Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Sam Bradford: The Truth

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Re: Sam Bradford: The Truth

The thing that I notice the most is that the ball always seems to be behind or past the receiver on critical plays. Granted some of that is probably from having his life in danger, but I think it is listed in the quarterbacks indicative duties "responsible for getting ball into area near receivers hands..."
    RockinRam likes this.

"The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    The thing that I notice the most is that the ball always seems to be behind or past the receiver on critical plays. Granted some of that is probably from having his life in danger, but I think it is listed in the quarterbacks indicative duties "responsible for getting ball into area near receivers hands..."
    I agree.

I still think his best year accuracy-wise and ball velocity-wise was his rookie year.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JFMose View Post
    wow it was all good just a week ago. I'm still rooting for Sam
    And that is exactly why we still don't know who Sam Bradford is.

If he is one thing though, it's inconsistent.

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

Is the dissatisfaction with Bradford related to one or more of the following reasons or something else?:
    Handsome salary that he's being paid
    Accomplishments of some of his peers (e.g. RGIII, Luck, Kapernick, Wilson)
    Performance on the field
    Leadership ability
    Tangibles or intangibles (please elaborate)
    Something else

richtree is offline Registered User

I think Sam made one of his best throws of his Career around the 2minute mark in the 4th Quarter to Cory Harkey.

He actually stood in there and took the hit -- the rare part was that he threw the ball down the field (further than 7 yards) and with really good zip on it.

The bad part is when hit, Sam's bell gets rung harder than most. He really needs an off-season in the weight room.

Overall, this season he has shown promise. Next year will be a do or die year. The staff will bring in Offensive Line help and probably a WR and TE.

It will 100% be Bradford's team, especially if SJax is gone. I look for us to make strong moves in the off-season and the Rams to become a force for game #1 next year.....

This year we were adapting to change and Fisher did the best he could.

I Believe Bradford will Succeed next season and right now that is all that matters.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

I've been reading a lot of the posts either seemingly pro Bradford or otherwise. I only got to watch the game until halftime. Even though I was disappointed with the first half I don't think it's the end of the world here, 2012 no pun intended But after watching the second half Bradford actually looked good. Even with those two turnovers, which resulted in 10 points, I still think we would have lost. Vikings came to play and left with the W. You have to give their defense credit. Although the halftime adjustments were there, we are still lacking an offensive play maker. One observation I did make is Bradford has a canon and over launches from time to time. We need speed to unleash that strength.

Only thing I have to say after watching Mark Sanchez last night Bradford will be a winner. Patience folks I mean after pitiful last year I think things are a lot brighter. Now to piss everybody off, they will be superbowl bound by 2015 when they are all settled in LA!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    We've beaten this topic to death. This board seems to have many who think the guy is terrible (which is laughable), but also has numerous apologists who are always looking to justify bad QB play. Today was an excellent example of why simply looking at statistics (which on paper are great) is not an adequate barometer of a guy's performance. Let me be the latest one to add my two cents in the hopes of lending some needed perspective to the argument.

If Sam Bradford can be summed up in one paragraph, it's this: He mirrors the inconsistency that characterizes the rest of this football team. Today was a perfect example of seeing both the good Bradford and the bad Bradford in the same game. He fumbled a snap which led to a score. He threw a pick 6. He overthrew an open Givens in the 2nd quarter for a sure TD. This is simply too much self-inflicted damage for a team to overcome. He also threw three TDs, involved many different receivers and led a spirited, if unsuccessful comeback. Like I said- INCONSISTENT. To become an upper echelon QB, he must eliminate his propensity for the critical error while building on the strengths that got him to where he is today.

I think anyone thinking or hoping Bradford is someday going to be on a par with Brady, Manning, Brees, Roethlisberger or Rodgers needs to recalibrate their expectations. If getting a guy like that were easy, EVERY team would have one. This is certainly not to say Sam Bradford cannot be a winner in this league or become a top 10 QB.

I said early this season that we will be able to more accurately assess Bradford as a QB at the end of NEXT season- when he has hopefully had a 2nd injury-free year under the same O-Coordinator and Head Coach. I have not wavered from that opinion.
    I think anyone thinking or hoping Bradford is someday going to be on a par with Brady, Manning, Brees, Roethlisberger or Rodgers needs to recalibrate their expectations. If getting a guy like that were easy, EVERY team would have one. This is certainly not to say Sam Bradford cannot be a winner in this league or become a top 10 QB.
    You might be right he may never be that good. I see at least four HOF QBs on that list. I will say he's not even close to that now BUT all of those players listed did not play like HOF in the early days of their careers. To say he will never be that good is just a guess at this point.

The funny thing is in that game Sunday IF we get a pick six or a kick return a few plays made by other players besides Sam. We may be talking about one of the greatest games he's ever had. Instead it was one of his worst.

I think we all know that this team is not built to put up big numbers. Here is what Fishers said last week.

“We’re not equipped like New England to put 40 up on everybody every week. Hopefully, we’ll get to that point, but right now we’re finding ways to win.”
    I think what he is saying is we don't have the talent on offense. Now some may say and Bradford is part of that group.

As far as I know Fisher had seven teams that wanted to hire him and he only met with one player. That player was Sam. He came here in part because of the talent of Bradford. Bradford like many QBs will be a product of the franchise he plays for.

Last year the Rams spent the FA money on the defense. Long, JL, Cortland and Langford. They used the first round pick one the defense in Brockers.

Do the Rams start to equip this team to put up big numbers?

They have the draft picks lets see what they do.
    Last edited by Rambos; -12-18-2012 at 07:56 PM.
    MauiRam and mde8352gorams like this.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I think we have to manage our expectations given the talent we've surrounded Sam with. It will get better I'm sure next year and going forward. We tend to compare Sam to Manning, Brady, Rogers, etc and come away disappointed to an extent. I agree it would be great if he were a sensation that took the league by storm. But he's a whole lot better than most QB's around the league. You can make the inconsistent arguement and you'd be correct, but I would also say he has great accuracy and that is not easily learned. So what's the best outcome? Give him a solid offensive line that protects and run blocks, give him a running game threat and great receivers and TE's. Then keep the defense ferocious and add special team threats that shorten the field on KO's and punts. Easy right. Well there are many teams in the NFL that are not even close to this, we are. So instead of complaining about Sam and wondering when he'll emerge as a star, we need patience with our team and faith in the coaching staff. Would you rather be the Eagles or the Charger's who thought they had contending teams and fell flat. We will move in a consistent (there's that word again) path toward contention, I have no doubt about it. Meanwhile I plan to look forward to the next 2 games hopefully wins so we can have a winning record and look ahead to the off-season and next year.

Just to repeat, there are many teams that would love to have a QB of Sam's talent. We just need to put better players around him.

Go Rams!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234