Thread: Saffold

kman is offline Registered User

Saffold

what do you guys think, you thinik Saffold will be that unhappy if he moves to right tackle? Wasnt he orignally brought in to be RT unitl Smith stunk up the place? Its not like he s a perennial pro bowl;er at LT..Fisher said he talked to Roger so Im satisified it can work out. although i dont want to lose him to free agency next year, bc that kind of defeats brinigng in Long IMO

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Saffold

Nonsense. Long is a big upgrade over Saffold. If Saffold leaves, the Rams have many draft picks to fill the RT spot.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Re: Saffold

Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    what do you guys think, you thinik Saffold will be that unhappy if he moves to right tackle? Wasnt he orignally brought in to be RT unitl Smith stunk up the place? Its not like he s a perennial pro bowl;er at LT..Fisher said he talked to Roger so Im satisified it can work out. although i dont want to lose him to free agency next year, bc that kind of defeats brinigng in Long IMO
    From the Fisher FA update posted in another thread:

- In a related issue, it was reported Wednesday that current LT Rodger Saffold would ask the Rams for a trade if they asked him to move to RT. Fisher said he’s already discussed the matter with Saffold himself and that he doesn’t view it as being a problem.

“We had discussions with Rodg, not his agent,” Fisher said. ”And what I’m concerned about right now is Rodger. And Rodger’s fine.”

Sounds to me like Fisher is clearly implying that the trade demand rumor came from his agent, not Saffold. Saffold will be up for a new deal & LTs are generally paid nearly double the going rate for RTs so I can't even blame the agent; it's his job to look after the financial interests of his client.