throwback week

keith m. klink Guest

a saftey in mind

i know it is still the season , and everyone knows things will change , but , the rams are in store for some players , DE's - WR - OT's - LB . I KNOW WE NEED TO TARGET a DE or a OT , in the first 2 rounds , but when do we get the others . i have been keeping tab's on this kid from LSU , a safety named STELTZ . this kid flies around like his ass is on fire , and always seems to be around the ball making tackles . does anyone else have this kid on their draft radar . i don't know what a lot of you see or look for , but here are a few guy's i like alot .

RIVERS -LB- USC
    L. JACKSON -DE-USC
    J.HESTER -RB - LSU
    STELTZ - S -LSU
    DORSEY -DL -LSU -the drop off of play , i think , is the knee injury . come combine time , i think he could be a player . but i would rather have DE- CHRIS LONG .

J.MAYO -LB-TENNESSEE
    C.LOFTON - LB -OKLAHOMA
    B.ALBERT -G -VIRGINIA

THIS IS JUST SOME of the guy's i see as being players . back too work , work work work . 5-months till draft day . here's too hoping for some FO- and coaching help .

chipperjones Guest

Re: a saftey in mind

I like Dorsey as well. Lofton looks like he'll be a nice player...I hate him though for that int against Mizzou last night. I love watching Hester as well, but we spent a second round pick on our Jacob Hester last year. I wouldnt mind having Jackson or Mayo as well. Sounds like you like LSU.

ramhard is offline Registered User

STELTZ can't cover

Steltz is a liability in college in coverage, he'd be hardpressed to cover in the NFL (think a slower Archuleta). The Rams need roving safeties that can cover AND tackle.

prof22693 is offline Registered User

Hester is great, but I think we are set at RB. I would hope to get Dorsey, but I wonder if the Dolphins would take him, seeing as they will almost certainly get the #1 pick. When Dorsey was injured, it made a huge difference to that LSU defense. He's great. But Chris Long may be a better option for us as a DE/OLB, and since we just picked up Clifton Ryan (who I like alot) and A. Carriker.

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by prof22693 View Post
    Hester is great, but I think we are set at RB. I would hope to get Dorsey, but I wonder if the Dolphins would take him, seeing as they will almost certainly get the #1 pick. When Dorsey was injured, it made a huge difference to that LSU defense. He's great. But Chris Long may be a better option for us as a DE/OLB, and since we just picked up Clifton Ryan (who I like alot) and A. Carriker.
    I think the last part of what you said is the key. We have Carriker and Ryan. DT, IMO isn't the glaring hole that it has been in the past. A good pass rushing DE would be first on my list, then maybe a Safety or CB.

Drew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by prof22693 View Post
    Hester is great, but I think we are set at RB. I would hope to get Dorsey, but I wonder if the Dolphins would take him,
    its pretty hard to guess where Cam "the cam" Cam...will go with their first pick...who would have thought theyd take Ginn at 9th overall in april ?
    when not only was Quinn available but about 30 others that were better prospects...

TekeRam is offline Registered User

To defend Cam Cameron, Beck has done more this year than Quinn...

LARAM is offline Registered User

I like the idea of trading down with Dallas, and snatching up #25, #30,........and having presumably #33 if we end up picking 2nd in the draft order.......Remember New England forfeits their pick.

I know Jake Long, Glenn Dorsey, and Chris Long are top prospects.....but imagine the value we could get.....some possibilities for our first three picks, if a trade was managed are:

Sam Baker OL, USC
    Early Doucet WR, LSU.....
    Quentin Groves DE, Auburn
    Jeff Otah OL, Pitt.....6'6 340lbs.........Oh my god!!!!!!
    Tony Hills OL, Texas
    Ali Highsmith OLB, LSU
    Keith Rivers OLB, USC
    Roy Schuening OL, Oregon St.
    Frank Okam DT, Texas
    Barry Richardson OT, Clemson
    Limas Sweed WR, Texas
    Derrick Harvey DE/OLB, Florida
    Gosder Cherilus OT, Boston College
    Lawrence Jackson DE, USC

Then for a 3rd round pick, I like any of the following LSU players

Craig Steltz
    Jonathan Zenon
    Chevis Jackson

and Maybe Jacob Hester for a 4th round pick ....I like LSU too.....But priorities first

moloch41 Guest

Re: STELTZ can't cover

Quote Originally Posted by ramhard View Post
    Steltz is a liability in college in coverage, he'd be hardpressed to cover in the NFL (think a slower Archuleta).
    Hey, Archuleta was a "lovie-type player"!!! Oh wait, that's means he CAN'T cover or tackle...my mistake. Carry on...

keith m. klink Guest

oh , i know , i have no DT's on my draft board for the rams , unless we traded way down and a DORSEY fell way down . but i want a DE in the first , a WR -OT -S combo in rd's 2-4 . but now the rams are looking at TODD BOUMAN a QB who use to play for linehan and haslett as a emergency pickup . so now , are the rams looking for a rookie in the 3-6 round area to mold or maybe BOUMAN sends BERLIN packing and is the # 2 or 3 next year .

PHAT-MONEY Guest

Arch could takle the hell out of you if he didint miss so much, hard hitter AZ states best ever

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    To defend Cam Cameron, Beck has done more this year than Quinn...
    You know Quinn hasn't played right?

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

I know this thread is about the draft, but what about trying our own Bassey as a back up safety?

RealRam is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhal5569 View Post
    I know this thread is about the draft, but what about trying our own Bassey as a back up safety?

Great question, Mik. Bassey is quietly catching some attention and maybe, just maybe, could become a reliable S after transitioning from CB. Seems to have good quicknes (Special Teams), size and instinct.

To me, Eric Bassey is one of those players that all of a sudden comes from nowhere, so to speak, and suddenly can make an impression. I hope this lasts and he establishes himself in 08.