Traeger25 is offline Registered User

Run to Pass Ratio

So I'm sitting here watching this Eagles-Broncos game and it just made me realize the Broncos extreme focus on the pass game. Yes they do run it every now and then, but they use more outside runs versus right up the gut runs. I don't understand why we haven't tried more to go outside with our backs and their speed. In my opinion our RB's are very similar to the backs that Denver has been using. There really isn't one guy that's a great big power runner, they're all mostly speed guys.

I realize that Sam Bradford isn't Peyton Manning, and the Broncos receivers are a bit more established and experienced (can't comment on the Broncos O-Line), but it sure seems like we have a similar team chemistry to the Broncos. I would love to see this style of offense (what the Broncos are doing) in St. Louis. Rather than use the run to set up the pass, why not vice versa?

Maybe it's just the pieces we have on offense (we have dropped quite a few passes the last two weeks), or maybe it's the lack of creativity/intelligence with our offensive coordinator. All I'm saying is that this is obviously working for the Broncos and other teams out there, so why can't we give it a shot?

Does anyone else think this or am I crazy?

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Run to Pass Ratio

Nope, we drafted Pead but we yet we don't use him for his strengths. I don't know why our offense doesn't do that. It seems our coaching staff is still acclimated to having a Jackson-style runner.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

Traeger25 is offline Registered User

Re: Run to Pass Ratio

I know. I was really expecting to see something this year that resembles what Denver is doing right now. It would make sooooo much more sense than what we are trying to do now. I think you're right with the Jackson thing. But it's weird because the current coaching staff only had him for one year so you would think they would easily be able to switch their philosophy. Maybe it's because they don't know any different...