are deadset on using Avery on the outside as a #1 or #2 option, this is exactly the kind of explosive threat we need in the slot. Moore is one of those players that has game speed. Trust me, he's a major threat out of the slot ...

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

All the Rams are doing here is bringing in a Veteran Reciever one who has played in a playoff game. Remember the Saints did make it to the Championship a couiple years back. Wether he's better than any of our receivers remains to be seen but he would be useful.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    To heck with stats, there are too many extenuatiing factors to judge off stats alone.
    If any stat has legitimate weight, it's TD's.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

lance moore would be a great addition to our team, which is low on wide receiver talent. he knows how to get touchdowns and he could be dangerous in the slot, allowing burton and avery to have more room and giving bulger another quick option in the WCO.
    sign him up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast