Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: RUMOR: rams want Lance Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
    Rookie wideouts in the nfl are boom or bust. You are throwing out names of guys who haven't even caught a ball in this league. Moore is a legit starter in this league. He's 25, fast, runs precise routes and has exquisite hands. In the last few years, name me a second round WR that has outplayed moore.

First off, you can't compare past years if any other years. Every year there are different talents in the draft.

So you think we should give the Saints a second round pick for Moore?

PLus you have the fact that he's in a pass happy offense, he's got Drew Brees, plus the fact that their pass blocking is impressive.

Second round receivers since 2000 that have played well:

Greg Jennings
    Andre Johnson
    Anquan Boldin
    Devery Henderson
    Steve Smith
    Antwaan Randle El
    Chad Johnson
    Deion Branch
    Chris Chambers

Tobias Reiper Guest

You can't have him.
    Besides, he's horrible. Why would you want him?

In all seriousness, Lance Moore has 3 things you want in WR:
    1.- Great hands.
    2.- Great route runner. He's always open and Brees knows Lance's going to be where he's supposed to be.
    3.- I'd guess you'd want this of not just WRs but any football player, character. Lance is an undrafted guy who through hard work and perseverance became an integral part of the highest scoring offense in the league. You'll never hear of Lance Moore until his name is called on gameday.

Sure the Saints are "pass happy" ( there's an argument against that term, but that's not for this forum) , but, to become the #1 WR in an offense like the Saints, even if it is after injury to the #1 WR, tells you the man has skills, because the Saints did not miss a beat after Colston went down.

As for being "worth" a #2 pick, well, in my opinion, pick values are like 40 times at the combine: they both mean diddley-squat once the game starts. The Saints being the highest scoring offense and the #1 and #1a WRs being a 7th rounder out of Hofstra and an undrafted player from Toledo tell me that (and don't get me started on 40 times and Jason David )

Anyway, I'd hate to see Lance go, but if you do get him, you will get a quality WR with great hands, great route running, and an even better attitude.

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

A third rounder seems high for a player of his calibur. I would pass up on the deal unless the Saints are willing to settle for a fourth or a fifth. Other than that, I would take a chance with a late third round WR in the draft.

rubberneck Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    First off, you can't compare past years if any other years. Every year there are different talents in the draft.

So you think we should give the Saints a second round pick for Moore?

PLus you have the fact that he's in a pass happy offense, he's got Drew Brees, plus the fact that their pass blocking is impressive.

Second round receivers since 2000 that have played well:

Greg Jennings
    Andre Johnson
    Anquan Boldin
    Devery Henderson
    Steve Smith
    Antwaan Randle El
    Chad Johnson
    Deion Branch
    Chris Chambers
    It would be nice to show a number of how may receivers have been drafted in the last 8 years. You gave me 1 receiver per year. I bet 40-50 were drafted, with many washing out.

Only half above are legit starters.

Len Pasquarelli from ESPN had this to say:
    "A former undrafted free agent (Toledo), Moore is quick, dynamic and runs precise pass routes. Think of Wes Welker (New England), with more speed and wiggle. We normally don't recommend a player with second-round compensation, BUT MOORE IS MORE ACCOMPLISHED THAN ANY WIDE RECEIVER A TEAM CAN DRAFT IN THE SECOND ROUND. And wide receiver is a position where players don't exactly thrive as rookies. Moore is only 25, and he might be worth sacrificing a No. 2 pick to get. He had 79 catches for 928 yards and 10 touchdowns, playing in all 16 games (six starts), in 2008."
    Last edited by rubberneck; -03-17-2009 at 01:41 PM.

Rams4Life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    No one has questioned the validity of this so far? Where's Billy Devaney on here when you need him?

This all seems fishy to me.

I posted this on the other board. I have no reason to lie. I've been talking to this guy since the late 80's. He has never steered me wrong. He did say the Rams were trying to swing this deal, not that it is definitely going to happen. You don't have to believe it, but I was just trying to pass it along.

RamsFanLSUMan Guest

I'm from the New Orleans area and see this kid play every sunday (not by choice). I like him, think he's legit, but, I wouldn't give a 3rd rounder for him. Not even a 4th rounder. 5th...Maybe. He's good, but you got to throw in the fact he's under a system with Drew Brees at QB.

Tobias Reiper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanLSUMan View Post
    I'm from the New Orleans area and see this kid play every sunday (not by choice). I like him, think he's legit, but, I wouldn't give a 3rd rounder for him. Not even a 4th rounder. 5th...Maybe. He's good, but you got to throw in the fact he's under a system with Drew Brees at QB.

yeah.. a lot of people say that, but what a lot of people don't realize, is that Drew can do 3-4 reads in a couple seconds, and if you ain't open, you ain't getting the ball. Lance gets the ball because he's constantly open, he's where he's supposed to be, and Drew knows that he'll catch it if the ball is anywhere near him.

But hey, I hope that the Rams FO agrees with you. I don't want to see Lance go anywhere. Maybe you guys should try to trade for Devery Henderson.....

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I would rather have K. Britt, P. Harvin, B. Robiski and Hakeem Nicks all possible 2nd round picks.

Anyway, I'd hate to see Lance go, but if you do get him, you will get a quality WR with great hands, great route running, and an even better attitude.

I think any one of these Rookies has the same qualities as Lance Moore but not 5'9".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123