Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 117
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

  1. #31
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,391
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

    Originally Posted by RAM29JACKSON
    My counter argument is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Should have just stopped there.
    LOL! Good one.


  2. #32
    RAM29JACKSON's Avatar
    RAM29JACKSON is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Age
    49
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Should have just stopped there.
    what ? if I don't say hooray Rams in my posts i'm not liked? you are only as good as your last game. Sam's last game was an injury and he's no franchise guarantee for the future. His numbers are now nothing but meaningless digits in a sea of ex players. Until and unless he's capable of coming back a decent QB he isn't worth talking about for now.

  3. #33
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,480
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by RAM29JACKSON View Post
    what ? if I don't say hooray Rams in my posts i'm not liked?
    Not at all. You're not required to blindly cheer everything the Rams do or every player they have. But if you want your opinion to be taken as seriously as one based heavily on facts and supporting evidence, then you have to present something more than, "You're wrong because your stats mean nothing."
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  4. #34
    jmk321's Avatar
    jmk321 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    albany
    Posts
    591
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by RAM29JACKSON View Post
    what ? if I don't say hooray Rams in my posts i'm not liked? you are only as good as your last game. Sam's last game was an injury and he's no franchise guarantee for the future. His numbers are now nothing but meaningless digits in a sea of ex players. Until and unless he's capable of coming back a decent QB he isn't worth talking about for now.
    Good point. Drew Brees also suffered an injury in the last game of his 2005 season. I bet the Saints are glad they didn't just say "well his numbers are meaningless and he isn't worth talking about" before the signed him in 2006.
    HUbison and NJ Ramsfan1 like this.

  5. #35
    MACD is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    579
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    Good point. Drew Brees also suffered an injury in the last game of his 2005 season. I bet the Saints are glad they didn't just say "well his numbers are meaningless and he isn't worth talking about" before the signed him in 2006.
    Ding ding ding ding...we have a winner ^^^^^

  6. #36
    RAM29JACKSON's Avatar
    RAM29JACKSON is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Age
    49
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    Good point. Drew Brees also suffered an injury in the last game of his 2005 season. I bet the Saints are glad they didn't just say "well his numbers are meaningless and he isn't worth talking about" before the signed him in 2006.
    yes, science has gotten better the last 20 years but that doesn't guarantee Sam will come back any better if at all as a starter. The average career is 3-4 years as always and Sam has a better chance of being one of the many instead of one of the few. Just have to wait and see.

    but every team shouldn't be this dumb. There should always be 3 QBs on staff. even musical plays/theatre actors have understudies and they seldom get blindsided by huge lineman LOL

  7. #37
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,625
    Rep Power
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by "RAM29JACKSON

    I don't waste time with conjecture

    for something that in actuality will not happen.
    I don't think you know what conjecture is... or do you think you're psychic?

  8. #38
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,625
    Rep Power
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderwolf View Post

    He was improving but I don't think he will ever be a great starter. A great back up maybe but not a starter. I for one hope we go after a QB with our first pick next year. Bradford will never be a star, and this team needs a top rate QB.
    Because you said so, right?

    Give me facts, people.

  9. #39
    RAM29JACKSON's Avatar
    RAM29JACKSON is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Age
    49
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I don't think you know what conjecture is... or do you think you're psychic?
    you are/were the one trying to predict a successful future based on a few not so bad looking stats. That's just as much conjecture as anything else.

  10. #40
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,625
    Rep Power
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM29JACKSON View Post

    you are/were the one trying to predict a successful future based on a few not so bad looking stats. That's just as much conjecture as anything else.
    No, I demonstrated through a presentation of facts that an upturn in performance has already occurred, thereby lending credence to the notion that Sam's previous struggles were the product of a poor supporting cast and a lack of continuity in the system.

  11. #41
    RAM29JACKSON's Avatar
    RAM29JACKSON is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Age
    49
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

    nobody wants Sam to fall into a river or anything LOL but he's injured and even healthy it was obvious the season was already a wash. The Rams just don't have it and haven't had what ever IT is for years
    renrawtruk likes this.

  12. #42
    BigGameTH is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    97
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

    Sam was definitely having a good season, but the last games were against the 0-7 jags and a Houston team with fans burning their starting quarterbacks jersey, trespassing and shouting obscenities at his residence. The two weeks prior to that were some of the worst games I have seen from this team in the last 2 years. Bradford was sacked 11 times in those 2 games.

    Sam is getting better, but slowly. As someone mentioned, Drew Brees with the Chargers comes to mind. I'm hoping we stick with him, because he still looks really promising to me.

  13. #43
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,730
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

    I'm going to repeat a post I posted in another thread.

    Going into the Carolina game, the Rams had the best red zone offense in the league. Scoring points on all but one of their red zone trips. The only time the Rams didn't score points in the red zone was when they were kneeling for the win at the end of the Jaguars game.

    Now, the Rams haven't kicked a ton of field goals this year, especially compared to last (although i suspect that will change somewhat), and the Rams haven't had a rushing TD all year. The reason for the Rams great red zone offense therefore must fall to the passing game. Bradford was simply great in the red zone this year, and vastly improved over his past years performances. He was putting up great TD numbers.

  14. #44
    bruce4life's Avatar
    bruce4life is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Hemet/San Diego CA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,856
    Rep Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGameTH View Post
    Sam was definitely having a good season, but the last games were against the 0-7 jags and a Houston team with fans burning their starting quarterbacks jersey, trespassing and shouting obscenities at his residence. The two weeks prior to that were some of the worst games I have seen from this team in the last 2 years. Bradford was sacked 11 times in those 2 games.

    Sam is getting better, but slowly. As someone mentioned, Drew Brees with the Chargers comes to mind. I'm hoping we stick with him, because he still looks really promising to me.
    I lived in SD when Brees was toiling around with mediocrity with the chargers. It was not til a bright young coach took the the training wheels off of Brees that we saw his true talents. The same can be said about SB.

  15. #45
    emuen's Avatar
    emuen is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    218
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    I lived in SD when Brees was toiling around with mediocrity with the chargers. It was not til a bright young coach took the the training wheels off of Brees that we saw his true talents. The same can be said about SB.
    Are you saying the wheels have come off? Or are you saying that you are waiting for a young coach to take over?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: -11-18-2011, 02:53 PM
  2. Is the tide turning?
    By Bing69 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: -03-23-2010, 04:48 PM
  3. Rams keep turning over the same old leaf
    By eldfan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: -10-12-2009, 05:08 PM
  4. Turning Point
    By RockinRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -12-18-2008, 11:16 PM
  5. turning point of the season
    By general counsel in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -12-12-2006, 01:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •