Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Torain RB

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Ryan Torain RB

This guy has talent just been injury prone. Was released by Denver due to crowded backfield.

This could be a cheap back up for Jackson with alot of upside. Rather bring him here than have to trade for an aging Jones.

Go Rams

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Ryan Torain RB

I'd be fine with it. He's a better talent than we currently have. As a backup, he might be able to stay healthy no less!

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Lets get this guy signed so we can cross RB off of the team needs list!

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Offers alot of the same thing Kenneth Darby does, I'd rather go after a bruiser.

Then who is available now that will not cost you draft pick and big $. If you know one then lets get him. If not then lets bring this guy in.

Go Rams

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

why do you think we need Ryan Torain in the first place? He is pretty much permanantly injured, and we already have Steven Jackson, Ken Darby, Sam Gado and Antonion Pittman

is he going to come in and be a better back up to Jackson then Darby or Gado? probably not

cfh128 is offline Registered User

No thanks. This guy had the injury bug in college and got hurt again as soon as he got a chance in the big leagues. Until he proves he can stay healthy for more than a few months, I'll pass.

So you are you happy with Gado, Darby, and Pittman if SJax gets injured?

I am not and Torian has a lot of upside when healthy. Probably has more talent than all those backups put together.

I guess if you feel comfortable with those bums then your right why take a chance on Torain. However, some of feel we need some talent in the backfield and Torian has it the question is can he stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    He is pretty much permanantly injured, and we already have Steven Jackson, Ken Darby, Sam Gado and Antonion Pittman

is he going to come in and be a better back up to Jackson then Darby or Gado? probably not
    Permanently injured? what does that mean? Is Jackson permanently injured because he's been injured more seasons than not? What does this mean? Please explain cause it makes no sense to me????

When healthy Torian is a better back than Darby and Gado IMHO. It seems you believe otherwise.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    why do you think we need Ryan Torain in the first place? He is pretty much permanantly injured,
    Agreed

Your excellent point is what I don't understand. Backups who are obvious and recognized injury risks sort of defeat the purpose since they will be called upon when / if the starter goes down.

How do we know Torian is better than Darby? He hasn't been healthy enough to play.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Broken elbow, torn ACL, and now a sprained knee......all in 12 months. Wonder how bad his current injury is?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

shower beers is offline Registered User

I don't think we're going top bring in anyone this late and try to learn a new offense when we have three other guys of (arguably) equal talent levels trying to do the same thing. There's no room on the roster for him right now. We need that spot for a DT, in my opinion.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post

I am not and Torian has a lot of upside when healthy. Probably has more talent than all those backups put together.

I guess if you feel comfortable with those bums then your right why take a chance on Torain. However, some of feel we need some talent in the backfield and Torian has it the question is can he stay healthy.
    How can you be so sure Torain is better than all those backs put together? You seem to have a lot of confidence in a guy who has 69 total career yards.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

When healthy Torian is a better back than Darby and Gado IMHO. It seems you believe otherwise.

"When healthy" being the key point there. Problem is, he isnt healthy.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

One, you can't even spell his name right ...

It's TORAIN ...

Second, you have got to be kidding. TORAIN has done or proven nothing. He's more talented that any of the guys we have? How so? Please explain why this is the case ...

Let's see, TORAIN has proven he cannot stay healthy in the league. That's all he has up to this point ...

Darby has proven to be a hard nosed runner, have good hands out the backfield, shown to be excellent at blitz pickup, and can return kicks ...

Pittman at least has some NFL game experience and showed he is tough enough to play hurt last season. Has shown some quickness and shiftiness when healthy ...

Gado is an established NFL player, can play both RB and FB, and is very intelligent. He clocked 4.43 40's ...

And back to TORAIN, he has shown what? Yes, nothing. He's in the absolute bottom tier of backs in the league, because he is nothing more than a PROJECTED talent. Gotta stay healthy to be on the field, and even then, no guarantee he'll succeed. So many "talented" backs have failed in this league due to a lack of patience or intelligence ...

So sure, lets take a chance on an injured, unproven player when we have plenty of hard working, talented guys in camp that deserve a chance ...
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -08-13-2009 at 12:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast