RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

S. Jackson Rushing title?

Do you guys think that Steven Jackson has a chance of winning the Rushing Title? I mean if he keeps this up I think he could. 100yds a game= 1,600yds

RamsFan16

maineram is offline Registered User

Re: S. Jackson Rushing title?

That line will need to come around considerably for him to get the rushing title. And after the Charger game...I'd say that be NO !

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

STLRAMSFAN Guest

I dont see it, when other teams get pressure blitzing Martz will try to throw his way out of it. When other teams are not he will throw and on occasion run. We dont have the scheme of a Denver who can throw in any running back and get 100 yds per game. We have not been in the top in rushing in a long time even when Faulk was at his best. Faulk at his best gained alot of his all purpose yards receiving on short passes. For him to average a 100 yds per game he would need to average 25 carries at 4 yds per carry or 20 carries at 5yds per carry. With touches needing to go to Bruce, Holt, Faulk, and others I dont see him getting that. I like the guy alot and I think he has a load of talent. But I also think we have more offensive weapons then any other team in the NFL and a head coach that loves the passing game.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

In a word, no. With mixing Faulk into the rotation, I just don't see it happenin. Add in Martz's propensity to call pass plays and there you are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

It won't happen until our O Line is improved. Also, it will take a drastic change in philosophy on Martz's part...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRamFan
    It won't happen until our O Line is improved. Also, it will take a drastic change in philosophy on Martz's part...
    I know our line is bad but he is doing good everygame with this bad line
    RamsFan16

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    I know our line is bad but he is doing good everygame with this bad line
    I agree and the potential is there for a rushing title. He is a powerful and speedy threat; great runner. However, Barron needs to be in place and have his technique down before that can happen. In addition, as has been stated, we have too many weapons to go to and Martz thinks pass first and run second...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Ya. But look how good he has done with this line this year
    RamsFan16

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Ya. But look how good he has done with this line this year
    It's not a question of his performance, which has been wonderful. It's a question of his total attempts. To win the title, he will probably need about 350 carries. If Jackson is healthy that is roughly 22 carries per game. That's a full 3 attempts per game more than Faulk averaged in his highest attempt year with Martz.

It's a great goal for SJ to shoot for, but I don't think this offense lends itself to that many carries.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Do you guys think that Steven Jackson has a chance of winning the Rushing Title? I mean if he keeps this up I think he could. 100yds a game= 1,600yds
    And an additional thought...I don't think 1600 will get the title. Over the past 5 years, 1600 yards would have won him only one title (Holmes '99 - 1555 yards), but would have placed him 4th in '04, 5th in '03, 4th in '02, and 2nd in '00.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

BBlades89 is offline Registered User

I don't think he'll get it this year, but I do think he'll have a great year. I'm sure you can look at my old posts on this subject, because I can't remember the exact #s I predicted. I think they were around 1400 yds and 12 TDs

Nice Jacket

coy bacon is offline Registered User

"Scotty, do you think Jackson will get the title this year?"
    "Beggin your pardon Captain, but are ye runnin out of oxygen? You've been out there a long time and we're beginin to think your air is runnin low. We're preparing to beam you down Captain."

I think he has a better chance than he did last year.
    RamsFan16

RealRam is offline Registered User

This season will certainly provide a better 'chance', as you put it, RF16. :football:

Nonetheless, I agree with (part of) the consensus here: much depends on the successess / failures of our OL.

A much more feasible goal will be to reach the 1000 + yds. for the year -- and the 12 TDs that BBlades89 predicts would be nice too ... minimum, okay?

Provided we keep SJ and The Marshall healthy, I believe Coach Martz will crank up the running game considerably, thus improving No. 39's production via battering ram.

It seems he has the knack or the hunger or the what-have-you to break away and run up the yards by respectable gains.

Go Stevieeeee! Learn from The Marshall and put those horns to good use! :angryram:

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Jackson most definitely has the potential, but unless Jolly John Robinson makes a comeback as head coach, it's not likely.