Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Sam Bradford could have landed Rams high draft pick/NFL.com

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Sam Bradford could have landed Rams high draft pick/NFL.com

Sam Bradford has a slightly different contract, according to a report from NFL.com. The St. Louis Rams switched his $12 million salary for this year to a $6 million roster bonus, paid May 11, and a $6 million salary. The move does not change his cap hit for 2012.

Bradford has three more seasons left on his current deal. His base salaries in each of the next three season are: $9 million (2013), $14.015 million (2014), $12.895 million (2015). Those numbers were not changed by the adjustment made to his contract.

As the first overall pick in 2010, Bradford is the highest paid rookie in NFL history, the answer to a trivia question. The 2011 CBA changed rookie salaries, slashing them an putting them into a slotting system that leaves little room for negotiation. Bradford's deal is a six-year, $78 million contract with $50 million guaranteed. Compare that to Cam Newton, last year's first pick in the draft, who got a four-year $22 million deal.

what is that you say logic? Sam was just 12 mill in 2012 and will ONLY cost 9mill in base salary in 2013!? Jeez you sure are a swell guy Logic!!!

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    RGIII's legs look like twigs. One year in, they are already damaged. No way he will play a long time in the NFL, unless he learns to stay in the pocket, thus eliminating one of his best attributes. The Rams did the right thing.
    In terms of RGIII, perhaps the Skins will move him from a read-option offense to a pistol offense (I believe I have em correctly ordered) or even keep him from running too much (it helped Kaepernick when he couldn't or didn't choose to run too much; and Griffin has a heck of an arm also, so running isn't as necessary as perhaps even he thinks.

Rammed is offline Registered User

-delete post-
    Last edited by Rammed; -02-22-2013 at 01:45 AM.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    In terms of RGIII, perhaps the Skins will move him from a read-option offense to a pistol offense (I believe I have em correctly ordered) or even keep him from running too much (it helped Kaepernick when he couldn't or didn't choose to run too much; and Griffin has a heck of an arm also, so running isn't as necessary as perhaps even he thinks.

I think you're wrong and right there, TR. Pistol is a formation; a variant of the shotgun with the QB closer to center (4yds vs 7yds, iirc) and the single RB behind rather than beside him. The read option is a strategy out of that formation; post snap, the QB decides whether to pass,run himself, or hand off. It's not an either/or deal.It's the read option element, the post-snap instant decision that makes the pistol viable, not to mention an exceptionally mobile QB, with an exceptionally accurate arm, and super-high football IQ to make those decisions/reads and force the D to respect all 3 options . Otherwise, it's just a QB or RB who is closer to the defenders & therefore more likely to get smushed.

I think you are right that WASH should limit the read option to protect their QB but it won't be from the pistol primarily.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234