throwback week

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Saint Louis Rams VS Oakland Raiders (Must See TV In LA)

SAINT LOUIS RAMS VS OAKLAND RAIDERS
    AUGUST 24, 2007 (FRIDAY, 7:00PM PST)
    OAKLAND, CALIFORNIA (McAFEE COLISEUM)
    CHANNEL 5 KTLA (LOS ANGELES)
    OTHER MARKETS (PLEASE CHECK LOCAL LISTINGS)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: Saint Louis Rams VS Oakland Raiders (Must See TV In LA)

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    SAINT LOUIS RAMS VS OAKLAND RAIDERS
    AUGUST 24, 2007 (FRIDAY, 7:00PM PST)
    OAKLAND, CALIFORNIA (McAFEE COLISEUM)
    CHANNEL 5 KTLA (LOS ANGELES)
    OTHER MARKETS (PLEASE CHECK LOCAL LISTINGS)
    I've already got the DVR set and I'm ready. Even though it's a silly preseason game, this is one marked on my calendar and I want a preseason win. (well, I won't lie, they're ALL marked on my calendar, but this one is special to me) I hate the Faiders, with a passion. It is on the "Faider channel", so we'll be listening to the extremely biased Faider announcers, which is extremely annoying. Every other sentence is about the Al Davis, and the "greatness of the Faiders". I hope we play our starters for at least a half and we kick their arz, just like we did for real last year. 20-0.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

ram3057 is offline Registered User

RAMFANRAIDERHATER,

I was wondering how you felt about the game this last week. ***** against the Raiders?

To be a RAMS fan and a Raider-hater; did you actually cheer on the *****? Just wondering....

I used to be a Raider-hater myself, and I am and always will be a true 49er-hater, but the Raiders don't bother me much anymore.
    Always a Rams Fan............

Rex Allen Markel

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by ram3057 View Post
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER,

I was wondering how you felt about the game this last week. ***** against the Raiders?

To be a RAMS fan and a Raider-hater; did you actually cheer on the *****? Just wondering....

I used to be a Raider-hater myself, and I am and always will be a true 49er-hater, but the Raiders don't bother me much anymore.
    I am not RFRH, and I've never cared for the Raiders, but there is no way I could ever root for the whiners ... well ... with one exception: If we need them to beat someone so we can make the playoffs, and even then, it would be really, really, hard !!!

On another note, I just discovered that one of our local tv channels is going to televise the Rams vs Raider game which is astonishing for this neck of the woods ... So -- Hurrah, Yea, Hurrah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ram3057 View Post
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER,

Yes, it's a difficult game to watch. Two evils pitted against each other, both hated beyond reason. ...but this game was easy, it was preseason and had no impact on the Rams. I was pulling for the Whiners. Yes, I hate the Faiders THAT much.

suhpr3me Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Yes, it's a difficult game to watch. Two evils pitted against each other, both hated beyond reason. ...but this game was easy, it was preseason and had no impact on the Rams. I was pulling for the Whiners. Yes, I hate the Faiders THAT much.
    not too be nosy, but why so much hate?

Quote Originally Posted by suhpr3me View Post
    not too be nosy, but why so much hate?
    Well, since you asked....

#1: They're a No. Cal team. If you've ever lived in So. Cal, I don't need to explain anything.
    #2: My first game ever was the LA Rams and the Jokeland Faiders at the LA Coliseum. Being a young impressionable young fella, I saw the difference in "normal" folks and Faider fans. I decided to follow the Good and Pure side of life, and avoid the "dark side", which was the Faiders and their fans.
    #3: The Fans. They're like cockroaches. There's "fans", which I know stands for "fanatic", and there are Faider Fans. They have this image they think they are portraying, that they're tough and bad-azzes, which is such a joke. They end up just being obnoxious beyond belief. Half of the Faider jerseys and hats I see are worn by gang-bangers or wanna-be's. Heck, they're even worse than Yankee or Boston fans.

Keenum is offline Registered User

And NFL Network will be re-showing the game sometime Saturday morning as well.

suhpr3me Guest

Well, since you asked....

#1: They're a No. Cal team. If you've ever lived in So. Cal, I don't need to explain anything.
    #2: My first game ever was the LA Rams and the Jokeland Faiders at the LA Coliseum. Being a young impressionable young fella, I saw the difference in "normal" folks and Faider fans. I decided to follow the Good and Pure side of life, and avoid the "dark side", which was the Faiders and their fans.
    #3: The Fans. They're like cockroaches. There's "fans", which I know stands for "fanatic", and there are Faider Fans. They have this image they think they are portraying, that they're tough and bad-azzes, which is such a joke. They end up just being obnoxious beyond belief. Half of the Faider jerseys and hats I see are worn by gang-bangers or wanna-be's. Heck, they're even worse than Yankee or Boston fans.
    haha i find that funny. I lived in The OC myself, garden grove . Moved out in texas last summer. I just thought you had a specific reason, like a Faider fan pissed on your lawn or something. But that seems understandable, living in Texas i despise Cowboys fans more than anything

Quote Originally Posted by suhpr3me View Post
    haha i find that funny. I lived in The OC myself, garden grove . Moved out in texas last summer. I just thought you had a specific reason, like a Faider fan pissed on your lawn or something. But that seems understandable, living in Texas i despise Cowboys fans more than anything
    Wow, the OC to Texas. That's quite a change. You wouldn't happen to be in the aerospace industry, would you? Lot of folks being transferred from the Boeing facility in Huntington Beach, to the Houston area.

Anyway, I understand the Cowgirl thing. I played golf with one last Friday. Man, was he annoying. Never shut up, thought the Cowboys were the be-all, end-all to all of sports, and didn't even know who the Rams QB was.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

I'll try to watch the game just to see if Kyle Shotwell (#41) has a shot of making the Traiders. He is a free agent signing form Cal Poly SLO. Last I heard he was penciled in as #3 LB and special teams
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

suhpr3me Guest

Wow, the OC to Texas. That's quite a change. You wouldn't happen to be in the aerospace industry, would you? Lot of folks being transferred from the Boeing facility in Huntington Beach, to the Houston area.

Anyway, I understand the Cowgirl thing. I played golf with one last Friday. Man, was he annoying. Never shut up, thought the Cowboys were the be-all, end-all to all of sports, and didn't even know who the Rams QB was.
    Well, I'm still a youngin ` and my parental units didn't like the living expenses and whatnot. I guess Texas was their solution, which is understandable because everything is so cheap here, and us being asian...well enough said. Oh but trust me cowgirl fans are one of the worst. One time, my first week in texas, my friend told me his Dad could take us home from Six Flags. And when we were getting picked up my friend's dad and his dad's cowboys friends were all in the car and they were like, " My son tells me you hate the Cowboys" and i laughed it off and he DROVE OFF. LEFT ME THERE. At SIX FLAGS. ALL ALONE. FOR 6 HOURS. I HAD TO WAIT TIL MY COUSIN GOT OFF WORK. JUST CAUSE I WASNT A COWBOY FAN. what kind of sick world do we live in.