Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

Originally Posted by RAM29JACKSON
    My counter argument is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Should have just stopped there.
    LOL! Good one.

RAM29JACKSON is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Should have just stopped there.
    what ? if I don't say hooray Rams in my posts i'm not liked? you are only as good as your last game. Sam's last game was an injury and he's no franchise guarantee for the future. His numbers are now nothing but meaningless digits in a sea of ex players. Until and unless he's capable of coming back a decent QB he isn't worth talking about for now.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAM29JACKSON View Post
    what ? if I don't say hooray Rams in my posts i'm not liked?
    Not at all. You're not required to blindly cheer everything the Rams do or every player they have. But if you want your opinion to be taken as seriously as one based heavily on facts and supporting evidence, then you have to present something more than, "You're wrong because your stats mean nothing."
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

jmk321 is offline Registered User

what ? if I don't say hooray Rams in my posts i'm not liked? you are only as good as your last game. Sam's last game was an injury and he's no franchise guarantee for the future. His numbers are now nothing but meaningless digits in a sea of ex players. Until and unless he's capable of coming back a decent QB he isn't worth talking about for now.
    Good point. Drew Brees also suffered an injury in the last game of his 2005 season. I bet the Saints are glad they didn't just say "well his numbers are meaningless and he isn't worth talking about" before the signed him in 2006.
    HUbison and NJ Ramsfan1 like this.

MACD is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    Good point. Drew Brees also suffered an injury in the last game of his 2005 season. I bet the Saints are glad they didn't just say "well his numbers are meaningless and he isn't worth talking about" before the signed him in 2006.
    Ding ding ding ding...we have a winner ^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    yes, science has gotten better the last 20 years but that doesn't guarantee Sam will come back any better if at all as a starter. The average career is 3-4 years as always and Sam has a better chance of being one of the many instead of one of the few. Just have to wait and see.

but every team shouldn't be this dumb. There should always be 3 QBs on staff. even musical plays/theatre actors have understudies and they seldom get blindsided by huge lineman LOL

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by "RAM29JACKSON

I don't waste time with conjecture

for something that in actuality will not happen.
    I don't think you know what conjecture is... or do you think you're psychic?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderwolf View Post

He was improving but I don't think he will ever be a great starter. A great back up maybe but not a starter. I for one hope we go after a QB with our first pick next year. Bradford will never be a star, and this team needs a top rate QB.
    Because you said so, right?

Give me facts, people.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I don't think you know what conjecture is... or do you think you're psychic?
    you are/were the one trying to predict a successful future based on a few not so bad looking stats. That's just as much conjecture as anything else.

you are/were the one trying to predict a successful future based on a few not so bad looking stats. That's just as much conjecture as anything else.
    No, I demonstrated through a presentation of facts that an upturn in performance has already occurred, thereby lending credence to the notion that Sam's previous struggles were the product of a poor supporting cast and a lack of continuity in the system.

nobody wants Sam to fall into a river or anything LOL but he's injured and even healthy it was obvious the season was already a wash. The Rams just don't have it and haven't had what ever IT is for years
    renrawtruk likes this.

BigGameTH is offline Registered User

Sam was definitely having a good season, but the last games were against the 0-7 jags and a Houston team with fans burning their starting quarterbacks jersey, trespassing and shouting obscenities at his residence. The two weeks prior to that were some of the worst games I have seen from this team in the last 2 years. Bradford was sacked 11 times in those 2 games.

Sam is getting better, but slowly. As someone mentioned, Drew Brees with the Chargers comes to mind. I'm hoping we stick with him, because he still looks really promising to me.

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

I'm going to repeat a post I posted in another thread.

Going into the Carolina game, the Rams had the best red zone offense in the league. Scoring points on all but one of their red zone trips. The only time the Rams didn't score points in the red zone was when they were kneeling for the win at the end of the Jaguars game.

Now, the Rams haven't kicked a ton of field goals this year, especially compared to last (although i suspect that will change somewhat), and the Rams haven't had a rushing TD all year. The reason for the Rams great red zone offense therefore must fall to the passing game. Bradford was simply great in the red zone this year, and vastly improved over his past years performances. He was putting up great TD numbers.

bruce4life is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGameTH View Post
    Sam was definitely having a good season, but the last games were against the 0-7 jags and a Houston team with fans burning their starting quarterbacks jersey, trespassing and shouting obscenities at his residence. The two weeks prior to that were some of the worst games I have seen from this team in the last 2 years. Bradford was sacked 11 times in those 2 games.

Sam is getting better, but slowly. As someone mentioned, Drew Brees with the Chargers comes to mind. I'm hoping we stick with him, because he still looks really promising to me.
    I lived in SD when Brees was toiling around with mediocrity with the chargers. It was not til a bright young coach took the the training wheels off of Brees that we saw his true talents. The same can be said about SB.

emuen is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    I lived in SD when Brees was toiling around with mediocrity with the chargers. It was not til a bright young coach took the the training wheels off of Brees that we saw his true talents. The same can be said about SB.
    Are you saying the wheels have come off? Or are you saying that you are waiting for a young coach to take over?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast