theodus69 is offline Registered User

Rumors,Rumors,Rumors!!!!!

Hey Clan,
    I don't get on much anymore but when I hear something I find the time to
    Call on the Clan.
    I was recently told that Tory Holt didn't fit Linny's offense. then a few days later I hear Holt isn't going to renew his contract after 09'.
    What have you guys heard and is this BS? Holt not fitting the O........BS but was told he is lobbying for the Panthers. I'm a little miffed.

I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

majorram is offline Registered User

Re: Rumors,Rumors,Rumors!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    Hey Clan,
    I don't get on much anymore but when I hear something I find the time to
    Call on the Clan.
    I was recently told that Tory Holt didn't fit Linny's offense. then a few days later I hear Holt isn't going to renew his contract after 09'.
    What have you guys heard and is this BS? Holt not fitting the O........BS but was told he is lobbying for the Panthers. I'm a little miffed.

Just the media pissing around, they have made a meal out of it... as usual, Torry said that he might move home once his contract has finished with the Rams... thats it....

haven't heard about Torry NOT fitting into the O.. thats Crap mate

steve
    "The breakfast Club"

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

It doesn't really make sense that Holt wouldn't fit the scheme Al Saunders is putting into place unless it's because his skills really aren't what they used to be. The rumor that he won't be renewing his contract is not entirely true, either. He said that if the Rams chose to part ways, Carolina would be his first choice destination after that. But that is if he doesn't get re-signed.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

As mentioned, Holt not fitting the scheme? That makes no sense at all.

But him wanting to leave after 09 is true. Depending on his physical form and income, he may renew or leave. Whether retire or move to Carolina, time can only tell.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Considering that the system that is being installed is a form of the one that he was drafted into and won a super bowl with, I think that the idea of him not fitting into the system is bull honky. Furthermore, as one of the best route runners in the league(Bruce and Harrison would be the only two I could think of that could match him), he should be able to fit any system.

As for his end of contract comments, he clearly said that he'd consider any offers from St Louis before anything else, but if he wasn't going to be with the Rams, then he'd want to play with carolina because that's where he's from. I see absolutely nothing wrong with what he said.

mdram is offline Registered User

Its not linhams system anyway. Saunders and Haslett are running the team with lineham as some sort of fiqure head.
    Ih lineham gets off to a bad start Saunders will be our new head coach.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mdram View Post
    Its not linhams system anyway. Saunders and Haslett are running the team with lineham as some sort of fiqure head.
    Ih lineham gets off to a bad start Saunders will be our new head coach.
    But following that logic, then Saunders and /or Haslett should be fired if the Rams get off to a bad start since Linehan has no control of the situation right?

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Chris58 View Post
    But following that logic, then Saunders and /or Haslett should be fired if the Rams get off to a bad start since Linehan has no control of the situation right?
    Linehan will take some share of the responsibility no matter what. If we win, he gets some of the credit. If we lose, he gets some of the blame. That's because his job is to see that it all comes together. In fact, these days that seems to be his only job responsibility.

Haslett creates the defensive playbook and calls the plays on defense.

Saunders creates the offensive playbook and calls the plays on offense.

Haslett is the motivational speaker.

Devaney and Softli manage the personnel side of things.

Linehan presumably game plans and oversees everything.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

T. Holt not fitting into the Rams Scheme? HA! Fact about the NFL, regardless if your a run first offense, you have to pass the ball. Hense need someone who can catch the ball--sounds revolutionary doesn't it.

Fact Holt can catch and can run a dependable rout those are two of the main assets in WR. If perchance where to leave the Rams, he would fit into anyones team, since the marriage of QB and WR is part of every team

shower beers is offline Registered User

erroneous! erroneous on both counts! I think we'll re-sign Holt also. Too good to pass on.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    Linehan will take some share of the responsibility no matter what. If we win, he gets some of the credit. If we lose, he gets some of the blame. That's because his job is to see that it all comes together. In fact, these days that seems to be his only job responsibility.

Haslett creates the defensive playbook and calls the plays on defense.

Saunders creates the offensive playbook and calls the plays on offense.

Haslett is the motivational speaker.

Devaney and Softli manage the personnel side of things.

Linehan presumably game plans and oversees everything.
    You're right GF and so was RD. I was poking fun at the idea that Linehan is the HC but has no function within the organization. I think "overseeing everything" is a pretty big job, actually.

In this day and age, no matter whose fault it is for a team losing, the HC gets fired. Clearly, you can't fire all the players and unless you have an impeccable track record as a HC, if a team has three lousy seasons in a row, the HC will take get canned.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I haven't spoken to Torry Holt personally so this is all what I think is going on. Holt wants out of the Rams organization. He doesn't fit with Linehan. He isn't happy about how Bruce was treated and with Avery and Bennett on the roster he's probably thinking the Rams are going to low ball him at contract time also. I could see that happening. Holt to me is lobbying for a sign and trade deal to Carolina as soon as possible.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

I wonder if anyone fits this offense. kinda like taking of a manufactoring plant that makes countertops and making it convert to toilets. see these guys that make this team are PRO'S and should be able to fill in as they should and make the line work(since our line was the prob last year)Saunders may butt heads with linny if he tries to run a different O. Like he did under Martz.Linny's O looks stale. is it the players or the system? Well for the most part we know the players can play.first 4 games will tell whats up!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!