Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Re: Running is not as simple as giving the ball to Jackson

Wow, you assume alot. As of right now he's not the answer in the Rams current system.

Never said he could not play well. In fact, I would consider Jackson a top 5 RB if he played for a team like the Steelers who run the power game right up the gut.....

So yes... in 1 year I can see that the Rams offensive philosphy does not fit Jackson's strength.. Either the Rams need to change the current offensive philosphy or trade Jackson.....

How much time do you need before you feel comfortable making a decision regarding Jackson. 2 more losing years, 5 more losing years, or maybe 10 more losing years.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS
    Wow, you assume alot. As of right now he's not the answer in the Rams current system.

Never said he could not play well. In fact, I would consider Jackson a top 5 RB if he played for a team like the Steelers who run the power game right up the gut.....

So yes... in 1 year I can see that the Rams offensive philosphy does not fit Jackson's strength.. Either the Rams need to change the current offensive philosphy or trade Jackson.....
    I'm not assuming anything, you said "we know now he's not the answer"

After 1 year we don't know that.

I never said that you said he couldn't play well.

How much time do you need before you feel comfortable making a decision regarding Jackson. 2 more losing years, 5 more losing years, or maybe 10 more losing years.
    So now Jackson has something to do with us losing?? Have you seen our defense lately? Jackson is hardly the cause of our losing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    The backhanded compliments about Austin Davis are amusing.

Fair enough...

Yes, I do feel he's not the answer in this system. He's more of a power back who needs several carries to punish the opposition.

He's not the elusive back that can turn no gainers into a big play......

chris_johnson is offline Registered User

Jackson isn't the problem. Our defense is. If we had a good D then we could run the ball with him. So there ya go.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    what exactly do you want to "trade up" to get reggie bush and the salary cap implications that go with the #1 pick in the draft.

Jackson has a long way to go, but the fact that he isnt marshall faulk or walter payton doesnt make him the problem on our team either. He is a solid young back who will improve. we have a plethora of problems on this team, he isnt one of them. Can he play better-sure.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    GC.Have you had a chance to see Reggie Bush run?

I'd do whatever I had to do to keep him from being Drafted in our division.****** come to mind.

Besides we will be getting a high pick.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    GC.Have you had a chance to see Reggie Bush run?

I'd do whatever I had to do to keep him from being Drafted in our division.****** come to mind.

Besides we will be getting a high pick.

We shouldn't be drafting Bush so that someone in our division doesn't get him. We need to draft for what we need, not to thwart other teams drafts.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Its been done throughout the history of the draft.

Sometimes it can benefit your team.

I wish we would have Drafted Joe Montana,but only hindsight is 20/20.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    Its been done throughout the history of the draft.

Sometimes it can benefit your team.

I wish we would have Drafted Joe Montana,but only hindsight is 20/20.
    Maybe it's been done but our defense is so bad that we can't do it.

Milan is offline Registered User

He maybe not the problem. We now know he's not the answer.

I like Jackson not sure he's a good fit for the Rams. I can see him running the ball wearing black and gold. He fits that syle much better.

The question is do the Rams change thier syle to fit Jackson or do we trade Jackson and go after a player like Bush who would fit the Rams style of wide open offense.....
    So...you want to just trade a really talented young back...to get a draft pick, because we hardly have an O-Line, Jackson has over 1000 Yards this season, and 8 Touchdowns and it's his first season as a starter, he can run and he can catch, he can break tackles and get big yardage, I see no reason to trade him, in my eyes he will make the pro-bowl within the next few years.

In his first year as a starter, Marshall Faulk had 1800 or so Yards and 12 Touchdowns. Jackson is on pace to get over 1100 Rushing yards, and 400 Receiving yards, which is around 1500 yards total, he is also on pace to get 12 Touchdowns in total this season, there is absolutely NO reason to give him up at all.

Milan,

Your probably right....

I guess I just got spoiled too much by Marshall. Other than LT.... Bush is the closest thing to Mashall I've seen.

I've never said Jackson was bad. In fact I can see him playing very well for teams like the Steelers for example. If the Rams decide to dedicate themselves to the running game then what happens to Holt, Bruce, Curtis, McDonald, and Bulger.

Milan is offline Registered User

Milan,

Your probably right....

I guess I just got spoiled too much by Marshall. Other than LT.... Bush is the closest thing to Mashall I've seen.

I've never said Jackson was bad. In fact I can see him playing very well for teams like the Steelers for example. If the Rams decide to dedicate themselves to the running game then what happens to Holt, Bruce, Curtis, McDonald, and Bulger.
    I'd rather they just balance it out, less predictable, less picks, more carries for jackson, more wins.

rammiser is offline Registered User

I can't believe the way people are all over Jackson. I keep hearing he cant turn no gainers into big runs, he's not elusive. I've seen him be very elusive. The problem is the Rams coaches are the ones trying to run sweeps and crap with Jackson. He is between the tackles and off tackle and can be very effective. I think that is where Faulk was also very effective. That crappy sweep play we run never worked with Faulk either. Also expecting Jackson to be Faulk or Peyton is just plain stupid. Jackson doesnt even have 1 full year of starting under his belt and he's our problem? By the way forget Reggie Bush we have no shot at him. When our offensive line actually blocks well i.e. Jags game, Jackson gets room to run and can do major damage. When our o-line plays crappy i.e Cardinals game Jackson has no where to go and niether would Bush,Faulk,Peyton or Jim Brown. The running game requires good blocking unless your Barry Sanders. The statement about how long does it take to make a judgment on Jackson 1,3 5 or ten losing years is maybe the bonehead statement of the year. I think Jackson is going to be very good, and we have much bigger needs than to risk our future on 1 guy like Bush. If we traded up to get Bush an unproven player in the NFL, exactly what does that do for our defense? Great so if Bush is great we will have a great offense and crappy defense, been there done that. Lets get some defensive talent with what we already have on offense and we will be fine.
    Just Fix It

rammiser is offline Registered User

Milan,

Your probably right....

Why do you think if we run a little more Holt,Bruce and Curtis will be phased out? Why can't we be balanced and have all of those weopons work for us? Having a good running game doesnt mean abandoning the passing game.
    Just Fix It

RamTime Guest

Just give the damn ball to Jackson!!!!!!

Most of you here know football better than these so called media experts.

For teams to keep running the ball they need the following:

1) A very solid defense
    2) An OL and a RB who consistently gets positive yards
    3) An offensive unit who is very efficent in completing 3rd and short yards....

4) And most important they need the game to be close.

For most of this season the Rams are 0-4.

So whether it's Vitt or Martz the Rams need to improve the running game by improving the D. A better D will Jackson more oppurtuninties........
    Well said but to many times fans simply repeat what they hear in the media. It makes you want to pull your hair out.

Balance would be very nice. That works well for me.

I was thinking more along the lines of a power running game like the steelers. That kind of offense does not taylor to the strength of this team which is Holt, Bruce, Curtis, and Bulger.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12