Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

bruce4life is offline Registered User
    The training wheels have finally been lifted.

punahou is offline Registered User

Re: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

While no one ever likes to see anyone go down due to serious injury, the bottom line is that Bradford has still yet to show he is a winner at the pro level.

I'm nor sure the rams win or lose more with or without Sam. Brsdord really hasn't been a diffrence maker on this team.

I find it an odd quirk of human nature that people tend to forgive and forget any transgressions of poor performance becaause of .... sympathy.
    Last edited by punahou; -10-23-2013 at 10:42 AM. Reason: bah posting on phone.. much was left out ill fin when i get home

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    Brsdord really hasn't been a diffrence maker on this team.
    So you think they'll win as many games this year without him as they would have won with him?

Not that Sam wasn't the best option the rams had, as he was, but imo, no matter how well or poorly he has played, the outcome seems to be the same.

there are just some people that have that IT factor.

they come in and other people react positively to him and.get infused with that WWF magic power.

I've never seen that with Sam.

Gah my phone works oddly with the site....

anyhow what I wanted to add is that I'm probably jaded/biased as I grew up watching some guy named Montana, Brady, and Warner come in and have immediate, positive impacts on their teams.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by punahou
    I'm nor sure the rams win or lose more with or without Sam. Brsdord really hasn't been a diffrence maker on this team.
    The Rams with Bradford over the past 3.5 seasons: 18-30-1 (0.375)
    The Rams in the 3 seasons prior to Bradford: 6-42 (0.125)

Yea, I'd say he's making a difference.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    The Rams with Bradford over the past 3.5 seasons: 18-30-1 (0.375)
    The Rams in the 3 seasons prior to Bradford: 6-42 (0.125)

Yea, I'd say he's making a difference.
    Losing is losing......Leave it to Ram fans to debate over which losing is better lol.

Yes, Sam made a difference....probably as much as he could in this woebegone organization.

I will go out on a limb and state, we will not win as many games this year without Sam. But, I would hazard to guess, Rams were headed for another losing record with Sam in place. Just too young and undisciplined to be anything else but a losing team. Again.

Another, "wait till next year" mantra for long suffering Ram fans. My hope now is to watch the team and hope we do not get shellacked each week. I hope I am wrong. And I still feel Clemmons may perform better then popular opinion. That could be a stretch on my part
    renrawtruk likes this.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

This thread confirms for me that people who don't think much of Bradford, see what they want to see. The premise here was not to say Bradford is elite, or even an upper tier QB, but that he was turning the corner before the injury. Stats said that was the case in the last three games, but you can look at some key numbers for the entire season and come to the same conclusion. If you look at QB's who've started every game this season, you'll see where Bradford rates in TD's (top 5 in NFL), INT's (tied for 2nd fewest in NFL), and TD/INT ratio (top 4 in NFL). He's done all this, despite having 8% of his passes dropped this year (including several TD's), and a running game that ranks 29th in yards per game.

And if numbers don't do it for you, how about leading the comeback against Arizona, or the furious comeback against Atlanta that just fell short, or the perfect deep throws, or standing tall in the pocket and delivering perfect passes, knowing he's going to get clobbered? The guy has done his job, and done it well.

Grasping at straws to try and tear down your teams franchise QB must be a bitter pill to swallow, especially when you've formed an opinion that isn't supported by anything.

Edit : This is directed at those who see no redeeming value in Bradford, and think the Rams should go in a different direction, not those who have legitimate criticisms and concerns.
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -10-23-2013 at 12:25 PM.
    AvengerRam, HUbison, Nick and 5 others like this.

Trevor is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    This thread confirms for me that people who don't think much of Bradford, see what they want to see. The premise here was not to say Bradford is elite, or even an upper tier QB, but that he was turning the corner before the injury. Stats said that was the case in the last three games, but you can look at some key numbers for the entire season and come to the same conclusion. If you look at QB's who've started every game this season, you'll see where Bradford rates in TD's (top 5 in NFL), INT's (tied for 2nd fewest in NFL), and TD/INT ratio (top 4 in NFL). He's done all this, despite having 8% of his passes dropped this year (including several TD's), and a running game that ranks 29th in yards per game.

And if numbers don't do it for you, how about leading the comeback against Arizona, or the furious comeback against Atlanta that just fell short, or the perfect deep throws, or standing tall in the pocket and delivering perfect passes, knowing he's going to get clobbered? The guy has done his job, and done it well.

Grasping at straws to try and tear down your teams franchise QB must be a bitter pill to swallow, especially when you've formed an opinion that isn't supported by anything.

Edit : This is directed at those who see no redeeming value in Bradford, and think the Rams should go in a different direction, not those who have legitimate criticisms and concerns.
    Agreed

If the whole TEAM did its job, Bradford's stats would look a ton better. TD passes getting called back, drive killers and dropped passes. I see a good QB in Bradford.

I read some posts and they make it seem like Bradford is like Sanchez. Bradford is a good qb and I don't know why people have this mindset that "If the QB isn't elite, he's a bust".. Its funny how that mindset only applies to the QB position and not every other position. Why is that?

Trevor is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by emuen View Post
    Are you saying the wheels have come off? Or are you saying that you are waiting for a young coach to take over?
    Basically, the OC sucks.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

This whole post should be required reading for anyone that wishes to opine on Bradford. And the part in bold should be stitched on a pillow.
    NJ Ramsfan1 likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I don't know why people have this mindset that "If the QB isn't elite, he's a bust"..

"Oh, Hell, Ricky! I was high when I said that!"

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAM29JACKSON View Post
    passer rating is an inexact science
    Passer rating is a mathematical formula which is applied the same to all players. Nothing inexact about it. Some place too much importance on this single stat but there tends to be a good correlation between passer rating and winning percentage - a statistic which most find pretty important.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

As is usually the case in these instances, Mike provides the voice of truth and common sense.

Those of us who have been fans since the late 70's (or earlier) remember what TRULY bad QB play is like...

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Those of us who have been fans since the late 70's (or earlier) remember what TRULY bad QB play is like...
    Yes we do...
    Sam was turning the corner before the injury.-tb.png

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast