Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FestusRam

Thread: Safety Srewart Won't Play vs. *****

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Safety Srewart Won't Play vs. *****

Safety Stewart won't play vs. *****

BY JIM THOMAS
    Friday, December 2, 2011

Rams safety Darian Stewart, who suffered a concussion in last Sunday's 23-20 loss to Arizona, said he will not play in this week's game at San Francisco.

"It's just one of those things where you have to be safe and be smart," Stewart said Friday. "And I feel like it's best that I don't go this week."

Stewart suffered the concussion in pursuit of Arizona running back Beanie Wells on Wells' 53-yard run with 6 minutes left in the fourth quarter. The play set up what proved to be the game-winning field goal by Cardinals kicker Jay Feely, snapping a 20-20 tie.

Stewart suffered the concussion unsuccessfully trying to bring Wells down. "I believe it was a knee or the ground that caught me _ I'm not sure," Stewart said.

Stewart experienced symptoms early in the week _ a headache and dizziness _ and has yet to be cleared for contact.

"I still have the impact test to do (before being cleared), which I'll probably do Monday," Stewart said. "With those concussions, it's my first, and I know that it's something that can keep coming back from what people tell me. So I want to be smart with it."

Craig Dahl is expected to start in Stewart's place against the *****. Stewart and Dahl were engaged in a tight battle for the starting job at strong safety in the preseason and early in the regular season, but Stewart has started the past seven games and has been an improving player.

"Each week, week-in, week-out, I'm feeling more and more comfortable," Stewart said. "Just getting to the ball, having fun."

Stewart is tied for second on the team with free safety Quintin Mikell in tackles, with 67. The second-year pro from South Carolina recorded a sack in each of the Rams' last two games _ against Seattle and Arizona _ and returned his first career interception for a victory-clinching touchdown against New Orleans on Oct. 30.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Re: Safety Srewart Won't Play vs. *****

Over time evolution has evolved me to grow immune to Rams injuries...its just part of nature at this point
    RKDfan likes this.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

This kid was an excellent find by Devaney. This kid brings great physicality to the safety position.

Trevor is offline Registered User

Rising star in the making and has been filling in nicely for Otogwe. Earlier this year when the Rams let Otogwe walk I was furious and actually posted a comment "Are we seriously replacing Otogwe with Stewart?" Guess I was wrong.