Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Sam Bradford Likely Done For The Season; Rams Will Consider Trading Down In 2012 NFL

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sam Bradford Likely Done For The Season; Rams Will Consider Trading Down In 2012

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Kellen Clemens > Sam Bradford
    A gibbon with a learning disability > you, when it comes to evaluating talent.

Bradford should be shut down for the year. It makes no sense to subject him to the risk of a more significant injury.

As for Schefter having knowledge of the Rams' draft plans... that's a neat trick, given that he does not even know who will be the Rams GM or HC when the draft comes around.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Sam Bradford Likely Done For The Season; Rams Will Consider Trading Down In 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    The Rams have so many needs and one top draft pick. Question is how valuable is that pick. Considering there are 2 top level QBs available, how much is the Rams pick and who really needs a QB. Oddly I dont recall hearing a lot of trade talks when the Rams had first pick of either Suh or Bradford...so who knows
    Because no one would pay the ransom of picks for the top pick and THEN pay the ransom of a first round pick's contract. Now, with the fixed slotting system that pays a reasonable amount, teams at the top will be much more likely to try to invest for that one missing piece for a championship run.

Seriously, as great as Blackmon would be, if we can trade whatever pick we get for a couple of quality young vets and some picks, or a whole boatload of picks, I'll be happy.

And as for those who are sayingw e should draft Barkley or RG3, seriously? Are you really serious? Yes, let's give up on one of the best rookie quarterbacks ever for an unknown guy, and eat the tons of cap room to do it. Line sucked, receivers sucked, dude was hurt. Sam is the real deal, let's help him as opposed to hurting the team by grabbing another QB.
    I believe!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Not to be confused with the "A.J. Feeley > Sam Bradford" mantra, chanted by many until it was ultimately squashed after Feeley was battered into submission and rendered more ineffective than Bradford.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Thought this site and its posters were better than that.

Varg6 is online now Registered User

I highly doubt Sosa was being serious.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    I highly doubt Sosa was being serious.
    Its good to see somebody has a clue whats going on....

But seriously, I hear this same crap every year. "Rams will consider trading down", no lie, I hear that ever year. So I take it with a grain of salt...

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Its good to see somebody has a clue whats going on....

But seriously, I hear this same crap every year. "Rams will consider trading down", no lie, I hear that ever year. So I take it with a grain of salt...
    Maybe things will be different, with different people

Aussie Dave is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MelloStang View Post
    I think Bradford should get next year to prove himself the 3rd year tells alot but if they do take a decent QB with that new pay scale and let them sit the first season it can be beneficial to everyone. We have all seen a rookie sit and learn and what it does for them after and it also gives Bradford that 3rd year , if he is great the new QB can be traded or held onto look at Rodgers sitting a few seasons learning, and if Bradford tanks next year hes the trade for whatever you can get. It would be win win.
    this usually only works when there is a good veteran for the rookie to learn from...

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Blackmon or gtfo.
    RockinRam likes this.

bradwill is offline Registered User

Every team "considers" trading down, whether or not they do it. GM's aren't telling the rest of their brethren "don't you dare call and make any offers for our pick, we are refusing all contact whatsoever."

Ironmaidenram is offline Registered User

I don't care if they trade UP-DOWN-LEFT-RIGHT-, but 1 of those draft picks better be BLACKMON!!!!!!

Jockelite is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmaidenram View Post
    I don't care if they trade UP-DOWN-LEFT-RIGHT-, but 1 of those draft picks better be BLACKMON!!!!!!
    I am with you. As I am on the Blackmon Train and wont get off until the final stop.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Trading down requires good business negotiation skills and persistance, and a knack for knowing how to persuade.

In our case, our FO is pretty inadequate.

For me, the only receiver I'd settle for is Blackmon. Even Jeffery and Floyd are looking more and more unattractive.

Now, if we get Blackmon, I also wouldn't mind drafting a 2nd tier receiver like Dwight Jones, Juron Criner, Ryan Broyles, but we have to get a top tier receiver. We are stacked full with 2nd and bottom tier receivers and tight ends on this team.

If we do trade down and Blackmon is not available, we go with Morris Claiborne, Trent Richardson, Vontaze Burfict, Manti Te'o, or even David DeCastro if we drop enough.
    Jockelite likes this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    The Rams have so many needs and one top draft pick. Question is how valuable is that pick. Considering there are 2 top level QBs available, how much is the Rams pick and who really needs a QB. Oddly I dont recall hearing a lot of trade talks when the Rams had first pick of either Suh or Bradford...so who knows
    Please list the "so many needs".

Thank you

MelloStang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dave View Post
    this usually only works when there is a good veteran for the rookie to learn from...
    what veteran is in detroit that was good for Stafford? How about in Carolina for Newton? what about in Cincinatti for the rookie there? It isn't about veteran all the time its about development and either he develops into a winner by year three or he should be given an opportunity with someone else and the Rams can move on , otherwise you settle in the mud with him and neither benefits. Too many teams get a good QB out of college and keep trying to see them come through to elite. If by year three it doesn't happen it likely never will.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast