Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Sam Bradford Likely Done For The Season; Rams Will Consider Trading Down In 2012 NFL

Jockelite is offline Registered User

Sam Bradford Likely Done For The Season; Rams Will Consider Trading Down In 2012 NFL

Ryan Van Bibber-
    The
    St. Louis Rams
    will likely be finishing the season without quarterback
    Sam Bradford
    according to Adam Schefter
    of ESPN. Hobbled by a high ankle sprain since October, Bradford has mostly watched practices for the last weeks wearing a walking boot. Despite his disappointing season, Bradford is still viewed as the franchise cornerstone the Rams drafted him, and paid him $78 million, to be.Bradford struggled all year long, just one season removed from a debut that earned him the Offensive Rookie of the Year Award. The reasons for Bradford's sophomore slump are numerous, new responsibilities in a new offense, the lockout, no quarterbacks coach, injuries up and down the roster and a glaring lack of offensive talent.Bradford's injury in and of itself isn't enough to keep him out for the Rams' last two games, according to injury expert Will Carroll of Sports Illustrated.

What's at play? I suspect it's a mix of things, not the least of which is preserving his health for next season rather than forcing him to play in two meaningless games behind an offensive line constructed of paper dolls, especially with the Steelers and James Harrison on the schedule next week. Don't overlook the politics of change at play here either.
    Barring some sort of miracle, the Rams will be picking in the top three. They'll most likely have the third pick, as their opponents and Minnesota's opponents will give them the second overall pick based on strength of schedule. That's notable because Schefter also mentioned that the Rams will be listening to offers on their top three draft pick.
    The lure of Robert Griffin III or Matt Barkley and a new rookie wage scale should facilitate some horse trading. That's good for the Rams, who have many, many roster needs to fill.
    Who is running the Rams draft remains to be seen, but there are likely to be some new faces in the war room.
    Stay tuned, this offseason is going to make up for a dull regular season.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Sam Bradford Likely Done For The Season; Rams Will Consider Trading Down In 2012

I hope they do. We saw what happened last week when he played at less than 100% - not only was he inefficient, but the injury was worsened. The Rams need not repeat the same mistake to finish this season. Shut him down, don't risk any further injury of any kind, and let him start healing for next season now.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Re: Sam Bradford Likely Done For The Season; Rams Will Consider Trading Down In 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Jockelite View Post
    Ryan Van Bibber-
    The
    St. Louis Rams
    will likely be finishing the season without quarterback
    Sam Bradford
    [URL="http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/148432538048790529"]Barring some sort of miracle, the Rams will be picking in the top three. They'll most likely have the third pick, as their opponents and Minnesota's opponents will give them the second overall pick based on strength of schedule. That's notable because Schefter also mentioned that the Rams will be listening to offers on their top three draft pick.
    The lure of Robert Griffin III or Matt Barkley and a new rookie wage scale should facilitate some horse trading. That's good for the Rams, who have many, many roster needs to fill.
    Who is running the Rams draft remains to be seen, but there are likely to be some new faces in the war room.
    Stay tuned, this offseason is going to make up for a dull regular season.
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
    Many, many , many holes to fill. Yes, trade down.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

In trading down, I am hoping that we don't go too far, as I am now on the bandwagon that we need to grab the top talent at WR to pair with, hopefully, Brandon Lloyd and the McDaniels offense. Look, we're set at our slot receivers because both Salas and Pettis came on later in the season. After a full offseason of learning and training with the Rams, I think they will be good 3 and 4 receivers. The thing that is needed, however, is for Lloyd to be kept, which I think hinges upon McDaniels staying.

If we start over yet again, then trade as far down as possible and get some line talent and depth and a second tier rookie receiver. Jax keeps getting it done, gotta put off replacing him for one more year unless we trade him too.
    ManofGod likes this.
    I believe!

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Something tells me Kroenke called Spags and said get my QB out of there or you wont even have a job these next three weeks.

MelloStang is offline Registered User

I think Bradford should get next year to prove himself the 3rd year tells alot but if they do take a decent QB with that new pay scale and let them sit the first season it can be beneficial to everyone. We have all seen a rookie sit and learn and what it does for them after and it also gives Bradford that 3rd year , if he is great the new QB can be traded or held onto look at Rodgers sitting a few seasons learning, and if Bradford tanks next year hes the trade for whatever you can get. It would be win win.

Varg6 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MelloStang View Post
    I think Bradford should get next year to prove himself the 3rd year tells alot but if they do take a decent QB with that new pay scale and let them sit the first season it can be beneficial to everyone. We have all seen a rookie sit and learn and what it does for them after and it also gives Bradford that 3rd year , if he is great the new QB can be traded or held onto look at Rodgers sitting a few seasons learning, and if Bradford tanks next year hes the trade for whatever you can get. It would be win win.
    It certainly depends on the opportunities we are presented with. If we can't get a proper trade down, and the Rams' staff isn't sold on Bradford, I'd say we should absolutely draft one of those QBs, preferably RGIII simply because he'd more than likely sell a lot of tickets and get fans excited. I'm not saying any of this should or shouldn't happen, I'm simply being hypothetical. Ideally, it'd be great to just get as many draft picks as possible...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

MelloStang is offline Registered User

It would be great if Bradford showed signs of last year and we can say its the line the recievers and so on but its a tough call to pass on this years class and bank on him , if he does tank next year it will be a sore pill to swallow knowing you had a chance at a second plan.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I really want Justin Blackmon. Trading down might screw us from getting a top tier WR, making us settle for 2nd-tier receivers...AGAIN.

BrokenWing is online now Registered User

Top tier or no tier.
    RockinRam and BarronWade like this.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Yes either draft Blackmon or trade down and get a CB or DT

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

The Rams have so many needs and one top draft pick. Question is how valuable is that pick. Considering there are 2 top level QBs available, how much is the Rams pick and who really needs a QB. Oddly I dont recall hearing a lot of trade talks when the Rams had first pick of either Suh or Bradford...so who knows

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Needs here, needs there, system this, system that... I believe more than ever it's about playMAKERS!

No trade down in my opinion. Blackmon helps Bradford.

Our last top ten pick spent on an offensive threat was 1999 with Holt.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Bkackmon or no mon.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Kellen Clemens > Sam Bradford

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast