Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

RebelYell is online now Registered User

Re: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBritishRam View Post
    Passer rating is a mathematical formula which is applied the same to all players. Nothing inexact about it. Some place too much importance on this single stat but there tends to be a good correlation between passer rating and winning percentage - a statistic which most find pretty important.
    The QB rating is really indicative of the entire offense where the QB is the most influential player on the squad. As long as you look at it in that way, the QB rating is very relevant and important.

The team who's QB has a higher QB rating in a game will win 80% of the time. The stat came out yesterday on NFL.com since the beginning of 2009. Sam Bradford is 14th in the NFL with an exceptionally young supporting cast (freakishly young). Tom Brady fell from the single digits to the mid 20's by losing his supporting cast.

RebelYell is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Yes we do...
    Attachment 4172
    Tony was one of the hosts for a college football halftime show last weekend - thinking a Pac12 game or Mountain West. He might have found a job he isn't horrific at.

Spiderwolf is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    The Rams with Bradford over the past 3.5 seasons: 18-30-1 (0.375)
    The Rams in the 3 seasons prior to Bradford: 6-42 (0.125)

Yea, I'd say he's making a difference.
    WOW. 18-30! Now that's a percentage we can be proud of. And finish last place every year! Yeaaaaaaa

SERIOUSLY? That's not good enough. This team needs a better QB, and I hope we go after one of the betterones with our first pick in the draft.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderwolf View Post
    WOW. 18-30! Now that's a percentage we can be proud of. And finish last place every year! Yeaaaaaaa

SERIOUSLY? That's not good enough. This team needs a better QB, and I hope we go after one of the betterones with our first pick in the draft.
    So you know for a fact that Teddy Bridgewater, Brett Hundley or Marcus Marriota will be better than Sam?

Because (Gabbert), first round (Sanchez), QBs (Freeman), always (J.Russell) pan out (Weedon) exactly (Tebow) the way the team (Quinn) expects them to, right?

RAM29JACKSON is offline Registered User

So you know for a fact that Teddy Bridgewater, Brett Hundley or Marcus Marriota will be better than Sam?

Because (Gabbert), first round (Sanchez), QBs (Freeman), always (J.Russell) pan out (Weedon) exactly (Tebow) the way the team (Quinn) expects them to, right?
    no one knows. The point is its time to find out because the QB position and the whole team hasn't developed well.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM29JACKSON View Post

no one knows. The point is its time to find out because the QB position and the whole team hasn't developed well.
    No, I've already provided evidence showing that the QB position has developed, and you continue to ignore that evidence.

No, I've already provided evidence showing that the QB position has developed, and you continue to ignore that evidence.
    LOL dude, that improvement is now under a knife and no one knows if he'll be worth a damn afterword. The evidence would have mattered if he played another 8 games this year but now he's a freaking project AGAIN.
    Time for new meat

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

LOL dude, that improvement is now under a knife and no one knows if he'll be worth a damn afterword. The evidence would have mattered if he played another 8 games this year but now he's a freaking project AGAIN. Time for new meat

When RG3 blew out his knee (again) the Redskins had no idea how he'd play the next year or if he'd even be ready by the regular season. By your logic they should have scrapped him and made a play for say... Geno Smith? I mean none of those games before the injury matter so...

citr92 is online now Registered User

LOL dude, that improvement is now under a knife and no one knows if he'll be worth a damn afterword. The evidence would have mattered if he played another 8 games this year but now he's a freaking project AGAIN.
    Time for new meat
    no, time for the team to develop the young guys so they can become consistent, stop dropping passes, run the right route, etc.

yea same isn't perfect, but if you get rid of bradford, you're starting AAAAALL over again!

no...no more starting over, it's building time, and sam whether believe it or not, has had stunted development, once the team gets rolling, he'll be even better

he was starting to well..."turn the corner"

now he's injured...fantastic, though i'm behind clemens in this next game, you should be too

you should also really think...how much would a new qb next year help?

who would it REALISTICALLY be?

convince me...just try

Quote Originally Posted by DE_Ramfan View Post
    When RG3 blew out his knee (again) the Redskins had no idea how he'd play the next year or if he'd even be ready by the regular season. By your logic they should have scrapped him and made a play for say... Geno Smith? I mean none of those games before the injury matter so...
    RG3 was already proven to be a superior player and worth the risk. I know its not totally uncommon but its still a risk and Sam isn't known yet to be any amount of consistent or great

Quote Originally Posted by citr92 View Post
    no, time for the team to develop the young guys so they can become consistent, stop dropping passes, run the right route, etc.

yea same isn't perfect, but if you get rid of bradford, you're starting AAAAALL over again!

no...no more starting over, it's building time, and sam whether believe it or not, has had stunted development, once the team gets rolling, he'll be even better

he was starting to well..."turn the corner"

now he's injured...fantastic, though i'm behind clemens in this next game, you should be too

you should also really think...how much would a new qb next year help?

who would it REALISTICALLY be?

convince me...just try

the teams already on hold again and has to wait a year to find out if its worth taking a chance on him again. In essence its still a rebuilding process again. his knowledge of the playbook is useless in a trainers room/rehab.

i'm not saying its impossible and wont happen but they've been at the starting line far too long.

Time for new meat
    Um... dude... if no one knows how he'll come back, why do you assume the worst?

All you have are your pessimistic assertions. Come back when you have something more to back up your doomsaying.

You're just wasting everyone's time at this point with your nonsense.

Um... dude... if no one knows how he'll come back, why do you assume the worst?

All you have are your pessimistic assertions. Come back when you have something more to back up your doomsaying.

You're just wasting everyone's time at this point with your nonsense.
    dear God LOL its just trivial sports talk to begin with. You and I both have a 50/50 chance of being right.

All you have is optimistic assertions that success was around the corner. and look above, I already stated I hope it works out. You are taking sports banter too seriously.

Pessimistic? its a fact that the season is tanked/over. That's all there is to it.
    unless I'm insulting someone directly on this board I can say anything I want about the ins and outs of a sports franchise. Its just another opinion not a waste of anyone's time.

RuffRams is offline Registered User
    Sam, was definitely turning a corner. You can see it in numbers. You can even see it in his play. Including all the deep passes, he also had 4 more that should have been caught. And how about that perfect throw to Tavon and Quick. He has started getting comfortable with his weapons and being a real qb. That's why it's disheartening this happened now. I really hope next year he picks where he left off.

Don't forget ALL his picks were tipped balls, except the Panthers one. But even that was technically tipped.

Sent from my Samsung using Forum Runner
    Trevor likes this.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

If RG3 is a superior player, how comes he has never beaten Sam Bradford and the Rams?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast