Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 117
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

  1. #76
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,550
    Rep Power
    144

    Re: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderwolf View Post
    WOW. 18-30! Now that's a percentage we can be proud of. And finish last place every year! Yeaaaaaaa

    SERIOUSLY? That's not good enough. This team needs a better QB, and I hope we go after one of the betterones with our first pick in the draft.
    Those statisitics are in reply to another poster who wasn't sure if Bradford made a difference or not in the win column. I displayed the fact that the Rams win percentage has tripled with Bradford in the game.

    Try to keep up.

    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  2. #77
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,495
    Rep Power
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM29JACKSON View Post

    dear God LOL its just trivial sports talk to begin with. You and I both have a 50/50 chance of being right.

    All you have is optimistic assertions that success was around the corner. and look above, I already stated I hope it works out. You are taking sports banter too seriously.

    Pessimistic? its a fact that the season is tanked/over. That's all there is to it.
    unless I'm insulting someone directly on this board I can say anything I want about the ins and outs of a sports franchise. Its just another opinion not a waste of anyone's time.
    You don't understand what a "fact" is. That much is clear.

  3. #78
    shower beers's Avatar
    shower beers is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,043
    Rep Power
    59

    Re: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

    Well if we're going to draft a QB next year, we will need to leapfrog the Giants, who by some of the logic in this thread will very obviously be drafting a quarterback and cutting loose the no good bum, Eli Manning.

    Clearly he has regressed to the point that it's time to blow up the team and get a new franchise quarterback. Someone who has "it" and can get some wins baby!

  4. #79
    citr92 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by RAM29JACKSON View Post
    the teams already on hold again and has to wait a year to find out if its worth taking a chance on him again. In essence its still a rebuilding process again. his knowledge of the playbook is useless in a trainers room/rehab.

    i'm not saying its impossible and wont happen but they've been at the starting line far too long.
    so then they shouldn't have to set up in their blocks again and just let the starter fire the gun so they could get started!(track talk...lol)

    no more starting over!!

    Bradford is the guy....again, answer my question, who would you pick in the next draft that would FROM DAY ONE be better than Bradford?

  5. #80
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,246
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by RAM29JACKSON View Post
    dear God LOL its just trivial sports talk to begin with. You and I both have a 50/50 chance of being right.

    All you have is optimistic assertions that success was around the corner. and look above, I already stated I hope it works out. You are taking sports banter too seriously.

    Pessimistic? its a fact that the season is tanked/over. That's all there is to it.
    unless I'm insulting someone directly on this board I can say anything I want about the ins and outs of a sports franchise. Its just another opinion not a waste of anyone's time.
    If you think anyone is taking this discussion "too seriously", you don't get it. You are right in one respect, it is sports banter, and the opinions here are made in that context. Trust me, no one is losing sleep over your responses.

    As far as your comments on Bradford, whether or not your opinions are a waste of anyone's time is debatable, especially considering that you have no relevant arguments as to why he should be replaced. Speaking of which, you must think Jeff Fisher is a complete idiot for saying "He'll be back and he's our quarterback."

  6. #81
    RAM29JACKSON's Avatar
    RAM29JACKSON is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Age
    49
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    If you think anyone is taking this discussion "too seriously", you don't get it. You are right in one respect, it is sports banter, and the opinions here are made in that context. Trust me, no one is losing sleep over your responses.

    As far as your comments on Bradford, whether or not your opinions are a waste of anyone's time is debatable, especially considering that you have no relevant arguments as to why he should be replaced. Speaking of which, you must think Jeff Fisher is a complete idiot for saying "He'll be back and he's our quarterback."
    no Fisher isn't an idiot. He just made the typical diplomatic statement. He has no clue if he'll be a coach at the end of the season and wont hesitate to change QBs if a certain factor or opportunity arises now or during the off season or when ever.

    Bradford may not have been a complete suckfest like a Colt McCoy or a Lienhart but he wasn't even on a gradual positive incline like a Joe Flacco.
    Yes, no one can predict the future and lots of things can possibly happen in his favor in life. Joe Gibbs was better than Joe Walsh as a coach and won SBs with 3 QBs no one will ever remember in history.

    But Fisher is no Joe Gibbs and Bradford hasn't even played like a good Mark Rypien.
    Its the free agency era. You have to develop a winner in 3 years, you don't have 6 years like the old days.

    Look at what SF and Seattle have done. Those teams have actually improved. College coaches came in and actually made an impact and they obviously have front offices that want to win.
    fact= the Rams organization doesnt have what it takes and doesnt know how to get what it takes.
    Sam Bradford, I very strongly doubt will be under center for the Rams in a Super Bowl 3 years from now.
    LOL if i'm wrong I don't care because that's a positive as far as I'm concerned !

  7. #82
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,495
    Rep Power
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM29JACKSON View Post

    no Fisher isn't an idiot. He just made the typical diplomatic statement. He has no clue if he'll be a coach at the end of the season and wont hesitate to change QBs if a certain factor or opportunity arises now or during the off season or when ever.

    Bradford may not have been a complete suckfest like a Colt McCoy or a Lienhart but he wasn't even on a gradual positive incline like a Joe Flacco.
    Yes, no one can predict the future and lots of things can possibly happen in his favor in life. Joe Gibbs was better than Joe Walsh as a coach and won SBs with 3 QBs no one will ever remember in history.

    But Fisher is no Joe Gibbs and Bradford hasn't even played like a good Mark Rypien.
    Its the free agency era. You have to develop a winner in 3 years, you don't have 6 years like the old days.

    Look at what SF and Seattle have done. Those teams have actually improved. College coaches came in and actually made an impact and they obviously have front offices that want to win.
    fact= the Rams organization doesnt have what it takes and doesnt know how to get what it takes.
    Sam Bradford, I very strongly doubt will be under center for the Rams in a Super Bowl 3 years from now.
    LOL if i'm wrong I don't care because that's a positive as far as I'm concerned !
    You're just embarrassing yourself now. I'm done with you.

  8. #83
    RAM29JACKSON's Avatar
    RAM29JACKSON is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Age
    49
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    You're just embarrassing yourself now. I'm done with you.
    LOL Just because you don't like my opinion doesnt mean I'm embarrassing myself.
    what are taking and making so personal ?

  9. #84
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,550
    Rep Power
    144

    Re: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by some kid
    he wasn't even on a gradual positive incline like a Joe Flacco.
    Unbelievable. Nobody can be this consistently wrong on accident. You must be trying to embarass yourself at this point. I would post all the numbers showing how wrong this statement is, but A) you would ignore it, and B) the rest of the world already knows it.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  10. #85
    RAM29JACKSON's Avatar
    RAM29JACKSON is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Age
    49
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Unbelievable. Nobody can be this consistently wrong on accident. You must be trying to embarass yourself at this point. I would post all the numbers showing how wrong this statement is, but A) you would ignore it, and B) the rest of the world already knows it.
    I looked at the numbers before I made that statement. All you see is a few numbers were somewhat similar. But in no way shape or form can you compare how Flacco and the Ravens Developed to the Rams and Bradford and Flaccos QB rating or passer rating or what ever it is was 10 points higher on average. How Sam did as an individual is unimportant in purely comparing his stats to Flacco which is all you are getting at. I'm looking at the whole picture for individual and team.

  11. #86
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Here
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,406
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by RAM29JACKSON View Post
    Joe Gibbs was better than Joe Walsh as a coach and won SBs with 3 QBs no one will ever remember in history.
    Well I would hope Gibbs was better than Walsh.

    BRUUUUUUUUCE


  12. #87
    RAM29JACKSON's Avatar
    RAM29JACKSON is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Age
    49
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

    LOL oops , ok, Joe, Bill what ever ?

  13. #88
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,550
    Rep Power
    144

    Re: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by RAM29JACKSON View Post
    I looked at the numbers before I made that statement. All you see is a few numbers were somewhat similar. But in no way shape or form can you compare how Flacco and the Ravens Developed to the Rams and Bradford and Flaccos QB rating or passer rating or what ever it is was 10 points higher on average. How Sam did as an individual is unimportant in purely comparing his stats to Flacco which is all you are getting at. I'm looking at the whole picture for individual and team.
    Quote Originally Posted by same guy
    he wasn't even on a gradual positive incline like a Joe Flacco.
    Just sad. Sad.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  14. #89
    RAM29JACKSON's Avatar
    RAM29JACKSON is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Age
    49
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Just sad. Sad.

    I'm not incorrect.
    And you of course are doing the childish internet practice of highlighting a few words instead of comprehending the entire post/thought. It doesnt really matter how you choose to judge my and your evaluation of Sam's numbers. My entire statement is true. The Rams don't have what it takes and Sam wasn't getting them any closer no matter how positive you want to be about his development or crunching your numbers

  15. #90
    RAM29JACKSON's Avatar
    RAM29JACKSON is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Age
    49
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Sam was turning the corner before the injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    Well if we're going to draft a QB next year, we will need to leapfrog the Giants, who by some of the logic in this thread will very obviously be drafting a quarterback and cutting loose the no good bum, Eli Manning.

    Clearly he has regressed to the point that it's time to blow up the team and get a new franchise quarterback. Someone who has "it" and can get some wins baby!
    this is a ridiculous joke and has absolutely nothing to do with the Rams current situation. The compare contrast doesnt fit

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: -11-18-2011, 02:53 PM
  2. Is the tide turning?
    By Bing69 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: -03-23-2010, 04:48 PM
  3. Rams keep turning over the same old leaf
    By eldfan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: -10-12-2009, 05:08 PM
  4. Turning Point
    By RockinRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -12-18-2008, 11:16 PM
  5. turning point of the season
    By general counsel in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -12-12-2006, 01:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •