Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Saffold

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Saffold

Three false starts today. At least two false starts in the last game against the Redskins. I am ready to drive to St. Louis and tazer his false-starting ass. Is he getting coached by Alex Barron?
    ZiaRam likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rayzorram is offline Registered User

Re: Saffold

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    Three false starts today. At least two false starts in the last game against the Redskins. I am ready to drive to St. Louis and tazer his false-starting ass. Is he getting coached by Alex Barron?
    While you are in the tazing mood why don't you taze Smith who will probably be lying on the trainers table next to Saffold

BEER is offline Registered User

He was drafted to be a right tackle. But we drafted Smith to be our long time left tackle. Go figure.

Poor drafting and poor manegment... Draft picks down the drain again, or out of position, one or the other.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Is my memory wrong, or didn't Saffold play MUCH better as a rookie? It's mind boggling to see such a regression. It's pretty depressing that with the 2 high picks spent on tackles, that we still need 2. You're probably not gonna get a starting LT outside of R1 probably, and we need a receiver there, so unless we sign a FA LT in the off-season it'll still gonna be a need next year.
    ZiaRam likes this.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Saffold and Smith have picked up the drive killing slack left by Barron. Not being able to execute the one thing they have complete control over is inexcusable.

BEER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Saffold and Smith have picked up the drive killing slack left by Barron. Not being able to execute the one thing they have complete control over is inexcusable.
    Again, is it lack of talent or is it coaching? Or both.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    Again, is it lack of talent or is it coaching? Or both.
    It doesn't take talent to go on the snap. If anything, it's a lack of discipline by Saffold and Smith, with a lack of accountability by the coaching staff. I'm thinking a Marine Corps Drill Sgt needs to be brought in for practices.
    ManofGod and ZiaRam like this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    I second this... at first I thought Alex Barron was one the team again until I seen the name on the back of his jersey...

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I'm thinking a Marine Corps Drill Sgt needs to be brought in for practices.
    Ewww Rahhh

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Saffold seems to weak to play in the NFL, and Smith seems to slow and clumsy. Ironic because Smith was deemed to be an athletic former tight end, and Saffold was supposed to be a solid tackle with a good center of gravity.

Our tackles got manhandled.

rayzorram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Saffold seems to weak to play in the NFL, and Smith seems to slow and clumsy. Ironic because Smith was deemed to be an athletic former tight end, and Saffold was supposed to be a solid tackle with a good center of gravity.

I wasn't able to watch the game but did follow it on Espn gamecast I don't recall hearing of Bradford being sacked. I'm assuming that you are referring to run blocking because it seems we did have a decent passing game inspite of alot of dropped passes.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post

I remember Mel Kiper, and everyone in the world was praising the Rams for picking Smith, saying that he was a "can't miss" tackle, how had "tremendous upside", and would "only get better"....yeah right!

Quote Originally Posted by rayzorram View Post
    I wasn't able to watch the game but did follow it on Espn gamecast I don't recall hearing of Bradford being sacked. I'm assuming that you are referring to run blocking because it seems we did have a decent passing game inspite of alot of dropped passes.
    Bradford was sacked 3 times, 2 of which he got punished hard. And when he did not get sacked, the pocket was less than ideal. Our linemen seriously cannot do a thing right.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

I remember before the season started we all thought we had put togerther one of the best offensive lines in the league. Now, in such a short time we see we somehow put together one of the worst lines. Our bookend tackles who were supposed to protect Bradford for the next 10 years cant even do it for 1 game. I pray and hope they get there act together. These penalties are rediculous, drive killing and totally a major part of there regression this year. sad...sad doesnt even begin to describe these guys.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Yea, they suck, let's kill 'em, blah, blah, blah.

Ok, now for folks who want to seriously look at this.....

There's something on a large scale going on here. These two OBVIOUSLY don't suck. They OBVIOUSLY can play their positions. Because they did so quite well just last year!

So what has changed from last year to this year? That is what needs to be answered.
    TekeRam likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Yea, they suck, let's kill 'em, blah, blah, blah.

Ok, now for folks who want to seriously look at this.....

There's something on a large scale going on here. These two OBVIOUSLY don't suck. They OBVIOUSLY can play their positions. Because they did so quite well just last year!

So what has changed from last year to this year? That is what needs to be answered.
    What changed? They are facing better talent this year. The offense is changed. Instead of requiring them to only give Bradford like 2 short seconds, they are required to to give him a bit more time.

Have they stepped up to the challenge? Frankly, no. They are showing that facing above average players and being asked to block in an actual NFL offense that is not a dink-n-dunk, they cannot block. So maybe they aren't as good as we all thought they were.
    laram0 and mh-i like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast