Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Sam Bradfords growing pains?

Im chuffed to bits with Sams play in his first season with the Rams. But sometimes he really frustrates me at times. Ive noticed a good few times this season, and it tends to be with pressure coming at him.
    He throws the ball as hard as possible, where a ball thrown with a little touch on it would suffice. A supposedly 6ft 6 QB gets an awful lot of balls knocked down at the line of scrimmage.
    I think he is still struggling with the speed of the pro game, which is understandable. Especially when he is not in the shotgun. I think it unnerves him taking the ball from under center with the push opposing teams are getting on our OL. Hence getting the ball out to quickly, on the 3 step drops and having it batted down.
    Id like him to calm down a bit, and change the velocity on some of his throws.
    I must add that all the mistakes mentioned, are easily corrected in time.
    Its just a matter of getting the repititions, as he never took snaps from under center at Oklahoma.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Re: Sam Bradfords growing pains?

Sam is 6 foot 4. Onobun is 6 foot 6.

I would say he is doing just fine for a rookie. I mean he has only started 12 games this year and I know I can see a improvement from week 1. I can't wait to see what happens when he has been in the league a few years.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    Sam is 6 foot 4. Onobun is 6 foot 6.

I would say he is doing just fine for a rookie. I mean he has only started 12 games this year and I know I can see a improvement from week 1. I can't wait to see what happens when he has been in the league a few years.
    Sam had an average game yesterday, and threw a bad INT ...

But who cares?

What is important is how he rebounds from these things. He threw that INT, then came back with 5 straight completions. He made some crucial throws on the final drive ...

How's Peyton Manning doing these past three games? Even the greatest of All-time have issues ...

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Sam had an average game yesterday, and threw a bad INT ...

But who cares?

What is important is how he rebounds from these things. He threw that INT, then came back with 5 straight completions. He made some crucial throws on the final drive ...

How's Peyton Manning doing these past three games? Even the greatest of All-time have issues ...

Did we have a W yesterday? I am not saying he deserves rookie of the week this week because this week wasnt his best. But we came away with a win and thats all that matters.

And peyton has thrown 11 int's in the past three games. Which is more than same Sammy B has thrown in 12 games.

I don't see why people are complaining about Sams play. He is a rookie guys. He has brought us to the point where we have as many wins as we have had three years combined.

EDIT: not to mention the fact that interception was the first one in a long time that was Sam's fault and no one elses.
    Last edited by sjacksonrules; -12-06-2010 at 01:12 PM.

sntlouisrams is offline Registered User

theres something always to complain about it seems. Bradford could walk on water and there would be a rams fan complaining of how hes doing it the wrong way or should be doing this. But ignoring the fact he's walking on water. Sam Bradford is the best qb to come out in a long time if you wanna spend your life focusing on how he falls short so be it, however wld be nice for change nt to have a rams fan being so picky n negative.

Im not being negative, it's just constructive criticism Im giving. Trust me, I love Sam.
    He will get there, no doubt about it. I just cant see a reason why these little things cant be rectified right now. Im only saying he needs to calm down a bit, and change the amount of speed he puts on his throws sometimes.
    The pass on 3rd down at the end of the half is a good example. There wasnt a player within 15 yards of I think Bajema. Its a throw I think I could have made. Just a gentle, looping pass was needed, for some reason he threw it hard and low, and it got batted down.
    I have no doubt that Dick Curl gave Sam a pointer after that play, because it was an easy touchdown
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -12-06-2010 at 01:48 PM.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

There are things that Sam needs to work on- reads, touch on the short throw, decision making. These are all normal factors for a rookie QB, especially one who we expect to revive this once proud franchise.

He will have ups and downs. Yesterday was not one of his best performances, but the big news is that we won despite this- a great sign towards the maturity and heart of everyone else on the team.

Sam will be fine. There are a couple dozen other coaches in the league who would love to have him. We are in good hands.

Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    Im not being negative, it's just constructive criticism Im giving. Trust me, I love Sam.
    He will get there, no doubt about it. I just cant see a reason why these little things cant be rectified right now. Im only saying he needs to calm down a bit, and change the amount of speed he puts on his throws sometimes.
    The pass on 3rd down at the end of the half is a good example. There wasnt a player within 15 yards of I think Bajema. Its a throw I think I could have made. Just a gentle, looping pass was needed, for some reason he threw it hard and low, and it got batted down.
    I have no doubt that Dick Curl gave Sam a pointer after that play, because it was an easy touchdown

Did you watch the game last night? Where Joe Flacco missed a wide open ed dickson and lost the game going for it on 4th and 2 and he has been in the league for three years now. Qb's make bad throws it happens.

Instead of instantly saying bad throw by bradford did you goto the tape and see if he had people in his face? It was fells btw that was open. Anyways I cant remember if he was geting pressured or not but useally if there is someone open its because the qb is gettin blitzed.

Rich86 is offline Registered User

of course there's throws he would want back and that's what tape is for. you have to give the defense credit.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Sam Bradford has growing pains? Nah, you must be talking about somebody else...

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I mean really......we're 6-6 and have a legit shot at winning the NFC West.

Would somebody care to tell me why? Nevermind I'll answer my own question.

SAM BRADFORD!

Does he have room for improvement? Sure he does but name a player in the NFL that is perfect.

Thank you SAM BRADFORD for giving our team a pulse again.

GO RAMS!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

While I appreciate the research that went into this thread, in the end it reminds me of an old joke.

A mother-in-law buys her son-in-law two ties for his birthday. The next time she sees him, he's wearing one of the ties. She looks at him and says: "So... I guess you didn't like the other tie."

swatter555 is offline Registered User

I disagree that Sam is making alot of mistakes under pressure or because he is taking snaps under center. At times he does seem to lack touch, but I cannot agree with criticism about his balls being batted down at the line. When I watch a subpar game like his game at Arizona, I saw many good decisions to throw balls away, something that kills most rookie QBs. Overall, I think we are blessed with the QB play I have seen so far.

Thanks for the feedback people, Im only giving my honest opinion, no need for sarcasm.. Im not slagging Sam one bit. He is the main reason I look forward to every Sunday these days, so it would be interesting to see what Ram fans are seeing negatively with his play.
    Ive heard all the positives, so was just curious to see the flip side of the coin.
    He is after all going to be quarterbacking this team for the forseeable future.
    GO RAMS

Guitardeth is offline Registered User

I just wanna kill a myth here.

Sam took plenty of snaps under center at OU. Not a lot. but enough. I know i am a big sooner fan and i have all sams games recorded.

Ask sam and he will tell you he did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast