Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brain Daddy is offline Registered User

Re: Sad end to a breakout season for Long.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    As for Mike Singlecrappy, I would careless if he got hit by a bus while crossing the street tonight. The fact that his wide receivers had to practically beg to get him to play Bruce, and then seeing this piece of crap blitzing corners and safeties at the end of the game despite the fact that our line was totally depleted is just plain asinine. Tired of looking at the smug piece of crap.
    That's ridiculous. The Rams were only down by 15. What was Singletary supposed to do, rush 3 every down? That's how you blow a lead. All it would've taken was 1 big play and the Rams are back in the game. He did what he should've done - tried to pressure the QB to push the other team back down the field, force turnovers, and otherwise try to secure the win.

I didn't buy him as a quarterback. He's just so stiff, especially when he drops back to pass. Really stiff. He reminds me of Kurt Warner.
    -- Kevan Barlow on Adam Sandler's performance in The Longest Yard

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    You quoted my post so I'm assuming you read it, right?
    I just hate it that Chris gets a pass as being alittle "OVERZEALOUS" , doing the same exact offense as Ritchie; however, Ritchie's not called overzealous, he's a knucklehead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    I just hate it that Chris gets a pass as being alittle "OVERZEALOUS" , doing the same exact offense as Ritchie; however, Ritchie's not called overzealous, he's a knucklehead.
    I guess we disagree on the intent, which I have no problem with. I cetainly didn't give Long a pass as I made the point that he needs to be more restrained in the future and that headbutts, regardless of intent are not the way. Hope that clears things up from my perspective.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I guess we disagree on the intent, which I have no problem with. I cetainly didn't give Long a pass as I made the point that he needs to be more restrained in the future and that headbutts, regardless of intent are not the way. Hope that clears things up from my perspective.
    I gotcha, Mike, just trying to make a case for Cogs.
    As for Chris Long, he's still a Ram, never could have imaged he would sort of lose it as he did today. He mostlikely was provoked by those stinkin Niners, which in this case they had it coming. Maybe we've seen a little mean streak coming out today from C-Long and maybe its a good thing! Anytime Chris want to get overzealous on a Niner, he'll get a free pass by me!
    One thing that has impressed me about Chris, since coming into the league he rarely misses gametime and he is progressing slowly but surely. Chris brokeout all the frustrations Ramnation have been feeling the past few years.
    Last edited by dgr828; -01-03-2010 at 11:22 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

macrammer is offline Registered User

Headbutts have no place on the field by anyone. You need to have more mental toughness to handle the physical nature of the game. I say tois and feel this way no matter who the offender is. Long was out of line and should be tougher then letting the pushing around get to him. Now, Cogs did these type of things much more frequently. The last game as a Ram, he really hurt our chances very early in the game taking us out of a rare offensive rythm. Long, at the butt end (no pun intended) of a 1-15 season and 1-26 stretch, head butted with 2 minutes left in game 16. I can imagine he was instantly sorry he did so. I do not recall any other timne in Longs' two years as a pro that he has displayed this typeof behavior. I will go out on a limb and say we have seen the last of his head butrting antics.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I gotcha, Mike, just trying to make a case for Cogs.
    As for Chris Long, he's still a Ram, never could have imaged he would sort of lose it as he did today. He mostlikely was provoked by those stinkin Niners, which in this case they had it coming. Maybe we've seen a little mean streak coming out today from C-Long and maybe its a good thing! Anytime Chris want to get overzealous on a Niner, he'll get a free pass by me!
    One thing that has impressed me about Chris, since coming into the league he rarely misses gametime and he is progressing slowly but surely. Chris brokeout all the frustrations Ramnation have been feeling the past few years.
    I think it's safe to say we're all a bit testy today.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I think the difference between Long and Incognito is that Long has already shown himself to be a better player than Incognito.

Long has also never had multiple penalties in one game that sucked the life out of our team.

Long is also clearly frustrated with a the losing season, whereas Richie showed he couldnt care less about the Rams

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I was surprised to see him ejected. He had not got called for anything before that and it was not that that much of a headbutt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Brain Daddy View Post
    That's ridiculous. The Rams were only down by 15. What was Singletary supposed to do, rush 3 every down? That's how you blow a lead. All it would've taken was 1 big play and the Rams are back in the game. He did what he should've done - tried to pressure the QB to push the other team back down the field, force turnovers, and otherwise try to secure the win.
    I'm not blaming Singletary, but the Rams had a punt returned to just inside the 49er 20 and came away with a field goal. With that offense, a 15 point lead is insurmountable late in the 4th.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

It was disappointing to see Long make such a silly decision after building such progress throughout the season. Long had a tremendous second half and this put a black spot on it. It'll be forgotten though because I don't think it's who he really is.

Incognito was forgiven repeatedly for similar offenses before it became serious. If Long does it 6 more times over the next 3 years, I'll agree he should be cut.

Brain Daddy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    I'm not blaming Singletary, but the Rams had a punt returned to just inside the 49er 20 and came away with a field goal. With that offense, a 15 point lead is insurmountable late in the 4th.
    It doesn't all have to come from the offense. Who knows, maybe Jackson breaks a big TD run or one of our corners slips and leaves a receiver wide open for a TD, and then there's a fumble on the ensuing kickoff and the Rams run it back for a TD. Or Smith throws a pick six. At that point you could suddenly have a tied ballgame. Yeah, it's pretty unlikely, but it's the NFL and stranger things have happened. No matter how bad the other team is, leaving the door open for them to come back is how you lose games.

I didn't buy him as a quarterback. He's just so stiff, especially when he drops back to pass. Really stiff. He reminds me of Kurt Warner.
    -- Kevan Barlow on Adam Sandler's performance in The Longest Yard

shower beers is offline Registered User

We're complaining about teams not going easy on us...

First is started off with a maybe justifiable situation against the Titans, later it came against a less necessary situation against the *****...

Has it really come to this? I don't think we should feel angry that teams turned it off against us. Playing tough the whole game to me, seems like a sign of respect. A respect of our abilities as a team, and our ability to play against those teams. A team turning off their game shows signs of disrespect to me. They don't think we're capable of performing against them, so they're showing pity against us. I for one would not wish for this. I would wish for respect, which is what i think was given to us.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

How can you blame Cogs and give Chris a pass, its basically the same situation. Cogs headbutts the opposition and he's a headcase, but Chris does the very same thing.....But oh!, he's just taking one for the team!!! Double standard for sure.
    I'm having a hard time believing that even you believe what you posted here.

Cogs was a problem from day 1 with the Rams. He avoided playing hurt, and had multiple dumb penalties.

Chris Long has been a model player.

You can't seriously equate the two.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

When did Cogs avoid playing hurt? I don't see how it isn't equal when a player headbutts another. The only difference is the number of times it's done. One was a routine, another is a single offense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12