Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rambos is online now Registered User

Itís pre-season football

Lets not panic, it pre-season football, we only rushed four sent very few blitzes and played off their WR, we played it soft. I know it sucks to watch a game like that and that is why I did not go to the game, its pre-season football. Itís nice to win the game but itís better to evaluate players you need to make a decision on, itís pre-season football. No one got hurt itís pre-season football. Our first round pick got in his first game itís pre-season football. We did not even play our back up QB itís pre-season football. We kicked on on-side kick off with the game in the balance itís pre-season football. We through a pic with time winding down in the 1st half, deep on our side of the field itís pre-season football. We had two rookies on the O-line playing together itís pre-season football.

Just try and remember itís pre-season football.

Re: Itís pre-season football

I would agree but hell, its hard to watch running backs do to us what they did to us the last game of the season ......................

very hard

I hear you, it was not fun thats for sure, all I am saying is it's practice. Sometimes it goes the other way, we look like world beater and don’t consider it's the other teams 2's and 3’s we are beating up on.

rampete is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos
    Lets not panic, it pre-season football, we only rushed four sent very few blitzes ... We had two rookies on the O-line playing together itís pre-season football.

comforting thoughts for sure...or is it?
    i'd have to disagree with you on the "very few blitzes" by marmie and co...the safeties were blitzing virtually every passing down in the 2nd quarter...little and hargrove generated very little pressure on brees in the 1st quarter...

the two rookies stand a good chance of improving during the course of the season but i can't help but imagine bulger getting crippled when one or both of these rookie o-lineman make a mistake against a veteran dline in a passing play...

I started to see some blitzes late in the 2nd after we kicked the on-side kick. We held them to three on that drive. The first unit look soft to me at the beginning of the game, I think they started to blitz when it started to get ugly.

I agree the rookies up front could get someone hurt, maybe Martz wonít let Barron play this year or very little. With all the D-linemen we have been taking in the draft over the last few years, an O-linemen or two should have been a consideration. Taking a QB and making him WR, taking RB at number one when you have a Marshal and Iím not taking about Jackson, Trung. It takes time to get these big guys up to speed.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Wasn't San Diego Playing Pre-season football too?

Why did we play this Pre-season football in the 2nd round of the playoffs last year? It looked eerilly familar.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

I was at the game Sunday and to me it wasn't as bad as it looked. The thing that kept popping up in my head is that Martz is a poker player and he is not showing his cards. Yes the long runs looked like heck, but remember we have two new linebackers to this team. The other thing is that this series goes back a long time. There were a lot of us California Rams fans out there and I think the Chargers have always felt less than and needed to prove something to themselves. It's like the younger brother trying to pick a fight with the older brother, it makes him feel tough, but in actuality the older brother is just letting him win for a while....:bored:

I almost forgot, the car that caught on fire in the parking lot was pretty cool, it looked like it toasted a couple others by it as well. Note: Do not put your BBQ in the car before the coals have gone out!
    Last edited by MoonJoe; -08-23-2005 at 01:19 AM.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

I was at the game too! There were alot of Ram Fans. In some parts of the stadium it looked as if there were more of us. Just shows the Rams have alot of support in So. Cal.

Cya in AZ we get alot of Blue and gold there too!

Field Section 11 at Sunday's game

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

:mask: hone: :moon: :bling: :sad: :football: I LIKE THE SMILEYS WISH I CAN GET THESE ON MY MAC FOR EMAILS.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer
    Cya in AZ we get alot of Blue and gold there too!
    We have 30 coming in for the game in az (game two) I will let you know what we are doing for a tailgate ................ better still, have you got one organized???? mmmmm

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos
    Lets not panic, it pre-season football, we only rushed four sent very few blitzes and played off their WR, we played it soft. I know it sucks to watch a game like that and that is why I did not go to the game, its pre-season football. Itís nice to win the game but itís better to evaluate players you need to make a decision on, itís pre-season football. No one got hurt itís pre-season football. Our first round pick got in his first game itís pre-season football. We did not even play our back up QB itís pre-season football. We kicked on on-side kick off with the game in the balance itís pre-season football. We through a pic with time winding down in the 1st half, deep on our side of the field itís pre-season football. We had two rookies on the O-line playing together itís pre-season football.

Ya its Preseason but they Ran all over us when WE had our 1st String D in
    RamsFan16

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Some of our first string D with a vanilla scheme going.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

owell it was still our first string D
    RamsFan16

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I almost forgot, the car that caught on fire in the parking lot was pretty cool, it looked like it toasted a couple others by it as well. Note: Do not put your BBQ in the car before the coals have gone out!
    It was eight cars total. Good thing the lot was full, had to take the trolley. Drinking and BBQing in stadium parking lots don't mix.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Here is why it's not big deal, yeah with out a real game plan they had two big running plays on us for TD’s. And we had two nice drives in a row for TD’s on them. We’ll never know if we can make the adjustments and contain the run or if they will be able to make the adjustments and contain our passing game. We’ll never know because in the preseason, we all know, we are more interested in player evaluation then winning the game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast