RamWraith is offline Registered User

Sad news on an ex-Ram

Panthers | Fields to Miss 2005 Season, Condition Update - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 5 May 2005 10:17:46 -0700

Pat Yasinskas, of the Charlotte Observer, reports Carolina Panthers LB Mark Fields (Hodgkin's disease) has been diagnosed with a reoccurrence of Hodgkin's disease, according to his agent, Jim Steiner, and will not play in 2005. Fields will begin chemotherapy in the near future and hopes to return in 2006. "Mark would like everyone to know that he considers this "blip" in his recovery a minor setback and that his expectations are to return to the field for the 2006 season," Steiner said.

general counsel Guest

Re: Sad news on an ex-Ram

Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. Football is the least of the issues now. I am always suspicious regarding public statements on health situation, i just hope that he comes through it all ok.

ramming speed to mr fields,

general counsel

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Sad to see this happen to a class-act and a stand-up guy like Mark Fields. Here's to a quick and full recovery for a former Ram.

maineram is offline Registered User

And on the heels of his mentor in Carolina, Mills' passing. This has got to be a huge mental gut check for Fields. I suppose he always new it could rear it's ugly head again... what a shame. I'll be saying a big prayer for him and his family this weekend in the high country. Too many stars to ever count...carrying the message to whomever will hear.

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by maineram
    And on the heels of his mentor in Carolina, Mills' passing. This has got to be a huge mental gut check for Fields. I suppose he always new it could rear it's ugly head again... what a shame. I'll be saying a big prayer for him and his family this weekend in the high country. Too many stars to ever count...carrying the message to whomever will hear.

Maineram -
    That is sad because I'm still a Mark Fields fan,and not just his being a football player.His fight to beat the disease has given him alot of fans Maineram I'll be praying with you.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild